Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is the winter weather getting you down?

Options
  • 03-01-2004 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

It is me.....I need to see the sun every few days and I have'nt. The south-east seems to be stuck with low cloud the last 3 days and the next 2 at least will be sun free. By Tuesday I'll proberly be climbing the walls if its still dull when the sun rises... :(

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh!

No sooner than I had posted than the cloud started to break and now its er sunny! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I have photosensitive skin and can't go outside the door in summer without industrial strength sunscreen, but I really start to crave sunlight in winter. :( Just an hour or so usually does the trick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the amount of sunshine in the "sunny" south east has been a bit diasmal of late. maybe it's time for a rename before tourists start looking for compensation for false advertising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Its even more depressing when its dark whe you're on your way to work and dark again when you're going home. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I always enjoyed coming home from school in the evenings when it was just getting dark. 'October' by U2 always reminds me of those times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

some fierce weather were havin eh lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Its bloody awful weather, hate windy wet weather like this!!

Is it going to last much longer??

We are sort of on the bulls eye target of the jet stream at the moment so every atlantic storm with few exceptions have our name on them.

Quieter towards the w/end maybe and a little cooler.

#Merging this with the other thread on the subject#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I need to sit at a window at work, just so I can escape fluorescent hell and look out on the light outside.

One place I used to work, from October 'til January on year, I worked 7 days, 8-4 or 4:30 (money and OT was good) but I didn't see daylight, probably only once in that time. I became tired, irritable and somewhat down. I was on the dole for the next 6 weeks, which more than compensated for the lack of light! :D

Since then, in any job, I have asked to be near a window. And alternating shifts also help during winter, so I can get our and about in the morning if I'm on the afternoon-late shift.

Advertisement