Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Trying to set up turkey and getting the above message. Is it more to do with my revolut card? (virtual)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Nooooooooooo, I accepted to remove my revolut card, said there was suspicious activity. Now won't accept my new revolut. What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

odddavey wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo, I accepted to remove my revolut card, said there was suspicious activity. Now won't accept my new revolut. What can I do?
    Listen to some Daniel O' Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

bromley52 wrote: »
    Listen to some Daniel O' Donnell.

It's never going to get that bad, is it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Danmj wrote: »
    Ya switched yesterday €4.53 for 4k

What card did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Danmj

frash wrote: »
    What card did you use?

Originally had to use aib card when I signed up to Irish Netflix as it wouldn't let me use revolut but went onto chat and got them to change to revolut card before I signed up to turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Read most of the thread but not all of it. What's the best way for me to go?

Currrently paying via vouchers. No payment details entered on the acc. Vouchers run out on Nov 6.

Is there any way to use an Irish card and still get a foreign sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Read most of the thread but not all of it. What's the best way for me to go?

Currrently paying via vouchers. No payment details entered on the acc. Vouchers run out on Nov 6.

Is there any way to use an Irish card and still get a foreign sub?

I would say no, I have a sub through Argentina. Stupidly agreed to the fraudulent activity on the revolut, didn't realise the card would be cancelled. Tried to use the new card, denied payment. Tried to use the Mrs revolut, denied. Used an aib card, denied. Then got on to Netflix chat, they wouldn't approve revolut as a payment. Told me to use a local Argentinian card. In the end they unlocked my account so I can sort out payment. Due to expire next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

odddavey wrote: »
    I would say no, I have a sub through Argentina. Stupidly agreed to the fraudulent activity on the revolut, didn't realise the card would be cancelled. Tried to use the new card, denied payment. Tried to use the Mrs revolut, denied. Used an aib card, denied. Then got on to Netflix chat, they wouldn't approve revolut as a payment. Told me to use a local Argentinian card. In the end they unlocked my account so I can sort out payment. Due to expire next Monday.
    A lot of faffing about now, for most. Looks like it might just be handier to pay the €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

A lot of faffing about now, for most. Looks like it might just be handier to pay the €15.
    Of course it'd be handier....but where's the fun and sense of achievement in that? For those like me that unfortunately had to change / update payment card on an active Turkish sub and found themselves screwed, Turkish Netflix vouchers might be an option ;)

(50TL / 100TL) denominations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

Thanks OP and @dulpit in post #1963.

I took out a new standard Irish sub early last month. Netflix upgraded to full package for a month for free. Added mobile number. Used Curve and Revolut to pay. Then cancelled it.

Moved to South America over the weekend :-)
    Renewed yesterday using tor and ExitNodes. Very straightforward. All working fine.

I'm not an expert on VPNs. I tried playing with around with Hola in Chrome and a few other free VPNs first, but wasn't convinced my IP address was showing up correctly when checked with whatsmyip etc., so didn't go to renew on Netflix.com using this route.

Thanks again. Will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

My sub expires at midnight, is it advised to wait a full 24 hours before connecting VPN and attempting to renew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yeah but Netflix is totally not worth paying 15 euros for

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

My sub expires at midnight, is it advised to wait a full 24 hours before connecting VPN and attempting to renew ?

mine expired on the 19th and just tried to renew it now, unsuccessfully. kept original payment method revolut virtual card I used to pay for the 1st subscription. Tried from mobile and browsers after clearing cache and cookies, all from Tr location

lud wrote: »
    mine expired on the 19th and just tried to renew it now, unsuccessfully. kept original payment method revolut virtual card I used to pay for the 1st subscription. Tried from mobile and browsers after clearing cache and cookies, all from Tr location

Can I ask what vpn provider you are using

Can I ask what vpn provider you are using

https://touchvpn.net/ for mobile
    Free VPN extension for Brave browser, desktop (it is acting up when surfing)
    Tor Browser, desktop (works nicely with Exit Nodes generally)

At this point I'm thinking it's the revolut card. I used the same card initially when I tried to create new Netflix account straight from Tr and it failed. Not sure if they track all attempts of payments + locations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

lud wrote: »

Did it work with the VPN?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Did it work with the VPN?

no :( "..Something wrong with your payment method.."

**update renewal trick has not worked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

ok so I've renewed in Ireland for another month with an Irish credit card.

I've gone in now & changed my payment card to be my Curve card (which points to my Revolut card).
    I have just cancelled my subscription.

I think what I have to do now is wait 24 hours once the sub expires on Oct 21st and then "go to Turkey" and re-start.

Fingers crossed / 3rd time lucky and all of that

THIS WORKED!!! :D

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
    1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
    2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
    3. Cancel your sub
    4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
    5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

THIS WORKED!!! :D

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
    1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
    2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
    3. Cancel your sub
    4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
    5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens

You do have to pay for the first month in Ireland, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

I've added an Irish phone number and cancelled my renewal. My current payment method is revolut. Will i be able to renew with a Turkish VPN or is it not going to work without using Curve?

I'm not really willing to go to the effort of setting up another banking thing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

People please do not use Revoult as your payment method, at least not directly, it doesn't work for the majority of people, if you really need to use Revoult then attach it to your Curve card and use it that way.

wiz569 wrote: »
    People please do not use Revoult as your payment method, at least not directly, it doesn't work for the majority of people, if you really need to use Revoult then attach it to your Curve card and use it that way.

So it won't work then? I don't have a curve card. Which means I have to go find out what it is and sign up for it

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Simi wrote: »
    So it won't work then? I don't have a curve card. Which means I have to go find out what it is and sign up for it

Curve is brilliant, pm me if you want a referral ;)

You might be one of the very few lucky ones, but even then it might catch up with you further down the road. I just use my Irish debit card and that works fine, well at least till the card expires lol

You might be one of the very few lucky ones, but even then it might catch up with you further down the road. I just use my Irish debit card and that works fine, well at least till the card expires lol

Well I've now signed up to Curve and it won't let me add my revolut card. So I'm just going to try revolut and now I have a curve card I don't want

Well I've now signed up to Curve and it won't let me add my revolut card. So I'm just going to try revolut and now I have a curve card I don't want

Well the Curve card didn't cost you anything but it should work, a couple of guys here are using it that way, why not just use your normal debit card? Or add that to Curve?

Well the Curve card didn't cost you anything but it should work, a couple of guys here are using it that way, why not just use your normal debit card? Or add that to Curve?

Ok that's working now. The curve app is incredibly buggy, I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it out of the 'add a card' loop it was stuck in.

So I've added curve as a payment method to Netflix. Should I cancel Netflix now and then renew 24hrs after renewal? Renewal is at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Add your regular credit or debit card to Curve. You don't need to have Revolut linked to it. Curve will do the FX conversion anyway and give the same rate you would have got with Revolut.

Advertisement