Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msap Ireland results

• 15-04-2019 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I got my Msap results today and I don't know whether to be happy with them or not. I got 93 for modules 1&2 and 98 for modules 1&3. Although the percentile rankings on my scorecard are low, it's still above the universities minimum score requirements so that has to stand for something. This was a ridiculously hard test, especially the maths module.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LauraMcPaula

Jp1506 wrote: »
    I got my Msap results today and I don't know whether to be happy with them or not. I got 93 for modules 1&2 and 98 for modules 1&3. Although the percentile rankings on my scorecard are low, it's still above the universities minimum score requirements so that has to stand for something. This was a ridiculously hard test, especially the maths module.

Hi, I have also received mine. My initial thought was huge disappointment but who knows. My overall 1 + 2 was 106. Low percentile too. I choked in the essay part but I was 85 percentile for Part 2. Pure luck, I'd say. Maybe I should do the euromillions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 am27

Jp1506 wrote: »

I got my results this morning also for 1 + 3 but I'm not sure if they go on the overall score or the percentile rank. From what I've been reading from previous years your score is great! I definitely agree on module 3 being very hard. Can I ask how you know the universities minimum score requirements? I haven't been able find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Jp1506

am27 wrote: »
    I got my results this morning also for 1 + 3 but I'm not sure if they go on the overall score or the percentile rank. From what I've been reading from previous years your score is great! I definitely agree on module 3 being very hard. Can I ask how you know the universities minimum score requirements? I haven't been able find it anywhere.

I'm applying for several courses in UCD and if you look up mature students, then course specific information and you'll get your info there (that's if your applying for UCD, don't know about any other colleges) two of the courses required a minimum score of 70 in module 3 (mathematics) so I've passed that but I'm still in a below average percentile.

Seems to be very quiet here this year for the MSAP in comparison to previous years threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ellawr

Has anybody received an invitation for interview in UCD? I thought with my MSAP results I'd get an interview but still haven't heard anything, but got an invitation for one in DCU a couple of weeks ago.

Has anybody received a date for their UCD interview? I feel like it's too late in the day to get one at this stage and I probably won't be invited :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Jp1506

Ellawr wrote: »
    Has anybody received an invitation for interview in UCD? I thought with my MSAP results I'd get an interview but still haven't heard anything, but got an invitation for one in DCU a couple of weeks ago.

Has anybody received a date for their UCD interview? I feel like it's too late in the day to get one at this stage and I probably won't be invited :(

No I haven't received an invitation for an interview yet. I received an interview from trinity yesterday though so I dont think it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

In the same boat. Definitely would expect an interview if the MSAP results are the main issue. Might just not have contacted people yet...

Did anyone have any luck yet on getting an interview date?

am27 wrote: »
    Did anyone have any luck yet on getting an interview date?

Have an interview with DCU tomorrow but then again they don't use MSAP results. Nothing from UCD yet and did very well on the exam so I'm guessing either they aren't interviewing yet as they rely more on the msap results?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Have an interview with DCU tomorrow but then again they don't use MSAP results. Nothing from UCD yet and did very well on the exam so I'm guessing either they aren't interviewing yet as they rely more on the msap results?

Best of luck for tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ellawr

ShooterSF wrote: »

I had an interview for DCU a couple days ago too! Is it for the social science course by any chance? Good luck either way!

About UCD interviews, I spent a good while searching the forums and apparently UCD doesn't even do interviews for some courses. I found threads where people were speculating when they'd be called for interview and then some of them posted that they'd just received acceptance offers in the post!

I think that was a thread from some years ago but the first person to post about a course offer was May 1st. Would be a nice surprise if that's the case for our cases, but other threads mentioned UCD conduct interviews as late as June. Not a lot of info about UCD interviews.

I had an interview for DCU a couple days ago too! Is it for the social science course by any chance? Good luck either way!

About UCD interviews, I spent a good while searching the forums and apparently UCD doesn't even do interviews for some courses. I found threads where people were speculating when they'd be called for interview and then some of them posted that they'd just received acceptance offers in the post!

I think that was a thread from some years ago but the first person to post about a course offer was May 1st. Would be a nice surprise if that's the case for our cases, but other threads mentioned UCD conduct interviews as late as June. Not a lot of info about UCD interviews.

Computer science myself. Thanks. Hope ya get what you're after too!

Yeah I guess cause they get MSAP results maybe they don't interview as well? Isn't there still change of mind stuff with the regular CAO as well? Dunno if that influences places or anything...

How is everyone getting on?

Advertisement