Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Ingoldsby

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

simu wrote: »
    I remember him on TV - the programme was called "Pat's Pals" iirc.

I must cheack out his poetry soon. Great thread this!
    I could have sworn it was Pat's Pals also..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pat's Hat
    Pat's Chat
    Pat's Pals

all programmes with the bould Mr. Ingoldsby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lads, if you ever see one of his books 'The Peculiar Sensation of Being Irish' in a bookshop, then dont hesitate to buy it. I remember him being on 2fm with Dave Fanning one Sunday nite in the early 90s promoting it. I kept it in my head to buy it for ages and eventually did a few years ago. Its a brilliant book, well worth the read.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

bug wrote: »
    I came runner up in a drawing competition for the Credit Union when I was around 7, Anway's he was presenting the awards in my school and he gave me a kiss, I started roaring crying (dunno why think i got a fright), he was really embarrased.

Jaysus I actually won a competiton when I was around 7 too and he presented me with a certificate, Superquinn sponsored it. I drew a picture of Dennis The Menace;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

grenache wrote: »
    Lads, if you ever see one of his books 'The Peculiar Sensation of Being Irish' in a bookshop, then dont hesitate to buy it. I remember him being on 2fm with Dave Fanning one Sunday nite in the early 90s promoting it. I kept it in my head to buy it for ages and eventually did a few years ago. Its a brilliant book, well worth the read.

Are you able to get them in book shops? I thought he only sold them himself. I've bought a couple but from him himself. But, yeah, I agree with you: His books are brilliant.

Irish tele's gone so feckin' bland these days. Get that Pat back on the tele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Shine on, Pat. And Fab Vinny......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I saw him on Pat's chat years ago and he said "I can't say shamrock".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Free Piano with every book*

*While stocks last.

Pats a legend in a just world he'd get the respect he deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rollingrock

Gaffo wrote: »
    Can't remember the name of his television show on rte. It had his name in it I think and I think was on before bosco was. I used to love him. Saw him on the galway train one summer and was so afraid to go up and say hello. I was 6, alright!!
    Often see him now selling his books of poetry on westmoreland st. Still a lovely man.

The TV show was called Pat's Chat. Pat had polio and ear trouble yet seldom complained

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Pats Hat was on a few years before Pats Chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The TV show was called Pat's Chat. Pat had polio and ear trouble yet seldom complained

How did you even get to this page to resurrect an 8 year old thread

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

His other show, Pat's Pals, was also very good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Was reading this thread earlier while sitting in the car. Then driving down the road, I almost ran over a man who walked out on to the road - none other than the man himself - spooky!!!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Remember his book Zany Tales?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

branie2 wrote: »
    Remember his book Zany Tales?
    I have Zany Tales on my bookshelf beside a signed book of his poems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I do :) I’m sure it’s still at home.

Advertisement