Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I like cake!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lovely thanks, I'll post back with the results! Also I assume I'd have to use a denser cake than a normal sponge, something like a maderia would work yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭phormium

My ikea theme buns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Lovely thanks, I'll post back with the results! Also I assume I'd have to use a denser cake than a normal sponge, something like a maderia would work yeah?

Yep, madeira type cake, or chocolate biscuit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Chocolate Mud Cake

7036107933_931e63a839_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Chocolate Mud Cake

7036107933_931e63a839_m.jpg

Fixed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

star-pants wrote: »
    Fixed :)

Yay!!! Part of the code I used was missing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I did another Mickey Mouse cake - this was my second time - this time I used a cake covered in vanilla buttercream to make it pop - think it came out well. My next one is going to be Elmo I think :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

6df34d07.jpg

Tried Swiss Meringue Frosting. It was pretty nice but wouldn't be favourite topping.

Twee. wrote: »
    Tried Swiss Meringue Frosting. It was pretty nice but wouldn't be favourite topping.

But it tastes SO much better than regular butter icing! I love it.

I'm a cream cheese kinda gal :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh. Ew. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh. Yum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I never realised there was a Cake and Pie board:eek: Going to go back through the thread and look at all the yummy pictures, the ones on the last 2 pages made me feel like eating the laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

First time posting here :)
    Made some cupcakes yesterday chocolate sponge
    and 2 tone buttercream topping

7256441130_77c69f9ff3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Stray_Cat wrote: »
    First time posting here :)
    Made some cupcakes yesterday chocolate sponge
    and 2 tone buttercream topping

7256441130_77c69f9ff3.jpg

Sooooo pretty and yummy looking!!!:D Is it hard to do the two tone icing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Love the two tone! It reminds me of a posh 99.

The two tone icing was easy I just put 1 colour on 1 side of the icing bag and the the other colour on the other side.

Made these today rainbow cupcakes with blue-lemon flavour buttercream and pink-candy floss flavour buttercream.
    7395667256_6a14590aab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

They look so pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

How did you make the buttercream taste like candy floss?

• Advertisement

How did you make the buttercream taste like candy floss?

I picked up the flavour in Decobake along the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Gave red velvet cupcakes a try today, was my first time doing them and they came out pretty well in the end, I was happy with them :)

197772_3243603898794_505590245_n.jpg

Another christening cake I made last week, I didn't do the figures on top they were provided to me, I did the rest of it though.

545794_3213835994615_1923769219_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Made some cake pops this evening :)

008-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I love this thread so much and am always looking at the pictures! Thought it was time that I contributed :P
    I made a vanilla and chocolate marble cake with a chocolate buttercream. It was really tasty but next time I will do some more swirling! I was scared that it would all mix together and not be defined but it was grand and I just would have preferred a bit more of an impact on the inside. Other than this it was really tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crystal sprinkle

Fanastic day for Galway Simon Women's mini marathon, well done to all who took part, it was a blast!

To answer question below re: race times, Galway Simon Facebook page seem to have a link to it to the site for the times.

525906_276713305766630_489515348_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I made a rainbow cake today for my brother's graduation. It was delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

green flag cake for school, was to scared to use fondent :o so used swiss buttercream, thanks for all your help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I love cake
    So glad this thread is still going after all these years. When I made it, Cake & Pie was a stand alone ignored forum, there hadn't been a post in 6-12 months.

No pics to prove, but I made Anzacs last night. They're an Australian oaty biscuit, a little bit chewy. Great with ice cream! They were all devoured by this morning.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15770/chewy+anzac+biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Loving all the pics of the cakes and cupcakes. Just wondering what nozzle is the best for piping on cupcakes. Love the effect like the picture posted by Stray-Cat few days ago.

Advertisement