Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leak in either washing machine or u-bend

Options
  • 18-04-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD 420 washer dryer and I've noticed a wet floor the last few times I used it. Problem is I'm not sure if the leak is in the ubend or the machine.

I dried the ubend pipe and poured water down it to see if there was a leak but it was still dry underneath after a few minutes, and the water didn't back up which suggests it's not blocked.

I then tilted up the washing machine and took some pics of the the rubber seal that connects to the waste water pipe. It's very hard to see but in one of the pics there could be a crack in the rubber - can't be sure though.

Are these seals expensive or would they be difficult / expensive to replace in terms of call out fee etc? Would I be better getting a new machine?

Attached some pics if anyone can spot something that I'm not seeing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Start by making sure the floor is dry, then put a sheet of newspaper in under the washer, let it fill in a wool wash which should give it a higher water level and let it tumble a few times. if the water leak is coming from the lower half of the drum the water will drop down and show up on the paper. I would hazard a guess that the leak is coming from the rubber gasket

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Check the rubber seal around the loading door - sometimes that gets pinched or torn and water can dribble out the front door. It's hard to see if you're not looking for it, since it usually finds its way under the machine before dropping to the floor.

Replacement seals available online fairly cheaply if it turns out to be that; usually easier to replace than repair.

Advertisement