Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For Sale and Freebie thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    He's probably lucky to have 2 boys for back up.
    Imagine 7 women turning on him :pac:

I’m dreading that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I would suggest the snip, but too late really!

You may suggest it : I can highly recommend it ;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Selling my jacket if it’s of any interest to anyone, also a matching pants free of charge, inner lining of the pants is ripped but someone might be able to do something with it, getting new gear next week hence the reason for selling

https://www.adverts.ie/19919465

Selling my Richa boots, bought a new pair. Rarely worn.

https://www.adverts.ie/20375304

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone used a suction pump to change the oil on a bike, I've used one on a car with good results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

horse7 wrote: »
    Has anyone used a suction pump to change the oil on a bike, I've used one on a car with good results?

Bikes generally don't have direct access to the sump like cars, some do but a lot are dry sump engines which hold their oil in a separate tank.
    Access on most bikes is not hard like crawling under a car and undoing a plastic cover before you even get to the sump bolt.
    What bike do you have that you are thinking of using a suction pump on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭H_Lime

They're dead handy to have about mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,553 ✭✭✭✭listermint

horse7 wrote: »

no, drain it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Have some Dainese Goretex gloves for sale. Only worn once.

Would take €80 for them.

https://www.adverts.ie/20629292

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bought muffs a few months ago, but never got around to fitting them and then bought winter gloves. Muffs are brand new, might be handy for someone.

http://www.adverts.ie/20634487

• Advertisement

Is this any use to anyone? Bike is long gone. Free to anyone who wants to collect from Naas.

Haynes manual for 06-09 GSXR 600 & 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If anyone wants a rough & ready 30L Top Box and plate, let me know!

http://www.adverts.ie/20745366

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

DaveD wrote: »
    Is this any use to anyone? Bike is long gone. Free to anyone who wants to collect from Naas.

Haynes manual for 06-09 GSXR 600 & 750.

If you've no interest I'll take it off you, have a GSXR 750 front end on my SV.

Alkers wrote: »
    If you've no interest I'll take it off you, have a GSXR 750 front end on my SV.

No one else has shown an interest so it’s all yours Alkers. Drop me a PM whenever suits and we’ll sort out collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Ultimate add on waterproof phone case/cover

Used but still like new, only selling cuz got a new phone and won’t fit the case anymore

Will need to buy a mount for you bike

€25

Quad lock mount
    Only used ones so still brand new
    Will fit iPhone 6 & 7
    everything their to mount it to the bike
    €25
    PM if you want any more information

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Adverts eh??
    Ok so.... Swap for PlayStation 2 and 40 games including FIFA 98,Tekken 2 etc.etc?

blade1 wrote: »
    Adverts eh??
    Ok so.... Swap for PlayStation 2 and 40 games including FIFA 98,Tekken 2 etc.etc?

Would you believe I’ve had nearly 1000 views and 1 phone call :pac: I’m not that pushed but the wife gave me brilliant news today.

Communion next month plus 3 birthdays

Confirmation in October

2 eldest want iPhone 11’s each.

Other options outside.

As for your offer, stick in a slab of red bull and we have a deal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Would you believe I’ve had nearly 1000 views and 1 phone call :pac: I’m not that pushed but the wife gave me brilliant news today.

Communion next month plus 3 birthdays

Confirmation in October

2 eldest want iPhone 11’s each.

Other options outside.

As for your offer, stick in a slab of red bull and we have a deal :p

Sounds like you should put the kids on adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah I remember when you got that bike I think, it's an absolute beauty.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Sounds like you should put the kids on adverts!

I’d have to pay someone to take them away :pac:

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah I remember when you got that bike I think, it's an absolute beauty.

Yeah just over 2 years ago. One of only 2 of that model in that colour in Cork. It’s a beauty and gets admiration nearly everywhere I go. I ended up with it as I was on a learner permit and my options for insurance were limited due to being on a learner permit. I must’ve spent €3-4K just on the extras, the receipts are there. The last photo was the day I got it, you can see the work I put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Any idea how she is with a pillion? I've been tempted for one of these for a while....

IJS84 wrote: »
    Any idea how she is with a pillion? I've been tempted for one of these for a while....

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Have mine 5 years bringing herself around pillion. I think backbox is a must for support. Put a backrest on my givi backbox and she thinks it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

listermint wrote: »
    Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Have mine 5 years bringing herself around pillion. I think backbox is a must for support. Put a backrest on my givi backbox and she thinks it's great

I'll have to see how much trouble I'll get in for bringing another bike into the shed....I don't think she'll believe the bike fairy story again 😂

IJS84 wrote: »

I’ve never had a pillion on any of the current bikes, but listermint is on the button where these are concerned. The ‘watching’ and ‘views’ on the ad have rocketed since I posted it here. If it doesn’t sell I’ll not be disappointed but based on the list the wife gave me yesterday of the requirements for the kids it looks like they’ll be funded by the Strom being sold, I have a deal agreed on principle with a dealer to trade it for a GPZ and cash my way for it, I’ll get a classic/vintage bike, the wife will get a cash injection for the family so she’ll shut up and let me alone, and we’ll I’ll just plan long term bikes. A S1000RR & GL1800 are on my list of bikes to get. I’ll get divorced before I part with the busa, sane dealer told me keep my blade. I’ve no doubt the Strom will be a classic one day, but mine won’t be for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Brand new Schuberth Helmet XL. Prefer darker colours don’t like the white.

https://www.adverts.ie/21261595

ACF50 I never got around to using also new

https://www.adverts.ie/21273216

hold on to the ACF it wont go off and can be used to clean all sorts of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

You can't clean with ACF50 . Its oil based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

There’s a guy in Greenhills does a great deep clean on bikes so I’ve been getting him to do it since I bought the bike so I probably won’t use it.

Advertisement