Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Number plates made up?

• 18-04-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Any idea where to get these? How much do Halfords charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

<no advertising, use PM if you want>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

any autostore - TopPart do them for €20 . Fitting requires a screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

any autostore - TopPart do them for €20 . Fitting requires a screwdriver.

I find sticking them on looks a lot better. Get some strong double sided sticky pads, never had a problem with it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

www.eireplates.com is where I always get mine. Top quality and fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

www.eireplates.ie is where I always get mine. Top quality and fast delivery.

It's https://www.eireplates.com/, Chief! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Halfords look for proof of ownership by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Halfords look for proof of ownership by the way.

And rightly so. I've never come across this with eireplates but I suppose given the fact that they have the address to which the plates are shipped plus payment information that covers them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Fancyplates.com is good if you don't want those awful pressed metal things.

And rightly so. I've never come across this with eireplates but I suppose given the fact that they have the address to which the plates are shipped plus payment information that covers them.

I’ve never seen a bricks and mortar shop in Ireland do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’ve never seen a bricks and mortar shop in Ireland do this.

Last time I did mine in local motor factors I asked if they need logbook. They just laughed at me asking if I am about to rob the bank :)

I know in some countries it is more regulated industry. Ireland just didn't see issue with it so far. I doubt cloners are going to the shops, more likely have their own press and blank plates.

• Advertisement

The Halfords thing is a bit like them selling GB stickers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I got a plate made up recently.

It cost €15 including postage. I ordered the specific details from their template online order system. Order was placed at 3pm one day and it was delivered by post the next morning.

I thought it was a great service - I have no connection to the company, merely passing on my recent experience.

irishnumberplates.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

after paying VRT for my UK import a few weeks ago I lashed into a motor factors in Finglas and was out again in < 10 mins with the goods for 20 quid or so , no questions asked at all except did I want it drilled or taped

Some countries go nuts on proof if you want to get plates but not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

trellheim wrote: »
    [...]

Some countries go nuts on proof if you want to get plates but not Ireland.

Aye. Some even require you obtain them only from relevant authorities. Ireland is extremely liberal in that matter. :)

Advertisement