Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought I drop in here to say hello. Long time boardsie but never posted on this forum.

A couple of personal tragedies in the last year have made me want to get some sort of memorial tattoo. I lost my father six years ago, my mother just under twelve months ago and my sister two months ago. My mother and sister both to cancer.

I’m still deciding on what I want, whether I want one tattoo representing the three of them or individual tattoos, and obviously the content, be it symbolic or literal etc. I’m taking my time decid8ng what to get done.

Anyway last Sunday I decided I would get a “tester” tattoo to see how I felt about the whole process of getting tattooed, so at the age of fifty(going on fifty one) I got my first tattoo on my forearm. It’s the sign of the horns(yes I’m an old rocker) and yeah I love it. Very stress free experience for me.

I think now I will get three individual tattoos for my deceased family members. I think it will make it easier for me to come up with a design for each and now that I have been tattooed(albeit only three days ago) I feel much more comfortable with the idea of having numerous tattoos on my body rather than one to represent all three.

Even though I am fifty I still think I’m in my twenties in my head and I have a feeling that I may end up with more than the three next ones I have planned. Better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bikeboo

adox wrote: »
    Thought I drop in here to say hello. Long time boardsie but never posted on this forum.

A couple of personal tragedies in the last year have made me want to get some sort of memorial tattoo. I lost my father six years ago, my mother just under twelve months ago and my sister two months ago. My mother and sister both to cancer.

I’m still deciding on what I want, whether I want one tattoo representing the three of them or individual tattoos, and obviously the content, be it symbolic or literal etc. I’m taking my time decid8ng what to get done.

Anyway last Sunday I decided I would get a “tester” tattoo to see how I felt about the whole process of getting tattooed, so at the age of fifty(going on fifty one) I got my first tattoo on my forearm. It’s the sign of the horns(yes I’m an old rocker) and yeah I love it. Very stress free experience for me.

I think now I will get three individual tattoos for my deceased family members. I think it will make it easier for me to come up with a design for each and now that I have been tattooed(albeit only three days ago) I feel much more comfortable with the idea of having numerous tattoos on my body rather than one to represent all three.

Even though I am fifty I still think I’m in my twenties in my head and I have a feeling that I may end up with more than the three next ones I have planned. Better late than never.

Sorry for your loss, that’s very tough.
    Take time to choose something you really like, then sleep on it for a couple of nights. Choose an artist who will dry it up to n advance and tell you exactly where the best placement etc it is.

Good luck with it. I got a tattoo once, then another and another, now it’s easier to say I have to say I have three. One covers my right arm, the other my left arm and my entire back lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »

So have already put the wheels in motion for my second tattoo, which will be a symbolic memorial tattoo for my sister. Have already spoke to the artist who did my first, sent him a couple of images for the primary part of the tattoo, a Buddha head and have given him free reign to add whatever background he wants to it. Should have some ideas back from him in the next few days. Will be going on my upper arm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That didn't take long! :D Hope they all turn out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Quick wee question, didn't want to go starting a new thread for it so I hope it's OK to post here!

I've my ears pierced and I want to get a couple more lobe piercings (on one side), do you reckon it's better to get those done on separate days or okay to do all together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Depends on how many. A good piercer and aftercare & you could do two or three in the same area without a bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darkshades

Hey all, newbie to boards, long time interest in body mods.

Chat soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Black Pearl

Hey everyone,

I just started talking on posts without introducing myself, how rude. I am Black Pearl (lol), 32 lady who is a passionate tattoo collector! I have had multiple pieces by the same artist. Once you have found an artist that exceeds your expectations it is easy to return. Simply because you know you will not be disappointed. I also have chosen to return for more tattoo work (from an artist) because I respect the professionalism and care given to completing my artwork. I have become good friends with many of the artists I’ve worked with and I value the experience. Finding an artist whom is prepared, hardworking, and talented is harder then you may think.

I choose an artist based on several preferences. The primary preferences are style and quality. I tend to gravitate towards artwork that would be categorised as Realistic. My other interests include; Dark Surrealism, Baroque-era architecture, ancient mysticism, visionary imagery.
    Travelling creates a sense of adventure and uniqueness so I intend to expand from Ireland and collect from different artists globally.

I am currently at a crossroads. As more of my canvas (skin) has become inked, I am becoming more patient and observant of tattooer talent. As an art collector, I am always open to discovering a new artist that will compliment and contribute to my overall vision. I also appreciate and recognise that the artists I have previously collaborated with are some of the best in the world. So, choosing artists in the future has become a process. I am learning to not rush anything and let things happen synchronistically. I intend to collect tattoos for the next 10-15 years.

I guess I am joining this forum to meet people who have an interest in tattoos, to expand on my knowledge and maybe to offer some advice based on my own experiences and heavy involvement in the tattoo world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Daisybelly

Hi all. A tattoo newb and as name suggests I probably dont need to say what and where :D
    Interested in seeing more ideas and inspiration.
    Daisybelly

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

Hey. Just wondering how I'd go about posting a picture in the show your tattoo thread?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Have to have 20 posts or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mongoose_Bike

Hi ya'll! Looking forward to love this threads here. :)
    "Not every tattooed human is a bad guy, sometimes, the cleanest skin has the darkest face hidden."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hey all!

So I just finished my half sleeve on my right leg last Saturday and I’m truly hooked now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GameZoe

hey all,

I got my first tattoo on my hand and I messed up from the first hours :), I wrapped up my arm with foil and washing my hands and some water got under the foil but I didn't realized till it star felling like a burning and was to late, some line got messed up :)

Advertisement