Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula E - Gen.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has the race started yet? Hopefully it is better than the last one. The extended track certainly looks interesting for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

AMKC wrote: »
    Has the race started yet? Hopefully it is better than the last one. The extended track certainly looks interesting for it.

Sorry, I probably should've mentioned the race started at 6pm. Tomorrow's finale should follow the same schedule.

TBH, the race seemed like a bit of a damp squib up front until the final couple of laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ugh, another Mercedes Benz 1-2,
    No wait, hang on, have I the right thread here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    Ugh, another Mercedes Benz 1-2,
    No wait, hang on, have I the right thread here?

It was quiet a good race do with some nice overtaking moves too and yes it was a Mercedes 1-2 but it was only one race and they have plenty of competition in this from Nissan, DS Techcheeta and more so no fear of next season just been all about one team winning all the time and dominating.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I've been trying to think... Had there been any driver who has gone into Formula e that managed to progress into, or back into, F1.

I'm thinking about both Merc drivers, and whether Stoffel Vandorne would get to race again in F1. And then for Nick DeVries, whether his move to Fe, albeit due to winning in F2 and having no drive stay in F1, will ever get to move over to F1?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gasly's Formula E substitute stint pre-dates his F1 debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

astrofluff wrote: »
    I've been trying to think... Had there been any driver who has gone into Formula e that managed to progress into, or back into, F1.

I'm thinking about both Merc drivers, and whether Stoffel Vandorne would get to race again in F1. And then for Nick DeVries, whether his move to Fe, albeit due to winning in F2 and having no drive stay in F1, will ever get to move over to F1?!

Nick deVries won F2 in one of the weakest fields for years. No chance for him.
    Vandoorne has active super license so could sub in. To become relevant he would need to become outstanding in the field what so far he hasn't achieved.

I'm more thinking that Fe doesn't yet have the credibility for the drivers to move straight into F1 without maybe doing the feeder series. Gasly was in GP2 for 3 years before he went to F1.

How many points would a driver get for a super license for winning Formula e?

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_Super_Licence

It's 30 points for winning the season, the same as F3. I suppose that's a good standard comparison. They need to accumulate 40 points over a max. of 3 years.

Ms

So I seen over on the F1 thread that McLaren might be joining Formula e for the 22/23 season. Some good news for it after the two recent pullouts of BMW and Audi was it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Aren't they already the battery suppliers anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Aren't they already the battery suppliers anyway?

They are, but that contract expires at the end of 2022. With them no longer the battery supplier after that point (Williams take it over), they are free to run a race team in the series.

Ms

The first race of the 2021-22 season starts next Friday the 26th with Formula Es first ever night race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Once again, to see the races live you either have to pay to get in Virgin Media Sport, do some tinkering with a Sky satellite box to get the BBC red button channel or some VPN trickery to see the races on YouTube.

Ms

Once again, to see the races live you either have to pay to get in Virgin Media Sport, do some tinkering with a Sky satellite box to get the BBC red button channel or some VPN trickery to see the races on YouTube.

Yes its ridiculous alright. I will just watch highlights of it on Quest unfortunatly.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Am I wrong in thinking it is on Eurosport live?

All the races were shown live on Eurosport last year anyway.

Ms

Am I wrong in thinking it is on Eurosport live?

All the races were shown live on Eurosport last year anyway.

Nope it is there again this year too. You are right.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The formula e page, doesn't mention it either. Bad oversight from them

Sure, they don't even have the qualy or ePrix listed for Ireland...definitely treated like the poor man's cousin! I will be however making use of the BBC satellite channels for this as I do not subscribe to any of the paid channels showing it..

Ms

Sure, they don't even have the qualy or ePrix listed for Ireland...definitely treated like the poor man's cousin! I will be however making use of the BBC satellite channels for this as I do not subscribe to any of the paid channels showing it..

Me either. How does the BBC one work. Is it just on the BBC Red Button or elsewhere too?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The F-E page has really been barely updated for this weekend for all sectors. Had to go piece the information together for the F-E Discord I'm in, so I'll copy it here too:

All sessions except FP1 live on Virgin Media Sport (:mad:).
    Qualis and races live on BBC Red Button 1 (manual tuning: 10.773, H, 22.0, 5/6, DBV-S, QPSK)

Thursday 25th
    🔸 FP1 — 3:10pm

Friday 26th
    🔸 FP2 — 10:55am
    🔸 Qualifying 1 — 12:45pm
    🔸 Race 1 — 📺 4:30pm, 🟢 5:03pm

Saturday 27th
    🔸 FP3 — 10:40am
    🔸 Qualifying 1 — 12:45pm
    🔸 Race 2 — 📺 4:30pm, 🟢 5:03pm

AMKC wrote: »
    Me either. How does the BBC one work. Is it just on the BBC Red Button or elsewhere too?

If you have Freesat, it'll automatically be on the EPG around channel 980 e.g. just go backwards on the channels from 101 and you'll happen upon it quite quickly.

Race 2 starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Crazy race, pity it finished when it did. Really wanted to see the conclusion of Da Costa and JEV. I don't know what happens now since JEV didn't use his second boost.... also hope all is well with the drivers, very sudden red flag and no replay. Lynn has been taken to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

https://twitter.com/MahindraRacing/status/1365728113011875842

Statement from his team - he's conscious and on the way to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Pen Rua wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MahindraRacing/status/1365728113011875842

Statement from his team - he's conscious and on the way to hospital.

Great news and thanks for sharing.

Crazy race alright. Exciting enough though. Hope those rights injured today make a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd say Edo and Lynn are delighted to have the month off now. What a day.

Advertisement