Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Device agnostic drone footage

• 20-01-2019 11:39pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, a while back I was posting some footage on a bargain alert thread re. the Xaomi drone, which a lot of people were using for giving samples of how good their respective drone footage was to compare. It was suggested at the time that a thread over here might be better, so I thought I'd post a video up today and if anyone else wants to contribute their own, feel free.

This particular video is nothing too exciting, but the first that I manage to get the flight details embedded into the video. This device in particular is a Parrot Disco, which is a fixed wing drone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Probably not a great idea posting footage of that on youtube as technically you are breaking the law by flying in that location at that altitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The flight time on the disco really is attractive.
    It seems to become more of a remote control plane, with a camera attached rather than the usual drone type of quadcopter and camera gimbal.

I'd say FPV goggles with the disco would be epic!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Max altitude was 120m last time I checked, but I hear you.

Yeah fpv would be great, but I've never got it to work unfortunately.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My old Parrot Disco is gone and now I have a Parrot Anafi, so out with the old, in with the new for my debut flight.

Here is another new vid.

I'd like to see others share if they feel like it, don't be shy guys!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I'll just drop two vids in here if that's ok.

The first was my first ever using a Phantom 2 with a GO Pro3 slung underneath

Then the last video produced for myself, using a Inspire 1 and a Mavic Pro.

I really must do another video soon as since I've been spending most of my time on pictures instead, time wise just a whole lot easier to produce.

irishejit wrote: »
    I'll just drop two vids in here if that's ok.

The first was my first ever using a Phantom 2 with a GO Pro3 slung underneath

Then the last video produced for myself, using a Inspire 1 and a Mavic Pro.

I really must do another video soon as since I've been spending most of my time on pictures instead, time wise just a whole lot easier to produce.

The P2 is old but still gives perfectly acceptable results.

The inspire and Mavic on the other hand are amazing. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more footage soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Couldn't miss the opportunity when passing on the way home from Donegal for a quick detour to the Emery Cross.

Not the right time of year for it, and the pictures I took came out better than the video, but good to get a recce of the site.

Shot on the Mavic Pro, I'll definitely be back in the Autumn again with the big bird!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭3d4life

From time to time Dublin Fire Brigade tweet clips

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292549259666104328

3d4life wrote: »
    From time to time Dublin Fire Brigade tweet clips

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292549259666104328

Fires are very upsetting, but good to see a drone capturing important news footage.

A few issues though,

1, very close to the housing estate
    2, flying above the kids below, permission etc?
    3, seemed to be quite high too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

tedpan wrote: »
    Fires are very upsetting, but good to see a drone capturing important news footage.

A few issues though,

1, very close to the housing estate
    2, flying above the kids below, permission etc?
    3, seemed to be quite high too

Does this apply when used by emergency services?

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Does this apply when used by emergency services?

Not 100% on that. I'm sure they have certain permissions from the IAA. I think in this case it was a member of the public who recorded the footage.

My first proper outing with my new Mavic Mini. Still getting used to the pan speeds and white balance, but it'll come with more practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭3d4life

tedpan wrote: »
    .... I think in this case it was a member of the public who recorded the footage.

My understanding is that it was done with a DFB drone by DFB.

for other clips try ' drone site:twitter.com/DubFireBrigade ' on your favourite search engine

3d4life wrote:
    My understanding is that it was done with a DFB drone by DFB.

3d4life wrote:
    for other clips try ' drone site:twitter.com/DubFireBrigade ' on your favourite search engine

Could be, I'll have a look. This case was taken by a member of the public, it lists their Instagram handle in the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Not my first video with my new Mavic Mini, but I'm still getting the hang of it....

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Not my first video with my new Mavic Mini, but I'm still getting the hang of it....

Nicely done!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's a nicely paced circle. I went from a Parrot Anafi to a Mavic Mini and the lack of an automated orbit of a subject is something I miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

delly wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a nicely paced circle. I went from a Parrot Anafi to a Mavic Mini and the lack of an automated orbit of a subject is something I miss.

That was an automated orbit :D Look into the quickshot function in DJI Fly.

Advertisement