Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent issues with FTDNA uploads to GEDMatch/Genesis

• 10-04-2019 12:01am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble with recent batch results from FTDNA being rejected by Gedmatch Genesis?

Have uploaded the raw data from many FTDNA tests over the past couple of years, but now anything from batch 940 onwards seems to have a problem being accepted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Replying to myself, I know, but for information, it appears this is an issue with a new chip FTDNA are using. The results generated put in extra information which confuses the GEDMatch hamsters. They are working on it apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I may as well keep the conversation going...:)

There is now a tool available through the FTDNA user's group on Facebook which allows people to convert the raw info downloaded from FTDNA into a format that Genesis can cope with.

Obviously behind the scenes they are working on fixing things so this step will not be necessary.

Advertisement