Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making maps with Python / folium etc.

• 11-11-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I've been trying to put together a map with overlaid data - e.g. map of a city with crime/income/poverty stats.

I've spent a good proportion of yesterday trying to get a map loaded with folium (e.g. https://pythonhow.com/web-mapping-with-python-and-folium/)

Every single tutorial online is useless now; usually it doesn't display a map with the overlaid data, or kicks up an error. I think they're all out of date as some changes have been made to the folium package.

Does anyone here know of a good solid tutorial that I can do to display crime/poverty statistics on a map using python and some package (perhaps not folium)?

Ideally I'd like the user to be able to tag the map, or add notes/comments

(Btw, I'm using Jupyter Notebooks and Python). Thanks

Comments

Advertisement