Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Read that back to yourself about three times. Seriously. It's an 11 year old child.

An 11 year old child doing a job that they want to do and if the payment for their job happens to be thrown at them during their performance then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

This is very subjective though what constitutes "a well adjusted adult". The parents of this child clearly believe they are causing no harm to the child in allowing him to do what he is doing and we won't know if they are making the right or wrong choices for their child by presumably encouraging him to do what he is doing. Only time will tell if what he is doing now will have a negative effect on his life in the long run.

Happy to concede that what constitutes a well adjusted adult is subjective, but would you not agree exposure to the nightclub scene, sexualisation and drug taking are fairly universally accepted to be corruptive to children, and their early exposure to such things are not conducive to developing well adjusted adults?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I think you are interpreting their posts correctly.

I think you would also be interpreting the video linked correctly. This is above and beyond a mere drag queen performance. This is way closer to lap-dancing. The twerking in just shorts is also far beyond drag queen-ism.

I think you're very wrong to say that there is no sexualisation inherent in the kid's performance, if that is what you are suggesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

This is liberal progressives obviously going too far. It is not always obvious when it goes too far. It is in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

DS86DS wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense. Typical anti-American and anti-Trump rubbish.

If these people were serious about the security of their children, they would not have risked their children's lives travelling thousands of miles across dangerous terrain and sweltering heat. But they did so anyway.

And there claims of asylum are false. Asylum means seeking refuge in the first country you enter. They not only didn't do that, but they continued to ignore the will of US sovereignty in crossing the border.

Trump and America have every right to enforce border security and the integrity of the United States. It is not anybody else's fault that these people choose to not only ignore US constitutional law, but the countless warnings they were given.

Just a mite off topic there, buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

This is liberal progressives obviously going too far. It is not always obvious when it goes too far. It is in this case.

Liberals never know when they've gone too far. They put ideological fanaticism above human life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

An 11 year old child doing a job that they want to do and if the payment for their job happens to be thrown at them during their performance then so be it.

How you can keep saying this stuff without seeing what's wrong with it is insane.

Throwing money at an 11 year old boy to have him dance and perform for you while dressed as a girl in a gay bar is all fine and above board because he's being fairly reimbursed by said money that's being thrown at him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

Tis a bit OTT alright but if it's what he wants to do then it's what he wants to do.

I wanted to drive the car home from school when I was 11, should my parents have let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Are you on a wind-up?

Horny gay men looking at an 11 year old child doing anything is just never right.

What if they “want” to have sex? If that’s the job they like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Are you on a wind-up?

I sincerely hope (and expect) that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm on mobile so it would be difficult for me to multi quote previous posts in this thread.

Allow me to use that multi-quote and then maybe you might see something that's seemingly crystal clear to everyone else.
    in this case equating his performance to that of a stripper in a nightclub that is if I am interpreting their posts correctly.

To wit;

FFS! I sincerely hope you're ripping the p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Christ.
    You wouldn't see sh1t like this in Bangkok, let alone the States.

Weird and downright unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Getting some bad vibes off you buddy...You wouldn't be the kind of man who enjoys seeing little boys perform in drag by any chance?

Just as an aside please don't say anything that will get you banned, because that will just mean a very fine forum user name is forever gone. Be careful! :(

Let me just quote this insanity again.
    equating his performance to that of a stripper in a nightclub

How you can keep saying this stuff without seeing what's wrong with it is insane.

Throwing money at an 11 year old boy to have him dance and perform for you while dressed as a girl in a gay bar is all fine and above board because he's being fairly reimbursed by said money that's being thrown at him?

He is undertaking a job as professional drag performer:

"The truth is, Desmond is a professional drag performer. No one forces him to perform, performing is what he loves to do and has always loved to do."

Correct me if I'm wrong as I have never seen a professional drag performance but, I believe it is the norm for the audience to throw money at the performer during their performance in the US. Therefore this is why the money is being thrown at him and I have no problem with it because it is what is usually done during a drag performance.

"The truth is, Desmond is a professional drag performer. No one forces him to perform, performing is what he loves to do and has always loved to do."

Correct me if I'm wrong as I have never seen a professional drag performance but, I believe it is the norm for the audience to throw money at the performer during their performance in the US. Therefore this is why the money is being thrown at him and I have no problem with it because it is what is usually done during a drag performance.

Except. This. Is. A. Child.

Getting some bad vibes off you buddy...You wouldn't be the kind of man who enjoys seeing little boys perform in drag by any chance?
    Zorya wrote: »
    Just as an aside please don't say anything that will get you banned, because that will just mean a very fine forum user name is forever gone. Be careful! :(

Don't see why Cosmic Horror should be banned for that comment. The other user is openly and freely defending and rationalising this stuff down to the ground so maybe he/she would like it himself/herself. Anyone who would like it would give me bad vibes to tbh.

Jumbo2018 wrote: »
    I wanted to drive the car home from school when I was 11, should my parents have let me.

No because that would have been illegal and dangerous for you to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

You are wrong. Desmond is a child. (See that mark after child. It's a full stop.)

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote: »
    I sincerely hope (and expect) that he is.

Frighteningly enough it doesn't appear that they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Any drag shows I've seen , or read about are adult men in drag , not a young child who is exactly that - a child , impressionable , vulnerable , easy to manipulate in wanting to please parents , and others .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The parents and club owners should be charged with putting a child in danger in this instance.

No because that would have been illegal and dangerous for you to do.

And if it wasn't illegal it'd still be dangerous yeah?

Just like this could still be dangerous for the child's development even though it falls within the law

Legality is not the arbiter of right/wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The kid isn't even a good dancer

Bravo! :D

Imagine leaving this poster in charge of your children/nephew/nieces. The ''then so be it'' at the end says it all really. Scary.

A young boy dancing in front of a pack of horny gay men is not also illegal and dangerous?

You are assuming that everyone at the performance was a "horny gay man" and we do not know if that is the truth or not.

It was not illegal as they complied with the laws of that state.

"All of his performances are conducted in accordance with the Dept of Labor's regulations for child performers."

Is there any way I can I unthank this??

Rhetorical question

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's also what is usually done at a lap dance.

Why do you choose to see it as one but not the other?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

This may be a personal attack, but DontThankMe, you are a bit twisted in the head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement