Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Update on our forum request, looks like we will have a 6 week wait :(

We can discuss how we will mod the new forum here if we get it

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry but I've had to knock off a small number of votes as they didn't satisfy the voting requirements - 50+ posts AND be a Boards member for over 3 months.

I've also edited the thread title as the voting process stays open for 6 weeks, not one week as was indicated. I'm afraid this means that a decision on any future forum won't be made until after 23rd October.

As regards discussions on potential mods for any future forum, that's something that will be decided if the forum is approved. However in the meantime such discussions only distract from the purpose of this thread, which is for people to add the +/-1s, so maybe you could start a chat thread in the forum where the current game is being hosted? And as has always been the case on Boards, volunteering for a modship automatically disqualifies you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

andy125 wrote: »
    Update on our forum request, looks like we will have a 6 week wait :(

We can discuss how we will mod the new forum here if we get it

No reason why it was extended?

No reason why it was extended?

Seems all new requests are 6 weeks, then changes to one week prefix when there is one week left, doesn't really explain itself well in the charter

Seems all new requests are 6 weeks, then changes to one week prefix when there is one week left, doesn't really explain itself well in the charter

Wonder why they need 6 weeks to sort it. I haven't read charter though.

If jayop and max get sorted in week or so with the deadroom/wolf den, what do we think about getting a game going while we wait out our forum request

Depending on mods availability ofc

• Advertisement

I'm heading to Scotland on Thursday for family wedding and not back till 24th so I couldn't commit to a game.

Wow you guys have done a great job with the new forum. I posted in it but probably shouldn't have as I can't join the next game.

I've been using my phone for the last while to browse boards and it makes following and contributing awkward. Feckin laptop needs new battery and the connection thingy at the back is loose.

Anyone want to sell a secondhand Dell? For like a tenner?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If jayop and max get sorted in week or so with the deadroom/wolf den, what do we think about getting a game going while we wait out our forum request

I think it'd be a good idea. I assume you mean we run another game here and torture the good folk of this form yet again.....?

I've no experience modding anything but if someone is stuck for a co-mod and gives me some sort of a crash course then I'd be happy to help at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Wow you guys have done a great job with the new forum. I posted in it but probably shouldn't have as I can't join the next game.

Ehhhh, you don't have to be playing to post and chat. :P

Ehhhh, you don't have to be playing to post and chat. :P

Ah ok :) *blush*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wonder why they need 6 weeks to sort it. I haven't read charter though.

6 weeks isn't specific to this forum request, it's a standard voting period for all requests to ensure that everyone who wants to have a say can do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

We can easily have that side of things set up within a week if people are looking to kick off another one.

I don't think it's the end of the world to have one more here while we wait on the forum request. At this stage we've already three threads here, so what's one more... :cool:

We can easily have that side of things set up within a week if people are looking to kick off another one.

I don't think it's the end of the world to have one more here while we wait on the forum request. At this stage we've already three threads here, so what's one more... :cool:

sounds like a plan is coming together, we can do sign ups here to avoid anymore thread bar the new game thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

When are you folks looking to start? I said it was draining last time but give it a week or so and the balance between addiction and exhaustion should be switching over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The threads in here can be transferred to a new forum anyway I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

If ye are stuck, I'm happy to co-mod a game. I think Jayo and Max have this one sorted though right? Depending on when kick-off is, I'll likely sign up to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'd happily put my name forward to co mod too, but would prefer to do so with a more experienced operator given my noobism to the whole thing.

Just as happy to play too,but am willing to share the burden to keep the momentum going

Zaph wrote: »
    6 weeks isn't specific to this forum request, it's a standard voting period for all requests to ensure that everyone who wants to have a say can do so.

Hi Zalph, I just wanted to clarify the thing about game mods. Game mods don't need any actual mod power or title, their purpose is only to run the game. What I mean by needing a mod is that once you guys appoint a mod that will be the person who can enforce the charter and only them. If the game mod needs a thread title changed or a thread locked they can ask the actual mod.

Hope that clarifies it, it's late hereðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Right, whats the auld craic, what did I miss?

Right, whats the auld craic, what did I miss?

We've all decided that you're getting promoted to the top admin at boards.ie and we're going to ban all non werewolf related threads from after hours.

You'd better go tell them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll sign up to that later Max, cheers!

Are me and Jayop running WW3 or what? I'm up for running a game, don't think I have time to play given I need to actually pay attention as a player.

It's currently in talks with us, but what would people think of a Game of Thrones themed game? Lannisters v Brotherhood without Banners etc

So priest is Thoros of Myr, Melisandre is seer etc

Also thinking of a new role. Follows a player like the Witness. Calling it the renegade so far but need something edgier I think.

Say I'm a renegade, Valeyard is a wolf and Mahamageehad is a villager. Wolves attack Mahamageehad, kill her, I see this going on and murder Valeyard. Both teams lose a player.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Why does Vale have to be a wolf again??

Are me and Jayop running WW3 or what? I'm up for running a game, don't think I have time to play given I need to actually pay attention as a player.

It's currently in talks with us, but what would people think of a Game of Thrones themed game? Lannisters v Brotherhood without Banners etc

Also thinking of a new role. Follows a player like the Witness. Calling it the renegade so far but need something edgier I think.

Say I'm a wolf, Valeyard is a wolf and Mahamageehad is a villager. Wolves attack Mahamageehad, kill her, I see this going on and murder Valeyard. Both teams lose a player.

GoT sounds great! I have long red hair as well ;)

The night is dark and full of terrors!

quickbeam wrote: »
    ^^ Why does Vale have to be a wolf again??

Because he's a guaranteed wolf every game

GoT sounds great! I have long red hair as well ;)

The night is dark and full of terrors!

Ginger don't sugarcoat it :p

Ginger don't sugarcoat it :p

You wouldn't call Melissandre a ginger now would you!

You wouldn't call Melissandre a ginger now would you!

Point taken.

Opinions on the renegade? I think you'd need to add an extra wolf or add an alpha or assassin to compensate

Point taken.

Opinions on the renegade? I think you'd need to add an extra wolf or add an alpha or assassin to compensate

I don't know if you would, depends on the amount of villagers. You are losing one from each at the end of the day. I would need to think on that one.

Yeah we'll run it DS. Sorry I've been busy this week to start the organization but there's no rush. We can make a start next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Say I'm a wolf, Valeyard is a wolf and Mahamageehad is a villager. Wolves attack Mahamageehad, kill her, I see this going on and murder Valeyard. Both teams lose a player.

Why do I have to die?? :(
    Yes I'm defo up for a GoT themed game. Couldn't the renegade be Arya, she'd play the game as a faceless man before murdering the killer after she saw the murder.

Advertisement