Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Ireland news thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

15 run win against Oman today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

applied for and received Day 3 Lords tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

applied for and received Day 3 Lords tickets.

I suppose there's a fair chance that play will still be in progress by Day 3! Not guaranteed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I suppose there's a fair chance that play will still be in progress by Day 3! Not guaranteed though.

After we've skittled all 20 of their wickets on our way to an innings victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Interesting to read that Warren Deutrom did a John Delaney last year!

Although in his case, he informed Sports Ireland.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/revealed-second-ceo-gave-100k-loan-to-irish-sports-association-38035346.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Squatter wrote: »
    Interesting to read that Warren Deutrom did a John Delaney last year!

Although in his case, he informed Sports Ireland.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/revealed-second-ceo-gave-100k-loan-to-irish-sports-association-38035346.html
    but not the board... are these boards getting the run around or they asleep at the wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Anyone going to any of the upcoming ODIs? I've tickets for the Windies on Sunday. Would have preferred to go to the following weekend as that's in Malahide as opposed to Clontarf but I couldn't make that one. The IPL has robbed us of seeing any of the big players, disappointing but completely expected.

I see the England game on Friday is €50 in. There is just not the interest in cricket here to be charging that much, on a weekday. Maybe they're thinking that given people would need to take a day off work to go it, anyone who was actually planning on attending wouldn't be put off by the higher price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Anyone going to any of the upcoming ODIs? I've tickets for the Windies on Sunday. Would have preferred to go to the following weekend as that's in Malahide as opposed to Clontarf but I couldn't make that one. The IPL has robbed us of seeing any of the big players, disappointing but completely expected.

I see the England game on Friday is €50 in. There is just not the interest in cricket here to be charging that much, on a weekday. Maybe they're thinking that given people would need to take a day off work to go it, anyone who was actually planning on attending wouldn't be put off by the higher price.

I'm going on Friday. I agree the price is excessive - and apparently sales are not great either. It's GA seating too, which tells you a fair bit about the expected crowd size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I’ll be going Sunday with the brother and sister.

I think 50€ is scandalous for Friday to be honest. Also assuming that it will be an England c/d team considering the lads who will be rested/at the IPL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Gonna give this one a miss. €50 and A bit of weather around too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Unfortunately won't be able to make the game on Friday due to work, but will be there in Clontarf on Sunday. How do people see the England game going?

Likely team?

Porterfield
    Stirling
    Balbirnie
    McCollum
    KOB
    Wilson
    Dockrell
    Thompson/McBrine
    McCarthy
    Murtagh
    Rankin

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Toss delayed due to soggy outfield

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And of course I've had to buy a hat due to the fact the sun is shining....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Next inspection 11.45

Now where's the sunblock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What's the crowd like?

Well at least I can look back fondly on my last visit here. The day on which Ireland were due to commence their first ever Test match and the free umbrella handed out by PaddyPower....

What's the crowd like?
    Stands are sparse at present but a lot are lingering around the various concessions. Others may be keeping their eyes on the updates. Probably as many England fans as Irish ones mingling around at present but that might change once we get a start time

Just checking Accuweather. 53% chance of rain between 12 and 1 (but drops to 52% between 1 and 2!)

12.45 start time....

....allegedly

And now they are putting nets up

England guys have come out to have a kickabout. Maybe they are goal nets

• Advertisement

45 overs. Toss at 12.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Beasty wrote: »
    And of course I've had to buy a hat due to the fact the sun is shining....

I suppose what's needed is a bit of wind? Yesterday afternoon was right breezy but seemed to die off overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

England win the toss and will bowl.

1 William Porterfield (capt),
    2 Paul Stirling,
    3 Andy Balbirnie,
    4 Kevin O'Brien,
    5 Lorcan Tucker,
    6 Gary Wilson (wk),
    7 Mark Adair,
    8 George Dockrell,
    9 Tim Murtagh,
    10 Boyd Rankin,
    11 Josh Little

14/0 3ov

decent enough start, a 4 each for Porterfield and Sterling.

46/0 after 9

Porterfield having a nosebleed

55/1 11.4

Sterlo out

Porterfield out

Order restored.

Jesus christ