Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inline skating

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

wsobiesiak wrote: »
    do not have to tell me, if my wife knew how much i spent on my skates ... hmmmm ... I would not be writing here right now :D.
    Only one question as you city skater for 80mm wheels ... What wheels you use and think are worth recommending?
    To be honest the wheels that came on the Seba's are still doing pretty good, Street Invaders, 84A, but locoskates.com do a range of wheels that seem hugely popular with skaters, best selling wheels called Go Project wheels, check them out on the locoskates website, solid core wheels, supposed to be really hard wearing and last for ages. They're gonna be my next choice.
    Edit: actually the Hyper Concrete +G seems to be top right now.
    From the website: "This is our most popular wheel at Locoskates and for good reason. The Hyper Concrete +G wheels are so durable that many riders have ridden them to the core without the urethane falling off. The Hyper Concrete wheels are a favourite with slalom, freestyle and powerblading skaters for their long lasting durability, grip and speed. The Hyper Concretes (as their name suggests) are recommend for outdoor use although they can be used indoors with satisfactory results."

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wsobiesiak

Johro wrote: »
    To be honest the wheels that came on the Seba's are still doing pretty good, Street Invaders, 84A, but locoskates.com do a range of wheels that seem hugely popular with skaters, best selling wheels called Go Project wheels, check them out on the locoskates website, solid core wheels, supposed to be really hard wearing and last for ages. They're gonna be my next choice.
    Edit: actually the Hyper Concrete +G seems to be top right now.
    From the website: "This is our most popular wheel at Locoskates and for good reason. The Hyper Concrete +G wheels are so durable that many riders have ridden them to the core without the urethane falling off. The Hyper Concrete wheels are a favourite with slalom, freestyle and powerblading skaters for their long lasting durability, grip and speed. The Hyper Concretes (as their name suggests) are recommend for outdoor use although they can be used indoors with satisfactory results."

they look very nice... that is probably my next choice for 80mm. I have presently undercover wheels on my Kaze 88a... and have to say i am impressed with them ... but would be good to check something else as they are pretty expensive ;-)
    Seba concrete and go project look promising... so its time to start saving money :D

Just started a channel on YouTube, 'Johro's Inline Skater Channel' (original, I know..), check it out and drop a like, maybe even subscribe. I'm new at the youtube thing, it's a learning curve.

Johro wrote: »
    Just started a channel on YouTube, 'Johro's Inline Skater Channel' (original, I know..), check it out and drop a like, maybe even subscribe. I'm new at the youtube thing, it's a learning curve.

good start ... and looks niece... akready subscribed :)
    you have very nice surfice

Hi Johro,

Saw your youtube video about sliding. To be hones good job. Trying to master that as well but a bit stuck. Subconsciously try to turn instead of stop/slide. You started getting pretty nice in sliding phase (the second slide :) ). Let me know when you have some tips/advises :)
    I tried another video from ShopTask https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhIjNeXbYzA&t=175s

• Advertisement

Hi Johro,

Saw your youtube video about sliding. To be hones good job. Trying to master that as well but a bit stuck. Subconsciously try to turn instead of stop/slide. You started getting pretty nice in sliding phase (the second slide :) ). Let me know when you have some tips/advises :)
    I tried another video from ShopTask https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhIjNeXbYzA&t=175s
    Heya, checked out the video, thanks. I think I gotta remember transferring weight onto the back wheels to start the slide, also slalom into the slide seems to help get your edges right

I like trinity on my KAZE maybe that is direction ;) ... but there is something wrong with size with KAZE. I got 45 and they are to small (my size is 45 on all other pairs of skates I have) and now they are resting under my stairs hahaha. So had to invest in another pair 46 and they are perfect. I think that can be the same with other models with the same technology :) from powerslide like TAU. But trinity is very stable and if you go for 110 it is like 90mm for standard frame with the same length.
    Megacruiser has simple stock frame and if you jump a lot ... is not for you :). For faster skating and fitness i think is good enough. Gives me a lot of pleasure :)
    hey, I've been checking out both the Seba and the Kaze, came across this review of the Kaze skate, it mentions the buckle issue that you had also
    http://www.online-skating.com/articles-4082-testing-powerslide-s-kaze-freeride-skates.html
    I'm thinking I'll probably go with the Seba FR1 310, I know the boot will fit perfectly because I already have the 2016 FR1 80 boot which is the same boot with 4x80mm wheels. I could just buy the frame and wheels separately, but that is almost the price of the 310 skate anyway.
    I like the Kaze, but I would really be buying it for the Trinity frame, the soft boot doesn't have the support a Seba skate does, you would really need to pair that frame with a harder boot like the Powerslide Tau to get the best out of it, and I don't have that kind of money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Reviving this thread again...

