Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

going to the cinema tonight girls, any suggestions wat to have to eat? or will i just have nothing? any ideas? would like to get something but hope it wont cost me dearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

boxoff wrote: »
    going to the cinema tonight girls, any suggestions wat to have to eat? or will i just have nothing? any ideas? would like to get something but hope it wont cost me dearly!

Why don't you bring your own snacks to the cinema with you so you know exactly what you're eating? Some suggestions:
    Manhattan popcorn 15g bag - 2pp
    Jaffa cakes - 1pp each
    Chop some carrot sticks - 0pp
    Any diet soft drink - 0pp
    And most of the WW snack bars are only 2-3pp.

Sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

STS this week, this is the second week out of 6 since starting i have had a bad week and didnt go up on the scales, I am quite aware that I wont always be so lucky, so gonna knuckle down now, getting into this new system slowly but surely.

I decided to buy an extra biscuit tin when I started, so now there is two in the house. One for the boys which I top up for the them but avoid at all costs when looking for something sweet. The second one is for me alone, full of one or two point nibbles, I find it good for when I am feeling the need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Sh**ty morning in work today, ended up having a sausage sandwich (at onsite restaurant) AND a small sausage roll! So annoyed with myself now!

Any idea how many pp in a small sausage roll? They are smaller than the small ones you get in deli counters, kinda like 3 bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

When you get to your 5% goal - does it pop up on the screen at your WI. I knew I should have been pretty close to it, and I just checked the chart and I should have got it at my WI last night? Do you have to keep an eye on this yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

kildareash wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that Bubbaloo, please god everything will go well for you and you will be back losing weight in no time at all.

I agree 100% with astra...stock up on glossy magazines, your favourite books, dvds, hair treatments, face masks and treat yourself.

You've been doing great and I'm sure you'll loose more before the end of March and be in the best shape you can for the surgery. It will be a major positive for your recovery.

My suggestions would be to forget about WW and losing weight while you are recuperating, other than eating healthily and checking in here to keep us on the straight and narrow. At the rate this thread grows you won't have time for boredom eating!

Astra, that's a great idea not to have "bad" foods in the house. If they're not there you can't eat them.

Will you be laid up for the recovery period? If you can at all you should try go for little short strolls, when you feel strong enough, as the weather should (hopefully) be nice and mild by then.

And if you ever need a shoulder, there's quite a few of them around here ;)

Thanks so much for the support ladies. And you have some great suggestions there too. I will be laid up for 80% of the recovery time but I can definitely do WW-friendly shopping lists for my hubby!

I must admit I'm looking forward to catching up on my reading - I still have books I got for Christmas that I haven't opened! :D
    Thanks again - this thread is so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I decided to buy an extra biscuit tin when I started, so now there is two in the house. One for the boys which I top up for the them but avoid at all costs when looking for something sweet. The second one is for me alone, full of one or two point nibbles, I find it good for when I am feeling the need!!

I buy chocolate fingers and velvet crunch for myself, but I find when the OH has munched his way through all his treats he starts on mine then!
    For medical reasons, he needs to watch his weight. But I've have never seen anyone with such a sweet tooth. I have started hiding packets of biscuits on him now, just so he won't eat them all and if we have visitors I can offer them a biscuit.
    When you get to your 5% goal - does it pop up on the screen at your WI. I knew I should have been pretty close to it, and I just checked the chart and I should have got it at my WI last night? Do you have to keep an eye on this yourself?

My usual leader gave out a 5% and a 10% sticker last week, but I've never heard of that before. I was at a different meeting when I reached my 10% goal, and she just handed me the booklet and sent me on my merry way. I hadn't a clue what it meant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Monife wrote: »
    Sh**ty morning in work today, ended up having a sausage sandwich (at onsite restaurant) AND a small sausage roll! So annoyed with myself now!

Any idea how many pp in a small sausage roll? They are smaller than the small ones you get in deli counters, kinda like 3 bites.

4pp my dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

So at my meeting on tues the leader spoke about portion sizes. She had a lunchbox full of cooked spiral pasta and said it was 40g raw. Last night I weighed out my 40g (which was teeny) and cooked it and waited and waited for it to become as much as she had in the lunchbox. I would have had to top up the pot with more water and cooked it for two hours to be the amount she had in the box!:mad: There was no way it was 40g raw.
    I feel so disheartened with her, she is awful. Only 3 more weeks (am really going to force myself to go) and then Im going to find a good leader.

