Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Gorgon

• 26-03-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Anyone else playing this gem of an mmorpg? I haven't enjoyed one like this in years. Its old school, no hand holding what so ever. Just make your character and go off and explore leveling any skills that appeal to you.

I have been playing about 5 days now and I can already get involved in events and guild stuff. Free demo on steam let's you level any and all skills to 15 to try out the game. Once off 34e after which seems steep but I've 38 hours already and I would say 100s more to come.

Active patching, content and events and you can even talk to the devs in game when they are online.

Very mature community, most are older then me even from the bygone days of everquest and dark age of camolot.

If anyone plays already let me know or if interested in trying the demo I can help you out. Game can be very overwhelming once you get off the noobie island.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

im so desperate for a new mmo that i will try the demo :P it does not look good but it sounds interesting, so tell me what are the classes like ? anything interesting in that department?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Lone Stone wrote:
    im so desperate for a new mmo that i will try the demo it does not look good but it sounds interesting, so tell me what are the classes like ? anything interesting in that department?

No classes. You level the skills you want. There is skills like warewolf, druid, even animals you can be turned into with ups and downs. Like warewolfs can change into wolf form and back to human but during full moons you are stuck in wolf form and NPC's won't like you, also when talking in chat as a warewolf, every so often it will turn some of your text into a "howl" or "grr" lol.

Druids have to defend nature when called upon, failing to do so means you can't level up your druid skill for a time.

I am only on this game a week and barely scratched the surface of what's available.

You can level all skills to max if you want to put in the time lol. Some skills off the top of my head are:
    Sword, dagger, staff, shield, fire magic. Ice magic, necromancy, battle chemist, psychology, mentalism, archery, animal handling and bard.

You can have a primary and secondary combat skill active. I love this as your character will be different than most others.

You can have and level all the trade skills you like. There is tons of those.

Game is fairly hard. No hand holding but even dying is a skill that you level and you will die, ALOT. But there is a good feeling when you finally one shot that wolf that used to destroy you once you start to level and gear up a bit :).

Dungeons are quite fun, fairly easy to get a group together for all levels. You can even just follow another group and take their scraps lol as all groups are in the same instance. Respawns fast though.

You are going to be overwhelmed for awhile when you start playing, that's normal. Best tip I can give you is in the quest journal there is a tab called "what to do" or something that guides you through what you should be doing in the first 3 zones. But exploring is encouraged and rewarded.

If you get started, add IrishRook ingame or on steam and I'll help you as best as I can :)

Advertisement