Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kraiox

Patww79 wrote: »
    Apparently the headphones are in the box with all models.

Vodafone are doing it here (so far anyway). One bought from Google will be unlocked to any network.

Haven't been getting notifications for the thread. But what I meant was could you buy them separately? I don't wanna spend €150 on Pixel Buds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Kraiox wrote: »
    Haven't been getting notifications for the thread. But what I meant was could you buy them separately? I don't wanna spend €150 on Pixel Buds.

Yeah they're on the Google Store for €35.

https://store.google.com/product/usb_c_earbuds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://store.google.com/product/usb_c_earbuds

Will any of the funky features work on say a Galaxy S8?

Will any of the funky features work on say a Galaxy S8?

That's the thing with having no set standard for USB-C audio, there's no way of knowing until someone tries. I remember my USB-C U11 headphones wouldn't work in anything else.

One more question, since you've been extremely helpful. What price is Vodafone selling the phone for? Can't seem to find anything on their website.

• Advertisement

One more question, since you've been extremely helpful. What price is Vodafone selling the phone for? Can't seem to find anything on their website.

Nevermind it's been updated.

Nevermind it's been updated.

I was going to say they hadn't it up yet but they must have done it this evening. That's a fair bit cheaper on PAYG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

If you buy from CPW can you deal direct with Google for warranty purposes? Will CPW ship to an Irish address or would you need to use parcel motel or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Vodafone price is tempting.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Vodafone price is tempting.

I've only found it on RED Connect or something which is overpriced for what I actually use my phone for. What's the PAYG price?

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    If you buy from CPW can you deal direct with Google for warranty purposes? Will CPW ship to an Irish address or would you need to use parcel motel or similar?

I bought my 1st gen Pixel from Fonez (never go there unless you was get scammed) and I dealt with Google for warranty. Their customer service is outstanding.

I've only found it on RED Connect or something which is overpriced for what I actually use my phone for. What's the PAYG price?

The 64GB XL is €889 as opposed to €999 from Google. €779 for the regular 3 in 64GB vs €899.

I'm tempted too but I'm not sure what messing they'll do with software. Plus, if there's anything wrong, Vodafone are an absolute sh*t show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I bought my 1st gen Pixel from Fonez (never go there unless you was get scammed) and I dealt with Google for warranty. Their customer service is outstanding.

Thanks, yeah dealt with them when I had my Nexus 5...was a great service

The 64GB XL is €889 as opposed to €999 from Google. €779 for the regular 3 in 64GB vs €899.

What about the standard size Pixel 3? Don't really want an airplane runway... I mean a notch.

What about the standard size Pixel 3? Don't really want an airplane runway... I mean a notch.

€779 for the 64GB.

€779 for the 64GB.

I'll try to snag one for bday or maybe Christmas! Sound!

I know I'm going to regret it and be here complaining but I cancelled my Google order and did a Vodafone one (and then ordered the charging stand from Google).

If by chance this is the first time ever Vodafone aren't complete clowns then it's a nice saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Are those phones that vodafone selling locked to their network? Very surprised to see them undercutting google's prices if they're an authorised seller.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Are those phones that vodafone selling locked to their network? Very surprised to see them undercutting google's prices if they're an authorised seller.

They'll be locked I'd say yeah. Though for what they lack in customer service they make up for with network. I'd never have any intention of switching from them even if I left the job.

Not necessarily. My recent Note 9 came unlocked.

• Advertisement

I wonder if that's why they're cheaper? The reduction pretty much matches up.

qwwt38.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. My recent Note 9 came unlocked.

I don't think Vodafone are allowed lock them on Google, open to correction but last phone I got from Vodafone was unlocked and I would assume this is the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I wonder if that's why they're cheaper? The reduction pretty much matches up.

I'd suspect that's exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Herrohatton

Anyone know if you can buy the Pixel bill pay up north and just use it down south? I cannot justify getting it on Bill pay with Vodafone down here, their deals are awful. Plus, I also cant see myself paying €900 for it unlocked -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Anyone know if you can buy the Pixel bill pay up north and just use it down south? I cannot justify getting it on Bill pay with Vodafone down here, their deals are awful. Plus, I also cant see myself paying €900 for it unlocked -_-

You would need to have a bit of a credit history established in order to get bill pay. A friend of mine ran into issues when he first moved and it took him a few months to get enough credit to be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Herrohatton

j_mo wrote: »
    You would need to have a bit of a credit history established in order to get bill pay. A friend of mine ran into issues when he first moved and it took him a few months to get enough credit to be able to get it.

Thanks, but I'm not moving up north. Just wondering if I could buy it up there on Bill pay and continue to live/ use it down south. Like would they allow that, plus does it count as roaming if you use a northern phone in the south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

plus does it count as roaming if you use a northern phone in the south?

Of course, and after Brexit, free roaming intra EU will no longer apply

Thanks, but I'm not moving up north. Just wondering if I could buy it up there on Bill pay and continue to live/ use it down south. Like would they allow that, plus does it count as roaming if you use a northern phone in the south?

Your overthinking it. The time and diesel you'll spend going up and down will wipe out any imagined savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Price of Pixel 3 now on vodafone is tempting with current discount of €120! It is 879 as oppose to 999 for the 128 GB model. I'm unsure if they will ship the phone unlock as I don't have any plan on switching from 3. My last handset I got was from 3 prepay, S9 plus is locked to their network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

notcarlos wrote: »
    Price of Pixel 3 now on vodafone is tempting with current discount of €120! It is 879 as oppose to 999 for the 128 GB model. I'm unsure if they will ship the phone unlock as I don't have any plan on switching from 3. My last handset I got was from 3 prepay, S9 plus is locked to their network.

Is €879 PAYG option? How much is it if you decide to go with bill pay on Vodafone?

Thanks,
    M

Advertisement