Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Dingle

• 19-04-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭

Which is best way to get from Cork to Dingle by car is it better to go via Killarney & Tralee?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

Over the county bounds and into killarney on to Tralee and out the dingle road you will be there in no time !
    it is cork city you are leaving from,
    had you another option in mind......
    through millstreet will still need to travel to killarney.
    there is a by pass in tralee to take you through quickly.
    no harm in buying a map and having it in the car at all times or using AA route planner and print off the page it makes up .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

From Killarney go to Milltown and on by Inch and then you skirt Annascual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks for replies I've then got to come back to Wexford so is it best to go to Killarney and then via Mallow and ?????????? or Cork. Cork seems longer but a better road.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

pavb2 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies I've then got to come back to Wexford so is it best to go to Killarney and then via Mallow and ?????????? or Cork. Cork seems longer but a better road.

It's each to their own. I prefer going through Cork as it is a much better road (just except the mile going through Ballyvourney).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

I did Tralee to Wexford last Friday, great drive. I went Killarney, Macroom, Cork Ring Rd onto Waterford etc. Some beautiful places along the way. Only hit traffic in New Ross and was stuck there for ages. The new section of the N25 at Waterford is a spectacular road. Took about 5 hours including the hold up at New Ross.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Killarney-Mallow-Mitchelstown is a poor enough road, esp if you are unfamilar with it . What part of Wexford are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭pavb2

Going about 10 miles East of New Ross on N25

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

From Killarney go to Milltown and on by Inch and then you skirt Annascual.

Miss Annascual and at leaset see the south pole pub, and the whole story of TOM CERAN,now that is a pity to miss out on . these are the little bits on the way to dingle that make the trip . the road trip should be part of the experience and is scattered with litttle surprizes. any one going to dingle should go up the connor pass to just to see the view of the town of dingle as you drive down the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

My preference would be Cork -> Killarney -> Milltown/Castlemaine -> Inch and onwards to Dingle from there.

Come back the same way and go the Cork road N22 and then the N25

If you're heading for New Ross side then maybe Cork, Dungarvan, Waterford, New Ross. If it were me I'd go Killarney,Mallow , Mitchelstown, Clonmel, Waterford , but the roads are, as I said ,not great in parts,

• Advertisement
Advertisement