Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I did a bet on the last race at kempton today the 7:20pm.
    Just as the race started I'd say the had ran 50 yards the second fav which was 6/1 at the off went 1/1 on PP's live betting in running.

I stook €1 on it knowing it was a mistake to see which way it would be settled if it wins.
    Just after I did it he went 8/1 which would be right as he was settled out the back.

Anyway the horse won and low and behold they pay me out at 1/1.

Now to me this was an obvious error in price,wht PP would call a palpable error a 6/1 shot right after the off
    being quoted at 1/1 when he was right out the back of the pack..

How many times have people done a bet on football,rugby or whatever and PP
    voiding the bet or paying out at a much lower price claiming palpable error
    when there is an obvious wrong price being offered.

At the stake I did obviously I dont care about the bet but its interesting the rule only seems to work for one party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I did a bet on the last race at kempton today the 7:20pm.
    Just as the race started I'd say the had ran 50 yards the second fav which was 6/1 at the off went 1/1 on PP's live betting in running.

I stook €1 on it knowing it was a mistake to see which way it would be settled if it wins.
    Just after I did it he went 8/1 which would be right as he was settled out the back.

Anyway the horse won and low and behold they pay me out at 1/1.

Now to me this was an obvious error in price,wht PP would call a palpable error a 6/1 shot right after the off
    being quoted at 1/1 when he was right out the back of the pack..

How many times have people done a bet on football,rugby or whatever and PP
    voiding the bet or paying out at a much lower price claiming palpable error
    when there is an obvious wrong price being offered.

At the stake I did obviously I dont care about the bet but its interesting the rule only seems to work for one party.

what on earth are you on about? tell me when the race took place and i will watch it an come back to you with a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

what on earth are you on about? tell me when the race took place and i will watch it an come back to you with a comment

Sorry I'll try and explain it better.
    Just right after the off I did bet on Russian Ice at 1/1 knowing it was a mistake on the site when he should of been at least 6/1.
    Heres the race.
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Full_Results/0,12493,470898,00.html

It ended up 6/1 and opened at 13/2 it never was near 1/1.

I only put €1 on as a experiment to see what way it would be settled if it did win as it was an obvious error.

It was settled at 1/1.
    If the mistake tho was 66/1 PP would of called it a palpaple error and paid me 6/1.

Its not a big deal I was just pointing out how they turn a blind eye when the mistake is in their favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

did anyone see kempton 130 on monday pp were offering 10/1 to name the first 5 in correct order obv only 5 ran but he sneaked in at end that all 5 must finish what an awful price then think it was 210 ludlow was name first 3 in corect order 20/1 only 6 ran they were all over place on onday were pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Was in PP the other day and had a big special up.
    Name a horse to place in X,Y and Z race, was evens now 10/3.

I thought that looked brutally short and checked the races. All of them handicap races with ten plus runners. What a load of tosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Was in PP the other day and had a big special up.
    Name a horse to place in X,Y and Z race, was evens now 10/3.

I thought that looked brutally short and checked the races. All of them handicap races with ten plus runners. What a load of tosh.

What price were the favs? Did you definitely do the maths right this time: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75265713

At the time of it 3/1 4/1 5/2.
    If my maths is correct an each way accum on the three would return 100/30 if the three placed.

Another yesterday in lads. 5/4 shot and a 2/1 on shot. Their ''enhancement'' was 2/1.LOL.

If my maths is correct an each way accum on the three would return 100/30 if the three placed.

Was 10/3 displayed as the max price paid out?

Another yesterday in lads. 5/4 shot and a 2/1 shot. Their ''enhancement'' was 2/1.LOL.

You do know that 5/4 & 2/1 equate to 2/7 ??

• Advertisement

Healio wrote: »
    Was 10/3 displayed as the max price paid out?
    100/30 from evens.

Sorry,that meant to say 2/1 on.

I'm assuming you're trying to be funny.

