Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-08-2019, 11:11   #61
whiskeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
Bookies is pretty grim on the whole, gamble at home.

Slap the wives arse and say 'your sister's is nicer'...
Advertisement
22-08-2019, 11:53   #62
Earthhorse

Send a message via Yahoo to Earthhorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDI View Post
My work friend didn’t seem to see the same sight I seen in there.
Poetry.
Thanks from:
22-08-2019, 12:46   #63
whisky_galore

Bookies just suck the life out of any town like parasites.
Would never bother going into one ever.
22-08-2019, 12:50   #64
scamalert

Seems back to school shopping has started OP got brought out into real world.
22-08-2019, 12:50   #65
razorblunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDI View Post
I entered a bookies in a very upmarket part of Dublin with a work colleague today. My god how sad it was. There was a few machines in the corner, a foreign looking lad and an Irish/Western European looking lad. The Irish looking lad was scratching his forehead when he got up there was a chunk of skin missing where he had scratched off. No messing. Neither looked like they were having any fun but their money was as good as anyone’s.
There were another few loser looking men about the place. Sleazy looking wasters. There was also one or two people with building site clothes on, maybe on lunch. I left and waited outside.

I’m fairly getting on now but it seems all the young lads in work think this is the coolest pastime going. My work friend didn’t seem to see the same sight I seen in there.

I work with lads on big money who never have a washer who bet as a past time.
They bum smokes all the time off the other smokers. They look older than the drinkers.

Why is it so fashionable what can be done?
Well I'd start by saying that Jonny Flakes should be recommended some E45 cream.
Advertisement
22-08-2019, 12:54   #66

Always the same **** from them and i know a few never lost a bet always got my money back. Some people think its a hobby or innocent pass time. Gambling addiction is just like drug or alcohol it can literally ruin peoples lives.
Thanks from:
22-08-2019, 13:19   #67
Bonniedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis1974 View Post
Always the same **** from them and i know a few never lost a bet always got my money back. Some people think its a hobby or innocent pass time. Gambling addiction is just like drug or alcohol it can literally ruin peoples lives.

Most people who drink or bet or take Nurofen do not end up as extras in Midnight Express.

It would however be interesting to see if bookie's margins have improved in recent years with the proliferation of mug betting on everything from virtual horses, dogs, roulette to absolutely mug odds on televised soccer.

I suspect PP is hauling in far more than when it was mainly horses and match betting on sports. Some shops don't even bother putting up the Racing Post form pages or dog cards any more.

They have cleverly tapped into the Sky EPL/Love Island/telly bingo demographic of gormless fools.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion