Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have listen & let me know your thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 musicvine

It's catchy, really nice. I'm not a professional musician out there in the music scene-gigs, but following into the chorus it's as if the music wants to bring you somewhere a little different in at 1:52, but that's just my thought and may not seem right with what you hear; and you're the creator of the music work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Not bad at all! :)

Believe it or not, as I was listening I was going to suggest that you do a vocal harmony on to fill it out and lo and behold you'd done it before song end!!

Have you been writing long?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Johnatorium

Nice work....a nice bass line with a bit of a grove in it, a bit of a progressive drum track, and a few keys when it builds and you've got yourself a hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Len_007

Thanks very much for your listens, and for your comments, I really appreciate that!
    Yes at 1:52 the only difference really is that there's now a harmony on what is the third verse. Another option is at this point to go to a middle 8, but I find those things tend to stretch the total play length of a song, and in this one I just wanted to keep it simple. Hence there really only being two parts to the song, and the Words Per Min (WPM?!) is actually quite low, lending it self to long vowel sounds.
    I actually really like harmony's in songs, now these were all one take tracks and there's a few flats in there. But stuff like the Civil Wars, or even Beatle harmony's, I think are class.
    I've been writing songs for 13 years now I think, I've released an EP previously with my band, and I'm putting the finishing touches on the follow up, but its taken ages, and as I said I've been pretty frustrated, and this song has come out of that.
    If you'd like to hear the EP stuff, PM me and I've no problem mailing you some MP3's. Or you can support us by iTunes-ing it :D
    But I'd rather people hear the stuff so the files are free for you if you want em.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 musicvine

Thanks for reply re 1:52. Totally agree re harmony. The very best with the finishing touches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Nice song there fella, a big hint of the Finn Brothers (Neil & Tim) about the harmonies.
    If you don't mind I'd like to offer a bit of "advice' from a fellow songwriter.
    If it were me I'd bring the harmonies in much earlier, it's what makes the track stand out.
    I also think your drum beat detracts from the flow of the song and seem out of sync with it's 'feel' i.e too trippy for the song.
    One final criticism, and I say this as a 'not so great singer' the chorus seems a little out of your range?.

I hope that doesn't sound too critical, it's not meant to be!

Keep making music, I'm just returning after a 6 year Hiatus!!!

Cheers
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Ha, just realised that the original post was 2013!

Advertisement