Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Congrats M4ylar on PC-Clan Distinctions of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    As you move up the gear quality levels you'll need to spend more time balancing Talents with the level and base stats on the weapons. E.g. Blue has 1 Talent, Purple has 2, Gold has 3 . I'd only hold onto a blue as I moved up levels if it had a really great talent on there, and then usually maybe just one level. As you have more talents the choice gets more complex. But you can't really go wrong until probably about level 20. Just make sure not to sell or dismantle your last favourite until you've run with the new for a while, see if it really is more effective than the last in the way you play. On the flip side when you hit Level30 and World-tier-1 you will want to rapidly replace equipment with higher gear-scores as your loot is based on your current GS. So then it's kind've a race to world-tier-5 and GS 490+ .

Vendors are hit and miss, definitely check them as you will occasionally find some gems. End-game they're not very useful beyond basic selling. As you move up World-tiers on your Gear Score race they are temporarily useful in that when you move up you can immediately jump ahead a bit by buying higher GS equipment immediately, thereby making your subsequent items higher again.

Great answer thanks for taking the time.

So I finally bought the game at €48 on th psn sale.

I’ve only played an hour and half or so but seems easier than the beta, maybe because I’m doing stuff I’ve done once before but the enemies seem easier to kill or less aggressive or something.

Looking forward to seeing whats post beta.

If im not mistaken you're on ps4. If so there are 3 of us playing together that are fairly low level. Ill keep an eye out for you if you'd like to squad up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

weiland79 wrote: »
    If im not mistaken you're on ps4. If so there are 3 of us playing together that are fairly low level. Ill keep an eye out for you if you'd like to squad up?

Sounds good man. I’m on PS4 alright.

There’ll be times I won’t be able to squad up, ie the kids in the backround but after 7pm’ish playing in a squad would be cool.

Lots to learn. It’s quite overwhelming with the amount you can do. I’m up to level 3 now.

Also I’ve died a couple of times now so the aggressive enemies are still there.

The good weather isn’t helping my playing time. Lol.

Sounds good man. I’m on PS4 alright.

There’ll be times I won’t be able to squad up, ie the kids in the backround but after 7pm’ish playing in a squad would be cool.

Lots to learn. It’s quite overwhelming with the amount you can do. I’m up to level 3 now.

Also I’ve died a couple of times now so the aggressive enemies are still there.

The good weather isn’t helping my playing time. Lol.

We are all in the same position. Generally dont get on till after 9 most nights. I think you're on my friends list, ill check later.

• Advertisement

We are all in the same position. Generally dont get on till after 9 most nights. I think you're on my friends list, ill check later.

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The PS4 boards clan is called Boards IE if ye are interested in joining. There are a few of us on most days even though we are mainly all on wt5. But if ye play regularly you could be levelled up in time for whenever the 8 person raid launches

PS4 clan has just reached level 17 which unlocks a bandana with a headset from the clan vendor. Bandana actually has the clan icon on the front of it, I know this was something Zero-Cool was hoping for

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Awesome, thanks for the heads up man! Next stop, bandana town.

Jaysus level 17 seems a loooong way off right now.

I got to level 6 today.

• Advertisement

PS4 clan has just reached level 17 which unlocks a bandana with a headset from the clan vendor. Bandana actually has the clan icon on the front of it, I know this was something Zero-Cool was hoping for

Repping the crew

478349.jpg

Just sent a request to join.

Once i got to WT 1 and find my first invaded mission a slog, I have it a break for a while. Bandana kicked be back into gear :pac: and I gave it another go with random matchmaking. Straight into a game with 3 guys at the start of the mission and we melted it. Then melted 2nd mission and then stronghold, not one death (not from me anyway). Straight to WT 2 with some great weapons. Damn the end game is really good.

Question, is the quickest way to 5 by doing the 2 missions and then stronghold? Any point doing activities of I'm getting the gear score I need in missions?

Also, I was able to revive guys who were dead, not just bleeding out. If you die, don't you just respawn anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Question, is the quickest way to 5 by doing the 2 missions and then stronghold? Any point doing activities of I'm getting the gear score I need in missions?

Also, I was able to revive guys who were dead, not just bleeding out. If you die, don't you just respawn anyway?

Yeah that is the only way doing it, the 2 missions and then the strong hold. keep putting on the highest gear score that drops as this influences the GS that drops later. Getting to WT5 is easy enough. You might want to do a few other missions or kill a few bosses to get your GS to the min level to take on the strong hold though.

Yeah you can revive if they are dead but you can respawn after about 25 secs anyway. But in the finial boss fights in the harder missions you cant respawn from dead so have to be revived for dead.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Cool, keep ploughing on so before Days Gone Friday. Had anyone gotten a hunter mask yet, mad for one, might be a good idea to try one before WT5 maybe?

Just sent a request to join.

Just added you to the clan

Request to join the clan sent.

Didn’t realise I had to unlock an npc to be allowed to send a request. Fookin stupid but done now.