Does anyone else feel my hunger pain??? I have seen that loads of people on here struggle to eat their daily allowance. I am not someone in this category! I have been so hungry this week and have used all my weeklies too. My WI is tonight and I really don't feel a loss this week at all. I don't eat fruit at all, does anyone have any good ideas for healthy snacks, easy and quick to prepare and obviously low in PP??

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    So at my meeting on tues the leader spoke about portion sizes. She had a lunchbox full of cooked spiral pasta and said it was 40g raw. Last night I weighed out my 40g (which was teeny) and cooked it and waited and waited for it to become as much as she had in the lunchbox. I would have had to top up the pot with more water and cooked it for two hours to be the amount she had in the box!:mad: There was no way it was 40g raw.
    I feel so disheartened with her, she is awful. Only 3 more weeks (am really going to force myself to go) and then Im going to find a good leader.

Yeah I find that a good leader really helps. Our leader could be a motivational speaker! She is funny and honest and doesn't push the WW products which I like cos they are a waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

lil kc wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel my hunger pain??? I have seen that loads of people on here struggle to eat their daily allowance. I am not someone in this category! I have been so hungry this week and have used all my weeklies too. My WI is tonight and I really don't feel a loss this week at all. I don't eat fruit at all, does anyone have any good ideas for healthy snacks, easy and quick to prepare and obviously low in PP??

I know what you mean - I definitely NEVER struggle to eat all of my daily points!
    I know you said you don't eat fruit - but is there any way you would force it down - maybe as a smoothie or mixed in with a yoghurt? It really is a great way to keep the hunger at bay for zero (or very few) points.
    Also, I make soup every weekend and use it throughout the week for lunches - it's really filling and it can be little or no points. :)

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I know what you mean - I definitely NEVER struggle to eat all of my daily points!
    I know you said you don't eat fruit - but is there any way you would force it down - maybe as a smoothie or mixed in with a yoghurt? It really is a great way to keep the hunger at bay for zero (or very few) points.
    Also, I make soup every weekend and use it throughout the week for lunches - it's really filling and it can be little or no points. :)

Thanks yeah i do have smoothies on occasion but the fruit issue is something I have struggled with my whole life! Ok its my mission this week to make a nice soup to snack on. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

lil kc wrote: »

Fruit is a god save!
    I also found the soup great. You could have a big bowl of zero point soup for lunch with a couple of slices of bread for 4/5pp depending on the bread you use.
    I'm just having some ryvita with extra light laughing cow and a cup of green tea as we speak! Tasty for 3pp.

Finally mastered the chicken curry last night at the third attempt! Measured out 120gms of rice (was making it for 2 people) and still had enough to take to work with me today for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

dammitj wrote: »
    Oh right cool, must do that!

I started last year at 13 st 11.5lbs and I was devestated!

Now I'm at 11st 5lbs and am hoping my goal is about 10.5 stone so I can stop paying, ha ha!! I'm 5'7" so I'm thinking that sounds about right.
    Although my own personal goal is to get to 10st by christmas - only 19lbs to go!

Well done us!!

:D
    Dubgirlww wrote: »
    aww thanks, my goal was 10st 10 when i started back in ww 5 years ago at 12st 13 but when i rejoined for the millionth time i started on a new card at 11st 13 my goal had changed to 10st 4 for some reason!!?? but my own personal goal is to 9st 13.5.....be amazing to actually be in the 9st bracket!!

just ask you teacher about your goal...it comes up on the screen somewhere, but it also has it in the starter book what your goal should be!!

It depends on what age you are as well. I am 5ft 4 and my goal was 10st, I am now 9st 12, but 10 years ago is was 9st 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I think it does pop up on the screen, I reached mine last week, but according to the chart in the book I had reached it the week before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

newbee22 wrote: »
    I think it does pop up on the screen, I reached mine last week, but according to the chart in the book I had reached it the week before!

