Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan Billboards from around the world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Liverpool

Peterborough UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Peterborough UK.

Referring to chickens as everyone makes it look like it was written by a child

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

aaakev wrote: »

Also kinda rules out most wild carnivores basic existence

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Of course one could use other terms but one can’t please everyone! If you believe the wording to be wrong or could be improved, you should contact them.

They could have used ‘every body’, every ‘being’, every ‘concious entity’ but, as with all advertising, the words shouldn’t stumble.

• Advertisement

Of course one could use other terms but one can’t please everyone! If you believe the wording to be wrong or could be improved, you should contact them.

They could have used ‘every body’, every ‘being’, every ‘concious entity’ but, as with all advertising, the words shouldn’t stumble.

The thing is that as it's in the UK - it's not even deemed advertising just that particular billboards authors "opinion" ....

London

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is at Stockwell tube station at the least, I was over this week. Probably all around the place.

This is at Stockwell tube station at the least, I was over this week. Probably all around the place.

As above kinda spells out a complete lack of understanding / hatred for any species who is naturally carnivorous, omnivorous or similar tbh
    "Respecting everyone's right not to be used owned or killed regardless of species"

This from the same group which would see all species of farmed animals wiped off the face of the planet ...

gozunda wrote: »

This from the same group which would see all species of farmed animals wiped off the face of the planet ...

No, they are all going to be allowed roam free amd fend for themselves so they will live good lives....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

No, they are all going to be allowed roam free amd fend for themselves so they will live good lives....

Where?
    Current wild animals are under pressure from humans, now imagine what will happen if the millions of cattle, sheep, pigs horses etc. are added to the mix. Good lives me ar5e

ganmo wrote: »
    Where?
    Current wild animals are under pressure from humans, now imagine what will happen if the millions of cattle, sheep, pigs horses etc. are added to the mix. Good lives me ar5e

Yeah i was being sarcastic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

469687.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    469687.jpg

The same picture was on the bus stop shelter down the rd from my house today.

The same picture was on the bus stop shelter down the rd from my house today.

Same old tag lines being repeated then? I would have presumed the anti farming campaign would have came up with something new at this stage?

Edit: meant to say that must be the UK then as the main ad agengy here responsible for transport billboards have refused to place such anti farming tag lines on buses and trains in Ireland. Despite Ms Higgins protestations about this - these sentiments on the billboards are her opinions and do not constitute 'information' in any shape or form imo

Can you explain how I saw one on a double decker bus in Galway today so? The bus was travelling towards Renmore.

Photo please!
    I'll tell you the above is not Galway anyway!

Maybe it was a veganbus special or a mirage?

Press release from ms higgins
    For the third year running, Exterion Ireland, the only company that carry ads on bus and trains in Ireland, is refusing to run Go Vegan World ads

Good stuff ...

Photo please!
    I'll tell you the above is not Galway anyway!

Maybe it was a veganbus special or a mirage?

Press release from ms higgins

Good stuff ...

It’s was a go vegan world ad

Don’t know what was on it. But I’d be willing to have a wager with you it was go vegan world.

It’s was a go vegan world adDon’t know what was on it. But I’d be willing to have a wager with you it was go vegan world.

So you're saying ms higgins is telling porkies :eek:

So you're saying ms higgins is telling porkies :eek:

I’m just telling you a bus in Galway has a go vegan world ad on it.

I just telling you a bus in Galway has a go vegan world ad on it.

So put up a photo. As I said the official statement given was:
    For the third year running, Exterion Ireland, the only company that carry ads on bus and trains in Ireland, is refusing to run Go Vegan World ads

Btw the adverts were originally refused because they were deemed ‘emotive and provocative’ and likely to draw complaints.

You appear to doubt ms higgins statement for some reason? What part of the UK was the first photo in if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know what to tell you otherwise!

• Advertisement

So put up a photo. As I said the official statement given was:

You appear to doubt that for some reason? What part of the UK was the first photo in if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know what to tell you otherwise!

I’d wager Bradford....seen as it’s actually written on the bus.

I’ll do my very best to find it tomorrow as I’ll be on that side of town & in town again.

I give you my word it was a govegan world advert. I was driving my car & was ****ed if I was going to chase after it to take a picture. It’s was black and had VEGANISM is caps on it.

If I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up.

I’d wager Bradford....seen as it’s actually written on the bus.I’ll do my very best to find it tomorrow as I’ll be on that side of town & in town again. I give you my word it was a govegan world advert. I was driving my car & was ****ed if I was going to chase after it to take a picture. It’s was black and had VEGANISM is caps on it.
    If I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up.

Do lol.

I only asked as I know you take pictures of that kinda stuff so ...

Btw I know the area and afaik that bus company covers Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds. No matter.

Do lol.

I only asked as I know you take pictures of buses so ...

Btw I know the area and afaik that bus company covers Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds ...

& you can hold your hands up if I’m right

& you can hold your hands up if I’m right

I made no such suggestion lol. Your the one who doubted ms higgins statement - that's not my own opinion btw. There always the possibility could be a vegan with their own bus perhaps?

Btw was the bus shelter you saw also in the UK :confused:

I made no such suggestion lol. Your the one who doubted ms higgins statement - that's not my own opinion btw. There always the possibility could be a vegan with their own bus perhaps?

Nope. Two of them were in an area where we live. I looked today and one was gone. Some sports lad on it now.

It was a double decker bus eireann bus.

I asked the Mrs there had she seen the bus with the vegan ad on it around at all....she said yes sure there’s two of them. She was talking about the bus shelters. I said no, I’m on about an actually bus.

She said no, not seen a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

A quick Google shows go vegan ads on a Dublin bus so there's no reason for them not to be on a bus Éireann bus in Galway. They were out on bus shelters too over the Christmas. They caused a bit of a stir a few years ago when they first came out but they seem to attract little attention now.

jay48 wrote: »
    A quick Google shows go vegan ads on a Dublin bus so there's no reason for them not to be on a bus Éireann bus in Galway. They were out on bus shelters too over the Christmas. They caused a bit of a stir a few years ago when they first came out but they seem to attract little attention now.

That is not my opinion - I'll quote the press release from ms higgins of govegan world again dated December 28, 2018
    For the third year running, Exterion Ireland, the only company that carry ads on bus and trains in Ireland, is refusing to run Go Vegan World

I checked the Google search - there are some images dating 2015 and previous ...

'Bus shelters' were not mentioned in the press release ...

Other than that like yourself- I don't have a clue what the story is ...

Stopped at a petrol station on a way into town. Lo & behold the first bus that passes me.

Stopped at a petrol station on a way into town. Lo & behold the first bus that passes me.

Lo & behold is right. I wonder how the bus fits in mshiggens statement ...

• Advertisement

Lo & behold is right. I wonder how the bus fits in mshiggens statement ...

The only person that seems to give a toss about her statement is you.

I’m just delighted I was right.

Good stuff!!!

Advertisement