Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When is Halloween

Options
  • 29-10-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I cannot get a straight answer to this. Are the horrors calling tonight or Wednesday please?
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Bank Holiday does not (necessarily) equal Hallowe'en

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

enfield wrote: »

I am. Although technically so is your link I suppose. Halloween isn't a holiday. Just happens to fall close to (or on depending on the year) one.

D'yknow maybe this is one time I ask the young 'uns for their advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

Halloween is the 31st October

What’s your confusion?

When are these kids calling to the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oi, who are you calling old???

If any young'uns turn up begging tonight, tell them to feck off and come back on the correct night, are they not taught their traditions proper in school any more?

Lol, thanks HeidiHeidi. I'll tell them you said it so it must me so.
    Kind regards,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's a load of baloney. The October Bank Holiday has nothing to do with Halloween. And it's certainly not "known as the Halloween holiday".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I barricade myself in the house, and I don't buy in treats for the kids, and I don't answer the door, all mainly due to the fact we had a bad experience of Halloween many years ago and since then I stepped away from it and gave it all up. Our children were quite young at the time and we just had an alternative family night with goodies, fizzy drinks and games and we rented a video. Yeh, remember videos?!!

Advertisement