My thoughts on the game so far...

Some of the story/side missions have been pretty damn tense when solo’ing.

Up to lvl 7 and lovin it so far in general. Gunplay is very satisfying sound and feel wise.

Still getting the hang of the going in and out of cover though, particularly from one bit cover to another slickly. Just practice I suppose but frustrating when I mess it up and leave myself very open.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cool, keep ploughing on so before Days Gone Friday. Had anyone gotten a hunter mask yet, mad for one, might be a good idea to try one before WT5 maybe?

Have 7 of them, some hunters just refusing to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of the commendations are amusing. Trying to complete hard missions with randoms without communication and anyone dying can be hilarious. Did the Space admin one yesterday on challenging. I think it's probably the hardest story mission outside of Roosevelt Island. Guy went down on the far side of the room after we killed the boss, spent all of my GL ammo getting to him although someone else revived him before I got there.

Still haven't cashed in any commendations. my game score is going to rocket when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gimli2112 wrote: »

Still haven't cashed in any commendations. my game score is going to rocket when I do.

They are linked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I am about 100h in. Love the game, but going to do a break until next bigger update.
    If they increasing GS again,, then no point min max builds. Gear sets are not a carrot on a stick as they are just ****. Exotics are not great and serve only one purpose - passive buff.
    When 8 man raid goes live, I will be all over D2 ass again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They are linked?

I think it's just game score. I'm hoping they give xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Okay, I am about 100h in. Love the game, but going to do a break until next bigger update.
    If they increasing GS again,, then no point min max builds. Gear sets are not a carrot on a stick as they are just ****. Exotics are not great and serve only one purpose - passive buff.
    When 8 man raid goes live, I will be all over D2 ass again!

I'm going to finish out the main story and then pick up Sekiro. Must have 40 hours in the game already so definitely got my €45 worth.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm going to finish out the main story and then pick up Sekiro. Must have 40 hours in the game already so definitely got my €45 worth.

There is plenty to do after you hit 30. The end game is pretty damn good. And don't understand me wrong, I still love the game and it's very impressive what you have in a months old looter shooter. Those games are extremely hard to make and balance. Games like Diablo 3 took years to get to the point where they are now. Poe was not built in a month too.
    I just don't want to burn out of it too. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im back playing Grim Dawn and its new expansion for my looter fix, really enjoyed Div2 but as with Div1 theres only so much shooting one can do before boredom sets in, all builds play more or less the same which doesnt help.
    I got my moneys worth and will keep checking in with new content etc but for build diversity and content Grim Dawn is hard to beat, only other that comes close is POE.
    Playing a lot of risk of rain 2 early access recently too, great game also.
    Pagan online is also calling me, it looks fantastic.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im back playing Grim Dawn and its new expansion for my looter fix, really enjoyed Div2 but as with Div1 theres only so much shooting one can do before boredom sets in, all builds play more or less the same which doesnt help.
    I got my moneys worth and will keep checking in with new content etc but for build diversity and content Grim Dawn is hard to beat, only other that comes close is POE.
    Playing a lot of risk of rain 2 early access recently too, great game also.
    Pagan online is also calling me, it looks fantastic.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I will go and give POE a go again. There is a lot to wrap around your head in that game...
    I do have base Grin Dawn and I know they made necromancer expansion before. Would love to give it a good bash, but it's on pc only. I don't have that much time for PC gaming anymore. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you own Grim Dawn you are missing out big time man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hmm, Grim Dawn. How have I never played this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dcully wrote: »
    really enjoyed Div2 but as with Div1 theres only so much shooting one can do before boredom sets in, all builds play more or less the same which doesnt help.

Yeah I can see that alright, I tried to do a skills build just picked highest skill score item in every slot to max it out but, its a bit underwhelming alright. The only satisfaction I got was the flame turret added range and duration that was pretty good and certainly helped in certain rooms keeping rushers back etc. Cool down was noting also which was good, tried that chem launcher as well but its very hard to aim right. I might still keep messing with it.

One thing I have noticed no one uses mics anymore, Div1 it was essential and if you didn't you were dropped from the squad but there is no need with Div2 as far as I can see. Remember that first incursion in Div1 where everybody was in the pit everybody had a role and it could take you an hour or two if not more to complete all for a single Gear Set item. Now don't get me wrong normally I don't like chatting to people but it shows the difficulty level seems a bit low that you don't need to coordinate your squad and for these higher difficulty levels there needs to be something special at the end to make it worth your while. The raids might be it.

On another note my main build is rocking, 113% Damage to elites, 35% increase in AR damage and an AR that has 19.8k base damage... OMG that thing just goes through elites like butter:eek: Hitting elites its putting out around 45k+ per shot and up. Very happy with it

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Traded this in the other day

Really like division 1 and initially really liked this one too but just felt little to no interest in playing it again one day

Preferred New York setting and found they went in the other direction with too much loot everywhere

Not a bad game, just got tired far quicker than the original game

Advertisement