Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭but1er

Picked up the family ticket, its not noted kids ticket or adult ticket, it just says GA tickets, works out at €18 a ticket. happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

TrueDub wrote: »
    Bought tickets this morning for the first 3 days.

Now to negotiate time away from home - good behaviour essential! :D

Got one too but never received them.
    Are they not sent via e mail?

Any idea if Sky will show it?
    EIR sport coverage wouldnt be up to the same standard (IMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Conchir

Got one too but never received them.
    Are they not sent via e mail?

When I purchased there was no email option, and match tickets are usually only posted out much closer to the event (in my experience).

Cant wait though.
    Rain the main worry.
    Must be over 50% of May ODIs rained off in this country.

• Advertisement

My tickets arrived in the post the other week. Getting closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hoping this weather holds out

I've never been to Malahide CC, will there be a bar?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

maximoose wrote: »
    Hoping this weather holds out

I've never been to Malahide CC, will there be a bar?

Definitely - and probably more than one.

The ground is starting to shape up nicely: https://twitter.com/EVENTSinFingal/status/990500487203041280

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are the leaving those stands up until after the T20 games?

• Advertisement

Another photo posted by Cricket Ireland today.

31732092_2141886019161393_7923544148005617664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHwP46I1mC56DNJ_wPSqboYVAy1v78g6FxN7LGKb6KzFWM9fDE1RuoA9kWVtSxjl-_Ac01g0pCq6Ob3TrZbVvx3sLTCsnz7APO3kym0H7c09w&oh=1e6e4799866ee72573705d46ec6571c6&oe=5B5D2180

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Some handy info for people attending:
    At least they are allowing rain gear in.....

Current forecast suggests afternoon showers on the first couple of days, but hopefully they will quickly blow over with gusts of getting on for 50 km/h forecast. Hopefully the forecast will improve over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Squad: William Porterfield (capt), Andy Balbirnie, Ed Joyce, Tyrone Kane, Andy McBrine, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien (wk), Boyd Rankin, Nathan Smith, Paul Stirling, James Shannon, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Squad: William Porterfield (capt), Andy Balbirnie, Ed Joyce, Tyrone Kane, Andy McBrine, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien (wk), Boyd Rankin, Nathan Smith, Paul Stirling, James Shannon, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson

Surprised that Barry McCarthy didn't make the cut. Dockrell not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MeathOrient

Thanks for that, very useful.

No mention of whether umbrellas / golf umbrellas are permitted. I've just eMailed Cricket Ireland to for clarification.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks for that, very useful.

No mention of whether umbrellas / golf umbrellas are permitted. I've just eMailed Cricket Ireland to for clarification.
    I would be surprised if not given they are a regular feature of test cricket in E&W

They should not obstruct anyone's view as if it's raining enough to need them there's unlikely to be any play going on

Anyway I've talked enough about rain - I'm expecting a glorious sunny day on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would have been a great weekend for a test match...

Would have been a great weekend for a test match...

Looking at forecast for Friday - Not good. What a balls of a country for weather

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Not a great forecast but we should get some play. Hopefully most of the rain comes overnight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

pakistan playing northhants now one day left. suffered a whashout against kent. pakistan have a nice test squad. will be a tough examination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Friday and indeed, next weekends weather looks cold and wet, it could well be a washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Friday and indeed, next weekends weather looks cold and wet, it could well be a washout.

The upshot of all that is it increases our chances of getting a draw. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭but1er

How does it work on refunds on test cricket? I remember it was over 12 one day cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MeathOrient

Beasty wrote: »
    I would be surprised if not given they are a regular feature of test cricket in E&W

They should not obstruct anyone's view as if it's raining enough to need them there's unlikely to be any play going on

Anyway I've talked enough about rain - I'm expecting a glorious sunny day on Friday...

Reply from Cricket Ireland...

" Small umbrellas will be allowed but not large golf umbrellas."

but1er wrote: »
    How does it work on refunds on test cricket? I remember it was over 12 one day cricket
    Hold onto your ticket - another hundred years or so and a ticket for a washed out first day of Irish Test cricket could be worth a bob or two....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

If Dublin is anything like Kerry today, then Friday literally looks a wash-out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Oh dear god

2018050900H066_UK00_SFC.jpg

2018050900H090_UK00_SFC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

A4 sized bags only, sounds awkward as hell. Those zero bag policies are okayish for other sports but not great considering the length of cricket matches.

• Advertisement

caff wrote: »
    A4 sized bags only, sounds awkward as hell. Those zero bag policies are okayish for other sports but not great considering the length of cricket matches.
    There will be plenty of places to grab refreshments, and you're unlikely to feel as ripped off as at some sporting events and gigs. Having said that, I wonder if there will be anyone selling umbrellas - may be a pretty rewarding commercial opportunity for someone on Friday....

Advertisement