Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Milk Chocolate Rice Cakes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How about a couple eggs and a couple rice cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I used to eat 3 corn cakes with salmon for breakfast, same amount of calories, it depends on what your body wants I suppose, but for me breakfasts are all about protein, having too lost 65lbs,

Thanks for the replies but I just want to know can I eat the Tesco rice cakes or not lol

There are better things for breakfast (unfortunately).
    Chocolate rice cakes are going to deliver a lot of sugar quickly - which means insulin spike - which means you'll get hungrier sooner and have less satiety. Eggs and a slice of toast would be better- and give better nutrient profile overall. Porridge with some chopped nuts and a little splash of maple syrup/honey for sweetness would be better overall too. Or french toast?

My favourite trick for losing weight quickly whilst not feeling hungry is minute steak for brunch, and then I make it two big meals instead of 3 or 4. But horses for courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks for the replies but I just want to know can I eat the Tesco rice cakes or not lol

If you account for the calories within your daily budget, yes.

It's a prettu poor breakfast that will likely leave you wanting something more not too long after but you can eat them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

No you can't. Stop counting calories and start looking at nutritional values. Because something has the same calories doesn't make them equal. Treat yourself to a massage not cakes and sh*te.

Btw calories don't exist, they're a measurement of energy. Eating cakes is a bad source of energy, be like putting crap fuel in your car. It'll go, but it'll f**k the engine up.

And forget about weight, start measuring your size.....arms,.legs, waist, hips. And your body fat percentage. If you're not exercising and eating sufficient levels of protein you're losing muscle not fat. So you'll see huge weight loss, but the fat remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Nice pizza just had one but very greasy though

From 2 days ago on Apache Pizza bargain alerts for a 14 inch pizza. Jesus wept. Ignore my last post, "diet" my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Eight o'clock in the morning I'll have fish and a rice cake.
    At 10 o'clock, I'll have fish. At 12 o'clock, I'll have fish and a rice cake. At two o'clock, I'll have fish.
    At four o'clock - just before I train - I'll have fish and a rice cake. I'll train, I'll have me fish.
    I'll come home, have some more fish, with a rice cake, and then have some more fish before I go to bed.

Hoboo wrote: »
    From 2 days ago on Apache Pizza bargain alerts for a 14 inch pizza. Jesus wept. Ignore my last post, "diet" my ass.

That was my treat day actually and I only ate 2 slices I gave the rest to my brother

Last June I was 14 stone 10 pounds I’m 10 stone now did you even look in my other threads about my weight loss

2018 - June - 14.10
    2018 - July - 13.06
    2018 - August - 12.07
    2018 - September - 11.10
    2018 - October - 11.07
    2018 - November - 11.04
    2018 - December - 10.12
    2019 - January - 11.01
    2019 - February - 10.04
    2019 - March - 10.02
    2019 - April - 10.00

Mellor wrote: »
    Eight o'clock in the morning I'll have fish and a rice cake.
    At 10 o'clock, I'll have fish. At 12 o'clock, I'll have fish and a rice cake. At two o'clock, I'll have fish.
    At four o'clock - just before I train - I'll have fish and a rice cake. I'll train, I'll have me fish.
    I'll come home, have some more fish, with a rice cake, and then have some more fish before I go to bed.

Where did I say above I was gonna eat the rice cakes every day I was just looking for something else to add to my breakfast to mix it up

You bunch are a cranky lot maybe your hungry also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I lost 4 stone a few years ago and rice cakes were my “go to” snack at the time.

I found they gave good bang for your buck as in you feel like you’ve eaten something decent for the 90 calories especially when exercising.

I’ve kept the weight off and still eat them as a snack from time to time but these days it’s more dairy milk then rice cake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sure give it a go and see how you feel yeah. Keep an eye on whether you're happy with it or wanting a snack an hour later etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Where did I say above I was gonna eat the rice cakes every day I was just looking for something else to add to my breakfast to mix it up

You bunch are a cranky lot maybe your hungry also

It was a joke.

It was a joke.

Oh I wasn’t in on the joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I’d be starving after eggs and toast tbh.

Advertisement