Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

steinhart ocean 1 vintage chrono

Options
  • 10-04-2019 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Has anyone direct knowledge of this watch?
    I like the look of it and steinhart seem pretty well put together.
    But I'm not sold on the homage aspect.

I would appreciate info on built quality, comfort to wear etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Steinhart have a good reputation as far as value and quality at that price point. A few on here have one. I dunno if anyone has the chronograph though I seem to recall with that particular model complaints about the bulk of the case. It's a very large watch that's for sure. I'd reckon if I was in the market for one, like you I'd like to hear direct experiences and even better seeing one in the flesh.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

The one I'm looking at is 42mm so not huge but thickness maybe an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Has anyone direct knowledge of this watch?
    I like the look of it and steinhart seem pretty well put together.
    But I'm not sold on the homage aspect.

I would appreciate info on built quality, comfort to wear etc.
    Thanks

I currently have two Steinharts and sold one. There very well put together for the price point. The build quality is excellent and they're very comfortable to wear.

They come with spare full and half links and the clasp can be adjusted to fit perfectly. The bracelet doesn't pinch hairs.

If you're interested in a very well built watch with a Swiss movement Steinhart is the way to go.

If the homage part is putting you off then maybe you should look elsewhere. I will point out the money you get back if you want to move on is very good. Especially if you purchase one second hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

I've worn one in rotation for 2 years and it's been faultless. It wears like your average 42mm watch but it is extremely tall.

It's also very heavy but having said that it is quite comfortable to wear.

The bracelet is great quality and has lots of adjustment (half links and 4 micro adjustments on the clasp) so you should be able to get the perfect fit.

There's loads of Daytona homage watches out there at the moment from €100 Invicta's to €4k+ Gevril Tribecas but there's nothing that has anywhere near the same spec for the price of the O1VC.

If you're not dead set on buying one brand new I may be persuaded to part with mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Thanks guys.
    I'm familiar with steinhart brand a little. I did buy a nice one for a friend and had the opportunity to try it out.
    I was specifically looking at that model.
    I will pm you.
    I do understand that alot of brands have this homage style that's the reason I think I can get on with this one.
    Again Thanks for the input

• Advertisement
Advertisement