Ok cool thanks! Maybe I'll get it next week then, providing I dont put on weight this week! Extra incentive to be super good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Well done to everyone on their weight loss. I lost 3.5lbs this week which tipped me over the 4stone mark. Tried to buy a new pair of jeans today to celebrate (and well because my old ones are falling off me) and was delighted to be down 2 sizes:D, but couldn't find a pair long enough so looks like i'll just have to tighten the belt another notch for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

just checking in to say hello!

Getting ready to hit the vodkas..... i'm WAY WAY WAY over my points this week....yet....the scales are showing a loss so far :O I've been eating all my dailies...but just making concious efforts to eat low calorie dishes.....if two things have both been 4pp.....i'm going for the one lower in calorie....

Maybe my damage control has paid off!

Today i've had
    oatmeal, skimmed milk and skinny mocha for breaky
    6pp

Subway sandwich and diet coke and cereal bar for lunch
    11pp

and 80g pasta with 1/2 tub of dolmio stir in
    10pp

I have 17pp to blow on drink....but i know i'll easily drink 3 or 4 times that!
    :P

i have no weeklies left....doing this at my own expense...but life has to be lived....my mum got back from spain last night she was only gone a week....this morning in the kitchen she said she could see a HUGE difference in me :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Does anyone know the points for a twin twix bar...feel it may have been massive was of points!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well I am not feeling great today :-( Dont know whats wrong with me, just one of those days... Plus in alot of pain with my illness.

Not in mood of eating today. But I know I have to..

For brekkie I had scramble eggs and 2 slices of stoneground brown bread.

Lunch was a can of diet 7-up, thats it!

I dont know what I fancy for dinner, Arghhhhh

Also I bought cremé freche (WW) was wondering is there anychicken dishes I can make using some of it as I have never made anything with it before. So if anyone has any suggestions please email me them as I get lost checking back on posts if not bn on for few hrs or day lol

Well done to everyone who lost this week! Keep up the good work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Does anyone know the points for a twin twix bar...feel it may have been massive was of points!!!!

Twix is 8PP. One of the higher bars. Next time if you want a decent choc treat, a 4 finger kitkat is 6PP or if you dont have many PP to use, 2 finger kitkat is 3PP and curly wurly is also 3PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    my mum got back from spain last night she was only gone a week....this morning in the kitchen she said she could see a HUGE difference in me :O

That must have made you feel good! Enjoy yourself tonight & then get back in the saddle tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fofany wrote: »
    That must have made you feel good! Enjoy yourself tonight & then get back in the saddle tomorrow.

No doubt i'll be doing my drunken confessions later :P

Decided to treat my self to some new make up today....woo hooo something i wont have an alergic reaction to!

this is totally off topic....but i think a few people may need a giggle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezJfTG9ELI

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I got some bad news on Monday which means I have to have some fairly major surgery done and I'll be on the couch for 6-8 weeks!

Sorry to hear about your upcoming operation. I know you've been given loads of great advice already & then by the time you are fully recovered you'll be just in time for the start of the summer & you'll be able to make the most of the good weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Monife wrote: »
    Twix is 8PP. One of the higher bars. Next time if you want a decent choc treat, a 4 finger kitkat is 6PP or if you dont have many PP to use, 2 finger kitkat is 3PP and curly wurly is also 3PP.

OH NOOOOOO!
    Wont be making that mistake again!!!
    Just ordered free pizza too- not being good at all today...
    will make to sure to point it all though- will prob use some treat ponits today!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Had WI tonight and was only down 0.5lb! Really annoyed cuz exercised loads and was good with pointing! The only thing that's makin me not throw the towel in is this thread! Everyone posting about their exercise not kicking in until the following week is really keeping of determined to work my ass off again and get the results nxt wk!

Keep up the good work ladies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hi all just back from ww down 4 half so delighted :D i tracked every day out for 2 meals last week stay for class it realy help loads of tips at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Heading to Pizza Hut tmw evening with friends, i'm sure it was posted before but can't seem to find it just wondering if any of you have any idea of the amount of pp in a couple of different Pizza's - just to give me any idea to plan out my meals for tmw.

Thanks
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share! if you're looking for an alternative to cream in a recipe (other than creme fraiche) try alpro soya or rice dream cream, its dairy free and HALF THE FAT OF CREAM! (but all of the creamy lovliness!)
    I just had it in a chicken pasta bake and its fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement