Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

I suddenly feel sick!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Passed contract which I was convinced I'd failed, and failed equity which I thought I'd passed :pac:

Got the magic three so its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Passed all four, company, criminal, tort and constitutional! Thrilled!

Four more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Can't find my results.Where should I look in my ac? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Can't find my results.Where should I look in my ac? Cheers

Easiest thing is to use the link in the email if you still have it; takes you directly to login.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 stall

Where exactly do we click to get the results on the law society website ?

Do ye think I should have equity rechecked I got 44?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

I got 46 in criminal. Any one have any success stories on getting it rechecked and going up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

if you go to www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results it should bring you straight through to the sign in page for your results

Is the next sitting on very early or is that just me? First exam starts on the 1st March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

kiwi33 wrote: »
    I got 46 in criminal. Any one have any success stories on getting it rechecked and going up!?
    Do ye think I should have equity rechecked I got 44?

All I would say is if I got a score in the 40's I would recheck. You never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

All I would say is if I got a score in the 40's I would recheck. You never know.

I got 43 in Company I was convinced I did better, got it rechecked and they brought me up to 50. I think you know yourself too if you think you did well enough I'd get it rechecked

louser1 wrote: »
    I got 43 in Company I was convinced I did better, got it rechecked and they brought me up to 50. I think you know yourself too if you think you did well enough I'd get it rechecked

Interesting... I did think I'd done enough to get 50 anyway. Especially when compared with contract haha, still a bit shocked I've passed that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭vid36

I was brought up to 50 from 45 in Company law, after getting a recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

Is it just me or is the new timetable wrong? A week in between the first three and last ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meath_man85

lawgal wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the new timetable wrong? A week in between the first three and last ones?

Any chance you could send a link to the new timetable? Can't find it anywhere on the website!

Any chance you could send a link to the new timetable? Can't find it anywhere on the website!

Its at the end of the application form for the next sitting.
    Wednesday 01 March Equity
    Thursday 02 March Company Law
    Friday 03 March EU Law
    Thursday 09 March Tort
    Friday 10 March Constitutional Law
    Monday 13 March Criminal Law
    Tuesday 14 March Law of Property
    Wednesday 15 March Contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

lawgal wrote: »

I hope it is. No idea why it's so early this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Redo91 wrote: »
    I hope it is. No idea why it's so early this year.

Its probably a case that the Red Cow is booked for another event in between

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

smeal wrote: »
    Its probably a case that the Red Cow is booked for another event in between

Great opportunity to get 5+ done in one sitting, extra days to study in between!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

So long FE1 thread! Last exam passed today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Congratulations everybody who passed. Unfortunately, i only passed 2. Bit disappointed to be honest. I was sure I did great in Contract but failed... ... it was my first sitting and needed 3 to pass. Has this ever happened to anybody? I'm so disappointed with myself... back I go to repeat in March... ... the thoughts of the red cow is making me ill... ...

Has anybody any advice? Thanks to al for all your help through the exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 devinerocks88

Sorry I thought this had posted! I passed 6 in March and only had 2 to sit in October - passed equity and failed contract (again! I got 45 last October and didn't get my three so I only repeated it now but ended up with 38) absolutely gutted but knew I'd failed it on the day I thought it was a really tough paper. I will say I got my 45 rechecked last October and went DOWN to 44 so I have no faith in rechecks but I've heard some good stories for people. Hope everyone is happy and here we go again to March!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    Congratulations everybody who passed. Unfortunately, i only passed 2. Bit disappointed to be honest. I was sure I did great in Contract but failed... ... it was my first sitting and needed 3 to pass. Has this ever happened to anybody? I'm so disappointed with myself... back I go to repeat in March... ... the thoughts of the red cow is making me ill... ...

Has anybody any advice? Thanks to al for all your help through the exams...

Any possibility of a recheck for Contract? Might be worth it seeing as you passed the other two, especially if you felt you did better. Easier said than done but don't be too disappointed; these exams can be so unpredictable - we've all come out of at least one thinking we did great and either failed or scraped a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Thanks so much for your advice... I really appreciate how good everybody is here... fingers crossed I do it next time...

I only got 37 so I don't think a recheck will bring up to a pass ...

The Contract examiner must be extremely tough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Thanks so much for your advice... I really appreciate how good everybody is here... fingers crossed I do it next time...

If you have the money to spare then recheck it people on here have passed on rechecks with much lower marks. It might help later with the what if.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

If you have the money to spare then recheck it people on here have passed on rechecks with much lower marks. It might help later with the what if.

I agree, if you made a some way decent attempt at 5 questions,you should consider a recheck. However you only attempted 4 it is always going to be very difficult to hit that 50!

How many questions did you attempt?

I did 4 and a half, one of the questions I answered was a part A and a part B and you'd to answer both. For one of the parts all I wrote was literally "past consideration is no consideration" :pac:

I had a single digit number of cases for the whole paper. I really don't know how I managed to pass it! So if you don't mind spending the money it maaayyy be worth rechecking it..

Chin up though, these things are horrific. I really thought that people were exaggerating but by christ, they certainly are not

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Congratulations and commiserations folks.I got 0/4 in March and 3/4 from Octobers sittings.To say I'm delighted is an understatement.Dont be too hard on yourself if you didn't get the results you wanted.Believe in yourself,these exams are tough but far from impossible.In terms of rechecks,I got 45 in three exams in March and got 45 after rechecks (and €300+) in all three so I found them a complete waste of time and money.Have a good weekend everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

does anyone know what password we use to access results? I can't access my emails to check as eircom is still down.. Typical! ��

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement