Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nicest Spa? Better than Monart??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Was in Escape Spa Cork for 4 hours yday - twas sublime - i just love the set up there.. I know its small but for me its a total escape.. and had the good fortune to have the relaxation room to myself for an hr! Had a hydrotherm massage which was divine..

Monart has a lot to live up to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was in brooklodge there recently with a friend and we'd definitely put it up there with our favourites
    food at the strawberry tree restaurant was amazing and we got to see the pantry full of homemade stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Anyone been to Bellinteer House recently and would you recommend it? Thinking of going there for a long weekend in the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Not really Monart - +1 with the stuck up and overpriced bus terminal comments.

Seafield Lodge *the hotel part* was AMAZING - super lovely staff, fabulous spa experuence - we entertained ourselves for HOURS - and the food, ambience and service were just impeccable. I loved the quirky outdoor area and standing hottub outside. Can't wait to persudae someone to go back - and a huge balcony overlooking nothing but green and trees - bliss.

Powerscourt - ie the huge Hotel on the driveway up to the Powerscourt Country house was good but you jeeded to know there was an upstairs snoozung and chill out zone (we almost missed it) - plus that kids from the hotel are let into the spa/pool area after 3 or 4 o'c - something I did not know when I booked and which I would consider a big negative Nd risk. However - eceryone retreated upstairs to be tucked in to a day bed with chill out lighting and herbal tea ...very dreamtime. The lunch was nice and the treatment girls so lovely and could not have been more nice or accommodating to all our odd quirkyness. Very luxurious but no outside area. The other powerscourt spa in the extended bungalow thats been there for donkeys years - with its indoor blow up swimmingpool and pedicures on deckchairs on the walkthrough corridors should just be avoided at all costs imo.

When Radisson Blu owned the Cavan Radisson its spa was exceptional - its since been sold on but I cant imagine they would have changed the physical pools, infinity pool, huge heated chill out areas or fabulous infrastructure - but you never know. Sadly I hear children are allowed now - hardly a spa experience if kids are shrieking and splashing about but that policy may have sunce changed back to adult only again- worth asking..

I found.myself with work in the Maryborough in Cork and while not as exceptional ilas the old radusson blu in cavan it was lush and mystical and indulgent for the 2 or so hours I wallowed in it and the service was absolutely 5 star.

I was in the Kilashee Country House recently and made it my business to nosey on down and use the spa. While the girls were really nice and very helpful it was like walking back into the 1980's - very poor and out of date and I'd have been well put out and perhaps asking for a refund if I'd gone specifically for a spa weekend. As with the rooms and menu - thou the drinks and wedding were good!! Definately not on my ever go again list.

I'd gone yo Brookfield lodge in (Tunakilly ?) in Wicklow a few years back and they could not have veen nicer or more accommodating and we spent about 4 hours lushing about in it. Its very open amd pool focused but I loved the thermal couches (whatever they're called) and the hot towels and whatnots .

Temple in Moat is closed now I hear - in fact a refugee centre I hear. Lucky them.

Advertisement