Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clarification RE: SNA Maternity Leave Contract and Entitlements

Options
  • 14-12-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have recently been appointed as an SNA covering a Maternity leave position commencing January- it is a full-time contract (32 hours per week)

Could anyone with more experience in this area clarify for me whether or not I will receive wages for weeks off (i.e. midterms) and if SNA's are entitled to holiday days off during term-time?

I am new to this particular area of work and cannot find this information online.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Covering mate Leave is substitution so you won't be paid for holidays or mid term. There is a holiday payment I think but you'd need to contact SNA payroll to confirm this.
    You are not entitled to any days off during term time.... we only get the same days off as the children. SNAs are entitled to ask for up to 10 days per year unpaid leave but that's at the discretion of the board of management.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ooh1985

What about croke park hours??
    Covering mate Leave is substitution so you won't be paid for holidays or mid term. There is a holiday payment I think but you'd need to contact SNA payroll to confirm this.
    You are not entitled to any days off during term time.... we only get the same days off as the children. SNAs are entitled to ask for up to 10 days per year unpaid leave but that's at the discretion of the board of management.

Advertisement