Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

major 25

• 09-03-2017 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

Is getting 20 major on the way out to be replaced by 25 major

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

fepper wrote: »
    Is getting 20 major on the way out to be replaced by 25 major

bought a packet last night, they are pure crap, a different cig completely:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Have to agree,the 20 normal box is a better smoke than the 25 box and €14+ price is a big shock as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was thinking that this issue might be discussed here.

About 2 weeks ago was the first time I came across the 25 pack and as stated above they are sh1te. The cigarettes are completely different and the quality of the packaging is an absolute disgrace.

I emailed PJ Carroll & Co and complained both about the quality of the cigarettes and the packaging and got a very stock reply about EU regulations and their reply to my query about 25 packs only was due to "manufacturing constraints" I also asked them in my original email for a refund but that was ignored :)

They didnt address the issue of the poor quality packs nor the price increase. I worked that increase out to be the equivalent of 12.5 cents on a 20 pack. Locally the 20 pack was retailing at €11.50 but the new packs are €14.50.

Anyhow I banged off a more strongly worded email and I'll see what they have to say for themselves. I would suggest that others complain also.

Talking to shopkeeper,he thinks that the major could be made by some other company now other than carrolls

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Logman

Yeah. Totally agree new cigs are rubbish. I also emailed them a few months ago but got the same company line.
    I emailed again 2 weeks ago just to disagree with their line that nothing had changed with the tobacco as per my opinion and the opinion of many other now ex major people.
    Still waiting for a response on that one!!

• Advertisement

I see they have improved the major box,made it more sturdier,at least it wont collapse in your pocket with its previous packaging but the cigarettes still taste like crap and not like the 20 pack originals

Major are back in a box of 20s king-size and these are the blandest smoke ever,I thought the smokes in the 25 pack were bad when they came out first but in comparison to these current cigs,they were ok but major has lost its original quality forever it seems

fepper wrote: »
    Major are back in a box of 20s king-size and these are the blandest smoke ever,I thought the smokes in the 25 pack were bad when they came out first but in comparison to these current cigs,they were ok but major has lost its original quality forever it seems
    Couldnt agree more

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Major will only be available in the king size 20's or will they still be available in the 25 packs

They're available in both sizes id say now as shops seem to be selling both,the 25 box is gone up in price by 30 cent making them €15.

• Advertisement

The 25s pack seems to be gone and the 20s king-size crap is only available now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Noticed airport no longer doing major in duty free anymore either

Anyone know what Major or B & H cost these days on a return flight from New York? I'm assuming Aer Lingus still sell them on return journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

muffler wrote: »
    Anyone know what Major or B & H cost these days on a return flight from New York? I'm assuming Aer Lingus still sell them on return journeys.

€40

https://www.aerlingus.com/experience-aer-lingus/onboard-features/boutique/may2018/#p=73

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Quick one, hoping someone can help.

Got 400 major(King size) in duty free for in laws but they actually smoke extra size and have pretty much left me with them. I don’t smoke.

I am going transatlantic again in 2 weeks. Do you think they will accept them as a return? Still in packaging. Just looking to get money back.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Was this in Dublin airport? Their returns policy is here. If in doubt phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kilmore lad1

I'm glad I kept a lot of the old 20 Major boxes so can take out of thr 25 boxes and put them in the old ones. I've about 15 old empty packs, will keep em for packaging and nostalgic reasons

Advertisement