Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW Live Pregame - The Experiment OP and Questions

• 03-04-2019 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the pregame and question thread for out WW Live Game - The Experiment!

The game is due to begin at 6pm on Friday.

We will be using the Anon accounts.

Usual WW rules apply but there will not be strict balancing. Measures are in place to ensure we get 2-4 wolves, after that no role is guaranteed to be used and duplicates are possible.

Possible roles that can be randed:

Village Roles:
    NRV - Standard villager who gets vote to kill the wolves every day.[/COLOR]
    Seer - Chooses a player each night to learn their alignment[/COLOR]
    Bodyguard - Chooses a player each night to protect from the wolves.[/COLOR]
    Mad Chemist - Chooses a player each night to drink with each night, the drinking buddy chooses the red or blue potion, one is perfectly safe, the other, not so much.[/COLOR]
    Mason - An almost NRV, who knows identity of other Masons[/COLOR]
    Drunk - They look like a normal villager, however their sky high BAC will cause the wolves to miss their next kill if they munch the drunk.[/COLOR]
    Harlot - Chooses a player to visit each night. If they choose to visit a wolf or the munch target, the harlot will be killed, however if the wolves try to munch the harlot, she will survive as she isn't home.[/COLOR]
    Wild Child - Idolises another player, if this player is lynched the Wild Child will join the wolves.[/COLOR]
    Cupid - Cupid has the ability to tie two players as lovers, if one dies, the other will soon follow, however if they are the last two players, they will win, regardless of alignment.[/COLOR]
    Mayor - The mayors opinion holds more sway than the regular villagers, and so their vote is worth double in the lynch.[/COLOR]
    Vigilante - The vigilante has two silver bullets they can fire during the night. If the vigilante shoots a villager with their first bullet, they will be revealed to the village.[/COLOR]
    The Prince - If the prince is lynched, the lynch will instead fail and the princes identity revealed.[/COLOR]

Wolf Roles:
    Wolf - The wolves choose a player to munch each morning.[/COLOR]

Now, onto the truly experimental aspect, this game will be AMNESIA style, meaning that your initial PM WILL NOT contain your role. At any time your role could use an ability, you will receive a PM from the mods, and from there it is up to you to try to figure out your role and the roles of those around you, while also trying to catch out the wolves.

To aid players trying to figure out their roles, each will have the ability to send messages to other players during the game. These messages must be PM'd to a mod with the intended recipients name attached, and they will act as go betweens. PLAYERS CANNOT SEND MESSAGES DIRECTLY TO ONE ANOTHER.

The schedule:
    6pm - Munch D1
    6.45pm - Lynch D1
    7pm - Munch D2
    7.45pm - Lynch D2
    8pm - Munch D3
    8.45pm - Lynch D3
    BREAK
    9.30pm - Munch D4
    10.15pm - Lynch D4
    10.30pm - Munch D5
    11.15 - Lynch D5

With the current player list I don't think it can go past D4 anyways so we should be wrapped up close to 10pm.

I have more wolf roles if we get more players too, we'll see how that goes.

The schedule isn't locked in, most things aren't so fire out suggestions, problems and questions, I'll see what I can answer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looks good, I wonder how easy it will be to figure out your role

One initial question
    You say NRV (for example) gets to vote each night, should that not be day? As in you're munching early D1 and then lynch end of D1. Because you refer to Seer, bodyguard etc later in the description and I'd expect that to be before a munch? i.e. during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Some of the roles you'll know for sure after your first action, some you mightn't be able to figure out until after the game/your death

It should be each day alright i'll edit that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

who gets revealed if first vig bullet hits a villager? vig or villager?

sKeith wrote: »
    who gets revealed if first vig bullet hits a villager? vig or villager?

Villager, it'll be the same post tho so I don't know if it matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Are the wolves told their role ?

• Advertisement

Nope, similarly to mason they will know the other wolves identities

Nope, similarly to mason they will know the other wolves identities

But they’ll be munching straight off? Surely “who would you like to munch?” Would be a red flag?

will there be same number of wolves as masons?
    so, if 3 wolves, there will be 3 masons?

Green&Red wrote: »
    But they’ll be munching straight off? Surely “who would you like to munch?” Would be a red flag?

I've that covered is all I'll say

will there be same number of wolves as masons?
    so, if 3 wolves, there will be 3 masons?

Usual WW rules apply but there will not be strict balancing. Measures are in place to ensure we get 2-4 wolves, after that no role is guaranteed to be used and duplicates are possible.

Could be

• Advertisement

I've that covered is all I'll say

It’s night action isn’t it. You will ask who would you like to perform a night action on. So the wolves aren’t in a room together in this game I assume ?
    That’s my question are the wolves in a room together ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Confusing, but I’m sure it’ll all fall in place eventually. At least we’re all likely to be as equally condused.

so far, we have learnt that cupid can make two lovers, and if they survive to the end together they win the game.
    are there any other win conditions that the clueless can pretend to aim for?

Is it advisable to be prettty tanked before playing this game, i may need to take the day of work in order to prepare.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drunk werewolf is always pretty fun tbf

Cupid - if the lovers are a wolf and a villager. Who wins?

Cupid - if the lovers are a wolf and a villager. Who wins?

The wolf and the villager, just those two players, was my interpetation.

The wolf and the villager, just those two players, was my interpetation.

Also the wolves ?

I was thinking about the game yesterday, it will take a serious modding effort to pull it off without a few slips, good luck and fair plau

Also the wolves ?

No, just the lovers will win in that case

I was thinking about the game yesterday, it will take a serious modding effort to pull it off without a few slips, good luck and fair plau

The moddings tricky alright, I think the PMs between players are the toughest thing so I might limit them. If anyone knows of a website that would facilitate something like I need I'd love to hear about it :D

How many mods do you have?

• Advertisement

Is it advisable to be prettty tanked before playing this game, i may need to take the day of work in order to prepare.

I can’t decide whether to drink gin or wine. I guess the best thing to do is drink both.

I’ve got duck spring rolls from M&S (they’re the business) just need crisps and sweets and chocolate for the night. Once the stove’s lit, I’ll be good to go.

I’ve have a full bottle of red ready for this evening.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I’ve have a full bottle of red ready for this evening.

Have you been chugging at it already ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

So no COP?

@DS you’ve us starting at 6pm but also a munch at 6pm?
    Do you need to start at 5.30 or push the schedule back by 30mins?

@DS you’ve us starting at 6pm but also a munch at 6pm?
    Do you need to start at 5.30 or push the schedule back by 30mins?

No D0, game starts with a munch

Have you been chugging at it already ;D

Hope not. Wouldn’t look good at work :). I blame fat fingers on a phone.

I’m ready ;)

0569-F48-C-3-D59-4-E0-E-9-E70-3-D8-E2-CB64297.jpg

Wish I was as well prepared Strawbs!

PMs gone to the Anons, I'll start sending the login details around 5:30, the thread will be posted when I've those done, post away once the thread opens, first munch at 6

• Advertisement

Err, no PM yet?

Advertisement