100/30 from evens.

have you got morning prices? And was it stated as the max price paid out? It looks to me as if it was displayed as the minimum payout; a bit like the old Footy coupon where 8 homes were 12/1 (based on picking the 8 shortest priced home teams) yet you would still get more if it worked out more.
    Regardless of this argument, there seems to be a chip on all in this forums shoulder in regards to bookmakers. They are not out to get you; they already have their margin built in; why would they need to? Some of you on here are gas the way you'se go on. This bookie is great; this bookie is ****e etc. The best bookie is the one going the best price for your selection at the time; you do not get paid for loyalty.
    Sorry,that meant to say 2/1 on.

Fair enough.

I'm assuming you're trying to be funny.

Ye i was hahahahahah. :confused: What does it work out as Carol Vordermann?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

No need to be such an arsehole healio

have you got morning prices? And was it stated as the max price paid out? It looks to me as if it was displayed as the minimum payout; a bit like the old Footy coupon where 8 homes were 12/1 (based on picking the 8 shortest priced home teams) yet you would still get more if it worked out more.
    Regardless of this argument, there seems to be a chip on all in this forums shoulder in regards to bookmakers. They are not out to get you; they already have their margin built in; why would they need to? Some of you on here are gas the way you'se go on. This bookie is great; this bookie is ****e etc. The best bookie is the one going the best price for your selection at the time; you do not get paid for loyalty.

That's what I thought at first so I went up close to the screen to look.
    It was: Pick a horse to place in X,Y,Z was evens Enhanced 10/3. I thought it would have been three novice races or something with short priced favs,couldn't believe that there was an enhancement so bad.

Ye i was hahahahahah. :confused: What does it work out as Carol Vordermann?

What are you on about with the confused face?

,couldn't believe that there was an enhancement so bad.

What were the morning prices? Most likely these specials are made at 10am/11am in the morning, when prices are only out. Hence somedays they look like **** and somedays they look like value of the week. However; i can't see the logic of you attacking companies when you cant even provide the prices they may have been when the special was set up.
    noelpat wrote:
    No need to be such an arsehole healio

Meh, I'll see more of ye before i judge.

What were the morning prices? Most likely these specials are made at 10am/11am in the morning, when prices are only out. Hence somedays they look like **** and somedays they look like value of the week. However; i can't see the logic of you attacking companies when you cant even provide the prices they may have been when the special was set up.

Already done.
    Also,please quote where I directly attacked the company. I called the special ''tosh'' if that's what you're referring too. Clearly an uncalled for and harsh insult at the company!! :eek:

If this was 10/11am i apologise, but to be fair your attention to detail is top notch. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It was about half eleven.

Alas,I made a mistake in a maths calculation that you linked to and forgot to put the word ''on'' in.

Alas,I made a mistake in a maths calculation that you linked to and forgot to put the word ''on'' in.

Im not going to get mods involved, but the word "on" was not in your original mail: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75906327&postcount=101

It has actually been conveniently added just before your last post. i'll leave you to it anyway. Im not sure if your trying to convince me or yourself.

I know,I edited it. I just said in my last post that I forgot to put it in. What are you on about?

And look at the time of editing. 02:56. 25 minutes before that post.

To be fair your attention to detail is top notch.

I know,I edited it. I just said in my last post that I forgot to put it in. What are you on about?
    :
    UrbanSea wrote:

Im going to bed; seriously man read before you post.

:

Im going to bed; seriously man read before you post.

I was asking what you were on about by me ''conveniently'' putting the word ''on'' in to my previous post,yet it had been edited 25 minutes before I made that post.

I was asking what you were on about by me ''conveniently'' putting the word ''on'' in to my previous post,yet it had been edited 25 minutes before I made that post.

Substance not style mate. 2/1 "on" puts you even more in a hole.

It makes no difference.
    5/4 and 1/2 still work out at better odds than their 2/1 ''special''.

It makes no difference.
    5/4 and 1/2 still work out at better odds than their 2/1 ''special''.

So was it a double now?

• Advertisement

Yes.

Apologies,now I can see the large confusion when I didn't say on in the first place.

Advertisement