Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In a mess

• 13-12-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Picked up a Nokia 7 plus which is android and trying to get contact,pics and videos transfered over to it from my old phone a Nokia lumia 925 which of course is windows : )
    Trying to get my bearings with this new phone and somehow came across this sych option which is a good amount of stuff,so went into that and cant find it on the phone again,it did say it could take hours or days to complete so thats not an option : (
    Anyone have a simplified solution to this as totally useless when it comes to this tech stuff,cheers..

p.s want to transfer my music too ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

GBX wrote: »

Tried to go through that link for a fix and some stuff i just dont understand,ended up with 3,4 or 5 duplicates of some of the photos on the computer and nothing downloaded to the phone : (

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have a look at YouTube.

Personally I've ALL my contacts and photos on my Google account. So all photos I take are automatically moved up to Google photos, huge advantage is I can access them anywhere and if I lose my phone once I sign into a replacement with my Gmail account I immediately get my contacts and photos again.

Stick with it. It might take some time but once it clicks you'll love it. YouTube it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Taltos wrote: »
    Have a look at YouTube.

Personally I've ALL my contacts and photos on my Google account. So all photos I take are automatically moved up to Google photos, huge advantage is I can access them anywhere and if I lose my phone once I sign into a replacement with my Gmail account I immediately get my contacts and photos again.

Stick with it. It might take some time but once it clicks you'll love it. YouTube it though...

Thanks Taltos ,thing is that there is no sim in the nokia lumia so contacts need to be transfered somehow by usb to the computer and then to the new phone,getting contacts and photos would be a good start but i would have to find a way first how to in simple laymans terms get rid of all the duplicate photos first.Will try then somehow to get my music and videos downloaded to the nokia 7 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Contact guideline transfer here once on a PC use the instructions to get them into the google account you intend to use
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-7-plus/faq/tips-tricks/how-to-transfer-the-contacts-using-the-google-account/

Same with photos - import them and your videos onto a PC.
    Clean up your duplicates.
    Then sign in to Google Photos with the same account as above on the PC - choose import - check settings I think highest fidelity (the free one) and when you sign into your phone eventually you’ll have all your contacts and photos (once you also install Google Photos) on the phone

I know it seems a lot but take your time, step by step before you know it you’ll have all your data and because it’s all on google you’re good.
    Just on your phone ensure that you update the contact settings there just to use your gmail account and whenever you create a new contact choose Google instead of any other option ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement