Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

@fitz2 many thanks for the kind words and for posting the link to the photo of the watch.

@893bet - a dub, living in sligo, father was a tipp man hence the Ryan name!

893 he is local to you, it was meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz II wrote: »
    893 he is local to you, it was meant to be.

Not too far...but not too near....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Anyone for my Seiko Sea Urchin (brand new, unworn)? Would make a lovely Christmas present.

SNZF15J2

535308.jpg

Linky

Discount for anyone in here. But this time only a small one.

Clearing out the secondary watchbox....free Timex for anyone that wants it, automatic is running. PM me if you want it, 20 euros to charity.

20201206-143018.jpg
    20201206-143026.jpg
    20201206-143030.jpg

Nice watchbox 8 watches. Small chip from coming in and out of the safe. These are over 100 on amazon. 40 euro collected. PM me.

20201206-145927.jpg
    20201206-145931.jpg
    20201206-145936.jpg
    20201206-145939.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a lovely box for the money! If I hadn't one already I'd jump at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Hey all, looking for opinions on either of the below as regards pricing or questions to ask prior to purchasing. I've bought on Chrono before but much newer watches...

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-date--id17187586.htm

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-date-chronograph---silver-dial---ca-2006--id17251714.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Hey all, looking for opinions on either of the below as regards pricing or questions to ask prior to purchasing. I've bought on Chrono before but much newer watches...

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-date--id17187586.htm

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-date-chronograph---silver-dial---ca-2006--id17251714.htm
    With that username you should be giving out advice on buying and selling.

dinorebel wrote: »
    With that username you should be giving out advice on buying and selling.

says dinorebel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@rodneytrotter15 I've not had an Omega with a 7750-based movement but I do have a 7750 watch.

They are very robust and with it being an Omega customised version, it will likely be a very good execution of the breed. It is an auto whihc is an advantage fo many Speedies, but is still likely to suffer from the elements of 'character' of the 7750 family: the minute hand can be a bit wayward while trying to set the time accurately, the rotor can sometimes feel like it is possessed and will spin out of the movement and the button feel for the chrono function can be a bit agricultural.

But with that all said, if you like the 7750, then a Speedmaster interpretation of it is a very nice thing.

Just a word of warning though, get extensive movement pictures. I purchased on Chrono24 recently, from a verified dealer of long standing and their claim of a recent service has since been comprehensively shown to be at odds with the evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    @rodneytrotter15 I've not had an Omega with a 7750-based movement but I do have a 7750 watch.

They are very robust and with it being an Omega customised version, it will likely be a very good execution of the breed. It is an auto whihc is an advantage fo many Speedies, but is still likely to suffer from the elements of 'character' of the 7750 family: the minute hand can be a bit wayward while trying to set the time accurately, the rotor can sometimes feel like it is possessed and will spin out of the movement and the button feel for the chrono function can be a bit agricultural.

But with that all said, if you like the 7750, then a Speedmaster interpretation of it is a very nice thing.

Just a word of warning though, get extensive movement pictures. I purchased on Chrono24 recently, from a verified dealer of long standing and their claim of a recent service has since been comprehensively shown to be at odds with the evidence.

Thanks for the help. I pulled this trigger on the first one this morning and thanks again.

Clearing out the secondary watchbox....free Timex for anyone that wants it, automatic is running. PM me if you want it, 20 euros to charity.

Nobody wants a free watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Not quite my taste, but you might get a better response on the free/give away watch thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Sorry, should've been the bargains thread. - Mis post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nobody wants a free watch?

Sorry Fitz once I saw the watch dial I skimmed past without reading your post:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Sorry Fitz once I saw the watch dial I skimmed past without reading your post:D

Its just a bit of crap for somebody wants to mess with the movement

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shamrock92

Hi guys,

The previous Seikos are gone, so up next is my beloved Universal Geneve Polerouter. It's approx 1960s, running well and recently serviced. Featuring a microrotor, a very useful date and a beautiful champagne dial. Currently on a Hirsch strap. If anyone is interested, or would like further pics, happy to have a chat :) Priced at €690

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Hi folks,

I recently bought a watch from watchshop.co.uk, and they've given me a 20 gbp off voucher if you spend over 100. It expires in 6 days, and I'm not going to use it so if anyone would like it feel free to PM me, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I have a couple of new watches coming in the next few weeks and looking to make a bit of space in my watch box.

If you are interested in either of these let me know.

Tisell 9015 Explorer
    j1YwjSTl.jpg

Casio Edifice ECB-10DC-1AEF
    AxxWr7kl.jpeg
    (worn literally 4-5 times)

Asking for €175 each.

I like both these watches so if there isn't much interest I will probably just start a second box! A dangerous decision.

As the original owner of the Tisell, I can honestly say it's a very well made watch for the money. Best of luck with the sale - or keep it :D

Anyone any interest in my brand new (unworn) Seiko automatic pepsi diver? Would make a lovely Christmas present for someone

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I have a couple of new watches coming in the next few weeks and looking to make a bit of space in my watch box.

Casio Edifice ECB-10DC-1AEF
    AxxWr7kl.jpeg
    (worn literally 4-5 times)

Asking for €175 each.

I like both these watches so if there isn't much interest I will probably just start a second box! A dangerous decision.

There's a much better value one on adverts! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

If you are interested in either of these let me know.

Pics deleted.

Asking for €175 each.

I'll take the Grey Dawn please.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Hi all ,
    Anyone interested in my omega railmaster which is up on adverts . Will let it got for 3800 to boards member and you won’t get cheaper than that anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    Anyone interested in my omega railmaster which is up on adverts . Will let it got for 3800 to boards member and you won’t get cheaper than that anywhere

What’s the thickness? Google is not clear and I am seeing a variety of measurements from 11.2 up to 14mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

893bet wrote: »
    What’s the thickness? Google is not clear and I am seeing a variety of measurements from 11.2 up to 14mm.

looks like 12.8mm on the various sites ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Cyrus wrote: »
    looks like 12.8mm on the various sites ive seen.
    I think it’s 12 mm . Wears quite thin . It’s a lot slimmer than say a speedie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'd hardly get 210 for this at this stage? Pic is from original post, watch has been worn three times at most since then. No marks or anything on it. No point me keeping it really when I'm not likely to wear it.

520117.jpg

I'd hardly get 210 for this at this stage?

You should easily get 210 imho

When did you buy it and what did you pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

unkel wrote: »
    You should easily get 210 imho

When did you buy it and what did you pay?
    `

About 2/3 months ago, was a bit dearer than that, but willing to take a hit on it so I can have something else I fancy. Just for clarity, I was offering it to folk here for 210. As before, I don't really want to go near Adverts but I'd throw it on for a bit more there obviously.

Advertisement