Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More heartache for my kids

• 17-07-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, lost my dad last June following his battle with Cancer, that was hard on my children, he would come every Christmas and we'd go to him every Summer in the UK, so 2 normally happy times and he's really missed still.

Last year, around same time as my dad died my mother in law had surgery for Ovarian cancer. Hard, but we'd hoped that might be it for a while, sadly few months later Liver metastatic disease showed up, now, after two failed chemo drugs, and a rapid increase in number of tumours, my mother in law has decided she probably doesn't want to try the last option chemo.

She's a lovely lady, and my kids see her everyday before and after school and they stop with her at least once a week. I'm heartbroken for my wife, she's taking it all on as her sister and brother live abroad, but really worry what it'll do to my kids. They're 13, 11 and 9 and she means everything to them. It was hard when my dad went, it'll be ten times worse when their only granny dies (my mum died just before our first child was born).

Don't know what I should say to them now, what I'll say when things progress or when her illness takes further hold and what I should or shouldn't say.

Sorry, just an unburdening post. Bit lost with it all.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

She didn't get home, I'll miss her a lot, she was a brilliant grandmother for my kids, and great mum to my wife. She had no time at all.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Sorry for your loss Tom, look after your wife and your 3 wonderful children,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

She didn't get home, I'll miss her a lot, she was a brilliant grandmother for my kids, and great mum to my wife. She had no time at all.

Sorry for your loss,may she RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm sorry for you loss, there's not much I can say but children can be wonderfully resilient when it comes to this. Look after your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mambaman

Yeah sorry for your loss. From reading your post I can tell your kids have a loving farther and your wife a loving husband. Be strong for them and I hope you have no more bad news for a long time. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Sorry for your loss Tom.

No wise words on what to say - just speak from the heart.

All the best.

Advertisement