Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previously on Dexter

• 05-03-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭

Just finished Season 3 of Dexter. I want to watch the final season but want to cut out the in between. Seeing as each ep starts with a two min catchup from the previous ep can I get away with just watching these and not the show so I don't miss anything. That would let me watch seasons 4,5,6 and 7 in about an hour.
    This should be alright yeah?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,539 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Effects wrote: »
    Just finished Season 3 of Dexter. I want to watch the final season but want to cut out the in between. Seeing as each ep starts with a two min catchup from the previous ep can I get away with just watching these and not the show so I don't miss anything. That would let me watch seasons 4,5,6 and 7 in about an hour.
    This should be alright yeah?

Season 4 is the best of the seasons; don't skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

walshb wrote: »
    Season 4 is the best of the seasons; don't skip it.

This. I wouldn't even watch the 'previously's for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Watch season 4 as said and pretend it was the last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Watch season 4 as said and pretend it was the last season.

This. It nose dives after season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I was mistaken, it was season 4 I finished. Watched two eps of season 5 and haven't been back. Think I'll just watch the final 3 eps and that'll do me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Don't. The last episode will leave you angry and bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I appear to be one of the few who still enjoyed the show after season 4 but even I wish I'd never seen the last episode. To this day I still get angry when I think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I was warned not to watch the last episode, I didn't listen. I regret not listening :(

It is literally the worst ending I've seen to anything ever. I wish I was exaggerating.

It's really not worth watching after season 4. The characters change to the point that they don't even make sense anymore. Season 5 is ok, but not nearly as strong as the previous seasons but each season that follows gets progressively worse. Do yourself a favour and just pretend season 4 was the last.

I think I've heard what happens anyway. Deb helps him escape to a life as a lumberjack or something. Doesn't he still need to kill though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think I've heard what happens anyway. Deb helps him escape to a life as a lumberjack or something. Doesn't he still need to kill though?

WE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!! WE'RE TRYING TO FORGET!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

If only it were just that bad and that question was the only plot hole. By comparison I would nearly be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The only good thing about the last 2 seasons was getting to ogle Yvonne Strahovski a lot

Watched the last episode and a half. Pretty bad alright. Looks like he's not really enjoying his new job as a lumber truck driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The only good thing about the last 2 seasons was getting to ogle Yvonne Strahovski a lot

Yeah but even when we saw her in Dexters minds eye we got a very PG-friendly view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Thought season 6 was pretty good. Nothing can compare to season 4 though.

Advertisement