Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So 4 times bigger than FO4, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can't wait. Damn song will be stuck in my head now for weeks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Todd on stage for Bethesda now....c'mon !! Give me the juicy details ! Single player experience please please please

Fallout 76....entirely online.
    No no no no no :(

Of course you can play this solo.
    Phew...ok.

Ok, he's selling it to me. Godammit Todd.

• Advertisement

Didn't see any VATS.
    But...it's only dozens of people per server, not 100's or 1000's he said.

I'm concerned about cheats though, Fallout/Skyrim is always buggy as hell.
    Also...high level people...and that 'NUKE' ability.
    Could be tough for solor or casual players like myself

Also seems to be a lack of story

SeantheMan wrote:
    Also seems to be a lack of story

That's my greatest concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That collector's edition looks the bomb. Ha, geddit? Seriously though, looks awesome. My head is too big for the helmet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Fallout 76....entirely online.
    No no no no no :(

Of course you can play this solo.
    Phew...ok.

Solo but not offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

For anyone who missed it, full list of features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All sounds really interesting to me! No wonder the map is 4 times bigger than 4, it will be mostly empty so people can build where they want.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    All sounds really interesting to me! No wonder the map is 4 times bigger than 4, it will be mostly empty so people can build where they want.

You'd think so.
    But I've put a few 100 hours (albeit wasted) into RUST.

There are no-lifers out there who will just play to grief and playin for all hours and will find and ruin your sh1t.

The optimist in me hopes it will be great.
    The pessimist can Imagine a group of 4 or whatever...playing non stop from day 1...gettin to super high levels before most people even hit mid game....having access to the nuclear codes...and just blowing up everything constantly.

But....they haven't mentioned exactly how it all will work. We'll have to wait and see. I can imagine the BETA will be a complete sh1t show for griefing and bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not sure about it now. It really is more like Fallout 4: Online Edition rather than anything particularly new. I'm sure it'll be great fun, but I'd been hoping it'd be to Fallout 4 what New Vegas was to Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You'd think so.

There are no-lifers out there who will just play to grief and playin for all hours and will find and ruin your sh1t.

The optimist in me hopes it will be great.
    The pessimist can Imagine a group of 4 or whatever...playing non stop from day 1...gettin to super high levels before most people even hit mid game....having access to the nuclear codes...and just blowing up everything constantly.

But....they haven't mentioned exactly how it all will work. We'll have to wait and see. I can imagine the BETA will be a complete sh1t show for griefing and bugs.

They are calling it soft core survival,

You'd think so.

I didn't catch up on the conference yet but was it mentioned about how it actually works as in I log in, build a cabin in the corner of the map, log out. Next day I log back in, do I automatically go into my map with my cabin? Do I load into a new map with my buildings gone? Not sure how it works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

November 14th release........the day I'm off to Aus for my brothers wedding.

November 14th release........the day I'm off to Aus for my brothers wedding.

No worries man, go, have a great time, relax. By the time you get back, we'll all have the nuke codes but we'll wait for you get back online before using them on your ****ty cabin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No worries man, go, have a great time, relax. By the time you get back, we'll all have the nuke codes but we'll wait for you get back online before using them on your ****ty cabin.

I see.......

tenor.gif

:pac:

I didn't catch up on the conference yet but was it mentioned about how it actually works as in I log in, build a cabin in the corner of the map, log out. Next day I log back in, do I automatically go into my map with my cabin? Do I load into a new map with my buildings gone? Not sure how it works.

They haven't given us all the details yet.
    I guess we'll find out with the Beta

They haven't given us all the details yet.
    I guess we'll find out with the Beta

They've given a few extra but they seem at times to be give more question than answers.

You buildings follow you as they've not got "servers" to choose between, but how does that work if you want to join in on someone and they've got their camp set up on top of yours. For every where else they can matchmake you with randoms that are in other locations piecing together shards.

For randomers, does that mean that you 3 hour long war a la mechanist vs antagonizer, will end when you log in and they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just sow that Fallout76 presentation.

I hate everything about it.

Basically they are making game on **** part of of the game ( combat ) instead of good part of the game ( story ).

I didn't see a single npc in game that is not trying to munch on your nipples.

It even looks very.... bland? Very little of that Fallout spirit and if they wouldn't say its Fallout games, I wouldn't know.

So might new Fallout76 take the crown of worst game in franchise from F4?

Varik wrote: »
    They've given a few extra but they seem at times to be give more question than answers.

You buildings follow you as they've not got "servers" to choose between, but how does that work if you want to join in on someone and they've got their camp set up on top of yours. For every where else they can matchmake you with randoms that are in other locations piecing together shards.

For randomers, does that mean that you 3 hour long war a la mechanist vs antagonizer, will end when you log in and they're gone.

How does it work when TeamNoLife Nuke your hard earned building ?

Also...I think the VATS and Perk system are gonna be gone or significantly reduced. Which is a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If theres a few Boards users playing this in 5 months time, it would make a great little co-op experience.

I know all but one of my mates might get this, hes need sold on the idea of an entirely online game but if theres a decent community from here playing it, it will make for some memorable sessions.

Right now I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do you guys think it will be the same buggy game engine with stuff tacked on. Or a brand new one that works better on newer hardware?

How does it work when TeamNoLife Nuke your hard earned building ?

You lose it if online with them but what happens if you're offline, if you log on but instead of starting normally join a friend in their instance and bring what you had before a log off with you.
    Also...I think the VATS and Perk system are gonna be gone or significantly reduced. Which is a real shame.

Perks will probably be there, a lot of survival games have them. VATS on the other hand would need to be somewhat real time if it's in it at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It looks like the Fallout 4 engine, so i'd expect it's a slightly upgraded version of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tuxy wrote:
    Do you guys think it will be the same buggy game engine with stuff tacked on.

You can bet your house on bugs with Bethesda's track record & I'd nearly expect online to be borked at launch too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

can't wait to nuke some noobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ERG89 wrote: »
    You can bet your house on bugs with Bethesda's track record & I'd nearly expect online to be borked at launch too

The thing is they are such a big developer, fallout 4 was shown to really only make full use of 1 core. Now that 6+ cores are becoming the norm you would think developing a new game engine to take advantage of that would be a priority. But looking at the in game footage of 76 reminds more of the engine used in Fallout 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Greg81

I just preordered Armored Edition. Don't really know if I will play the because I hate building settlement for 6 hours when 4 9yo kids armed with almost unlimited time to play and parents credit cards will turn it into dust in few seconds. But hey I need that helmet in my life :)

Advertisement