I just bought a pair of rollerblades, they should be arriving on Monday. I'm SO excited, I used to love skating when I was younger and was pretty good. I've been wanting to lose weight and just become fitter so I've taken the plunge and bought my first pair as an adult. I'm based in north Wicklow and there are definitely no other rollerbladers around here! Even the boyfriend is dubious of it: 'You're not 11, and you're not American' were his exact words! :P

I'm thinking of skating along Charlesland and Eden Gate for anyone who might know the Greystones area, there's a 2km long cycle lane on (for the most part) a flat surface, as well as another 2km track the opposite direction...though that one has a hill!

I'm so glad I found this thread, and that there are a good few other people out there who love to skate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Reviving this thread again...

I just bought a pair of rollerblades, they should be arriving on Monday. I'm SO excited, I used to love skating when I was younger and was pretty good. I've been wanting to lose weight and just become fitter so I've taken the plunge and bought my first pair as an adult. I'm based in north Wicklow and there are definitely no other rollerbladers around here! Even the boyfriend is dubious of it: 'You're not 11, and you're not American' were his exact words! :P

I'm thinking of skating along Charlesland and Eden Gate for anyone who might know the Greystones area, there's a 2km long cycle lane on (for the most part) a flat surface, as well as another 2km track the opposite direction...though that one has a hill!

I'm so glad I found this thread, and that there are a good few other people out there who love to skate! :)

Coincidence, I have a pair and will be moving to Greystones in the next few months so hoping to find somewhere to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Coincidence, I have a pair and will be moving to Greystones in the next few months so hoping to find somewhere to practice.

Ah that's great, I won't be the only one so! ðŸ˜

Definitely check out Charlesland and Eden Gate, particularly the Farrankelly road heading towards the N11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 necronius

Pag838614 wrote: »
    Anyone still follow this thread?
    Just bought outdoor skates and thinking of using corkagh park cycle track for fitness training/weight loss/Just good craic!
    Haven't skated in 3 years.
    Anyone interested in joining me?
    Feel less stupid with more people ����

I know I'm late to the party but I'm a beginner skater and would definitely appreciate some company with learning how to skate and Corkagh park is on my door step too.

I know that we are in the midst of Covid but once it all dies down let me know if you'd be interested in meeting up and going skating.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭unhappyBB

necronius wrote: »
    I know I'm late to the party but I'm a beginner skater and would definitely appreciate some company with learning how to skate and Corkagh park is on my door step too.

I know that we are in the midst of Covid but once it all dies down let me know if you'd be interested in meeting up and going skating.

How did ye get on in Corkagh park?
    I'm older, unfit, and planning on going skiing at the end on the year. I was told roller blading was a good way to get ready for this so I'm planning on getting a pair of skates soon and hitting the cycle track. Is the surface suitable for a beginner? (i.e. not too slippery, don't think I could handle accidentally doing the splits :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 necronius

unhappyBB wrote: »
    How did ye get on in Corkagh park?
    I'm older, unfit, and planning on going skiing at the end on the year. I was told roller blading was a good way to get ready for this so I'm planning on getting a pair of skates soon and hitting the cycle track. Is the surface suitable for a beginner? (i.e. not too slippery, don't think I could handle accidentally doing the splits :pac:)

What's the craic?

I haven't tried yet. I've to pull out the finger. The surface is definitely suitable for a beginner. The first stretch is completely flat and goes on for a good bit. Just watch out though, after the first bend there is a decline that might be a bit dangerous as a beginner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I got some skates last year and have been going around the estate for the past week or so. There are lots of kids around and I'm getting old so took a bit of effort to get off my butt and go out! Well worth it but quickly realised I don't have the stamina I had in the early 90s! Give me a shout if you have any questions or tips ;)

Advertisement