Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Servis dishwasher E4 code HELP

Options
  • 19-11-2019 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

As above, my integrated dishwasher is displaying an E4 code which online seems to be as follows:
    'Check filter. Check for blockages in wash and drain pump'

I've scooped and syringed out any excess water but where should I be looking for blockages? On my own so not sure I can take the dishwasher out. Do I need a plumber do you think?

(should add that dishwasher is fairly old so if it's an indication of it coming to it's end, it might be easier/cheaper to buy a new one).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I would think your dw has had a leak, it will need to be removed from the unit regardless of what is wrong, if you only had a small amount of water to remove try tilting the dw when empty forwards to the floor as much as possible and stand upright again, if it runs for 10 or more minutes it should be ok to refit, if the problem reoccurs you have a leak which is setting off the aqua stop to prevent flooding. have a towel to mop up spillage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I would think your dw has had a leak, it will need to be removed from the unit regardless of what is wrong, if you only had a small amount of water to remove try tilting the dw when empty forwards to the floor as much as possible and stand upright again, if it runs for 10 or more minutes it should be ok to refit, if the problem reoccurs you have a leak which is setting off the aqua stop to prevent flooding. have a towel to mop up spillage

Thanks for the advice. I removed it and drained it until it stopped leaking (a few mins) and it was back up and running. Only lasted about 3 mins and it started beeping with error e4 again. where would the leak be? Do I need to call in the plumber at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I removed it and drained it until it stopped leaking (a few mins) and it was back up and running. Only lasted about 3 mins and it started beeping with error e4 again. where would the leak be? Do I need to call in the plumber at this stage?

I Don't think a plumber will be able to sort it , you need a domestic appliance engineer who is familiar with dishwashers, if you don't know any enquire from the local electrical suppliers

Advertisement