Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting a job it as a primary school teacher

• 23-02-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I’m currently in 6th year ans want to be a primary school teacher .

At the moment my plan is to do education and training in dcu then go on and do the PME. And during my time at dcu study and and repeat higher irish.

What can help me get a head start when i graduate . Theres a new primary school opening in a town close by ,would the accept volunteers would it help forming a reationship with the school for future jobs .

Any experience on anything above

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Volunteering will give you an insight to the job, but certainly won't get you a job in the school!Panel rules etc have to come first.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Try the Solas programme (I think that's what it's called) - Garda vetting may take up to 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Try the Solas programme (I think that's what it's called) - Garda vetting may take up to 12 weeks.

Go to Mary I or st pat's and discuss your options. The route you are choosing will be 6 years (4+2). Vs repeat your leaving and get higher Irish 1+4 years in Mary I.

Add in to the mix the Teaching practice gained as part of each year out in a school with each of the respective courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simplyzara13

Thanks for the reply whats the solas training program for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Volunteer programme in 'disadvantaged' areas open to anyone - generally helping with maths/reading etc. one or two mornings a week.

• Advertisement

mycro2013 wrote: »
    Go to Mary I or st pat's and discuss your options. The route you are choosing will be 6 years (4+2). Vs repeat your leaving and get higher Irish 1+4 years in Mary I.

Add in to the mix the Teaching practice gained as part of each year out in a school with each of the respective courses.

The education and training course in dcu is 3 years then pme is 2 , it will only take 1 year more than the traditional route . I plan on study irish during my course

Volunteer programme in 'disadvantaged' areas open to anyone - generally helping with maths/reading etc. one or two mornings a week.

Thank you ill look into this is there any organisation i should look at

Advertisement