Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange noises in the sky in Ireland

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

What do you think of this? have you heard anything like it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive seen loads of these examples recently and they all just sound a little bit too fake to me, anyone can film a piece of outdoor footage, insert it to final cut pro or imovie and add a little sci fi sound effect to go along with it. Theres loads of clips like that posted on the conspiracy theory forum on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I have heard of this before as well but agree with Gonzo that these videos are very likely fake (there are a countless number of them on youtube). I think it is probably more of a sociological experiment to see how many people will start to believe these noises from the sky are real or true. A bit like the craze a few years ago of people putting water-filled plastic or glass bottles in their gardens to keep out dogs and cats even though this idea started off as a joke by some guy in Australia.

PS: A useless sociological fact: UFO's are more likely to be witnessed during times of economic recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bellieshaker

I swear, me and my boyfriend were woken up by noises like this, but not as loud in Sandymount about 2 weeks ago @ 1.30am, we had no idea what it was and thought it was an iron gate opening and closing or something like that, closed the window and went back asleep, if I hear it again ill record it, really surprised no one else has reported hearing it around that time, we live in front of a road with traffic lights, so there is always general noise outside, but this woke both of us up out of our sleep? It was very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

What do you think of this? have you heard anything like it?

tell your neighbour to turn off the angle grinder. simple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

What's the noise at 26 secounds. Sounds like an empty container falling.

Who ever put the sound in, should have went for a more natural sound.
    Pandas mating or something like that. As it is, seems pretty pointless.

Although some one may come in now with a completely rational explantation :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

All the telegraph poles might have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I was awoken with a strange sound recently enough too, but thought little of it and went back to sleep, my wife heard nothing.

This 'Strange Sounds from the Sky' crap has been doing the rounds of all the conspiracies websites too. Load of ****e

check out Godlikeproductions or abovetopsecret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

It's a crosspost from Astronomy and Space, where it was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

All the telegraph poles might have something to do with it
    Yep, that was my 1st thought, the large electricity pylons make a humming noise on a windy day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Kind of sounds like a car being hoovered. With a little bit of coffee machine action. And a touch of council street sweeper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement