Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land transfer and planning pack maps

• 20-04-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to do a land transfer map and later will make a planning application for the same site. I've looked at the OSi shop site and not sure if I should advise the client to pay for a land transfer map and then later a planning pack. I wondered if a digital OSi planning map would suffice for both tasks.
    Hope someone has experience of this and can offer a suggestion.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Found answer. Might be of interest to others;
    Product Questions

What is a Planning Pack?

Ordnance Survey Ireland’s Planning Pack is intended for use solely for planning purposes. The Planning Pack is delivered in PDF format or DWG format.

What is the difference between a Planning Pack (Printable PDF) and a Digital Planning Pack (DWG) ?

Ordnance Survey Ireland’s Printable PDF Planning Pack is intended for use solely for planning purposes. The Printable Planning Pack is available in 1:1000 and 1:2500 scale, to an A4 and A3 extent, and supplied in PDF format.
    Ordnance Survey Ireland’s Digital Planning Pack is also intended for use solely for planning purposes. The Digital Planning Pack is available in 1:1000 and 1:2500 scale, to an A4 and A3 extent, and supplied in Autocad DWG 2013 format as a vector product.

What scale map will I get if I order a Planning Pack (Printable)?

Planning Packs are available at 1:1000 or 1:2500. You can select the scale available for your site. You will also receive a site location map 1:10560 (6 inch).

If I purchase a Planning Pack, can I use it for Land Registry purposes?

No, Planning packs are solely for planning purposes, you must purchase a Land Registry Compliant map for land registry purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,252 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya they made this change a few years back when they introduced the Land Registry Compliant map.
    It's just a money making racket for them.

I havn't done a land transfer map for a decade or two and am unsure of what to show. The property being transferred is about 1 acre from a landowners property totalling about 100 acres. I am hoping I only need to show the land being transferred but not sure if I need to show the owners land holding as well.
    I mean all the landholders property in blue line and the site being transferred in red.
    I've looked on line for advice and not found any guidance.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You have to map out the existing folio and quote the quote foilo that you are splitting. Then you have to show the new site.

I done one recently in an urban area and it requires 2 maps prepared.
    You also have to sign them and put your professional qualifications on them from memory.

Transferring 1 acre from 100 acres would mean it would be madness to go mapping the 100 acres.
    Just outline the new 1 acre plot at best scale possible, outline red, call it plot A or B or whatever, measure it and note that area on it, sign it with name address, qualification and date.
    I do a couple of these every week and have never mapped both portions. You can also mark a folio map instead of buying osi map but typically the scale of the folio map is not suitable. 1:2500 or better for subdivision.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads and ladies.
    I'm surprised you do a couple a week mickdw. Must be a lot of property changing hands somewhere :)

Rural. Everyone gets a site from a farm etc so it lands being divided for all new builds on family farms, sites being sold, families handing over farm to son but keeping the home. Farms getting split after deaths etc. Boundaries needing correction is mad common too.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mickdw wrote: »
    Rural. Everyone gets a site from a farm etc so it lands being divided for all new builds on family farms, sites being sold, families handing over farm to son but keeping the home. Farms getting split after deaths etc. Boundaries needing correction is mad common too.

yeah on average we definitely do at least two a week as well..... and it doesn't even have to be a new transaction.. lots of legacy transfers need regularising too.

Advertisement