Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FOREGOLF KILLEEN CASTLE 2018 FITTING & PRICING!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Re pricing at FG, I got a driver, 3 wood and two hybrids almost 3 years ago. I searched the pricing of the heads/shafts/grips online after getting them and FG were a fiver cheaper excluding all the separate P&P I would have had to suffer as I would have had to source from multiple places.
    I'm waiting until I'm back playing a bit more before going there again.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Did anyone have much of a transformation after getting a driver fitting. Have been threatening to get fitted for a while but honestly would hate to waste the money for little gain.

You can fit yourself for free by trying loads of different drivers / shaft combos for at Kinsealey Grange , I tried several Ping , Cobra , Callaway and Taylor Made drivers with different shaft options and ended us with the Cobra King which is working great and cost a lot less than the TMs , found the staff very helpful there was great to have a bash on the range as you can see how far , high and straight they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

londonred wrote: »
    You can fit yourself for free by trying loads of different drivers / shaft combos for at Kinsealey Grange , I tried several Ping , Cobra , Callaway and Taylor Made drivers with different shaft options and ended us with the Cobra King which is working great and cost a lot less than the TMs , found the staff very helpful there was great to have a bash on the range as you can see how far , high and straight they go.

Most stores don't charge for fittings. Better to get a qualified fitter to advise u on your yardage/distance/dispersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

How does that work then? Are all the different shafts and heads lying around or what's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I think many are are forgetting the actual experience at Foregolf. I’ve been to many fitting sessions and none have come close to Foregolf. The €100 was worth it just for the 45 minutes with Derek.

For me the fitting was transformational and came at the end of a 6 month coaching session, so the timing was good. If it had of been 6 months earlier I would have gotten no benefit at all.

It’s 4 years now and other than groves wearing on the wedges I can’t see myself changing and if i ever do it will be a new fitting at Foregolf.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

You could just go on you tube or google to figure it out too.

Or maybe use an expert to save you time and money and get something that really suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Did anyone have much of a transformation after getting a driver fitting. Have been threatening to get fitted for a while but honestly would hate to waste the money for little gain.

Unless the existing driver is ancient, the gains will be small.
    I'd suggest getting a lesson with Trackman before being fit. This will identify any driver swing issues (like not hitting up or an out-to-in path) that ideally should be addressed before spending big on a new driver. This may also show that your existing driver is close to optimum for your swing speed.

I've been fit many times over the years, including in order: Indoors at a random golf shop (irons), driving range in Lepordstown (driver), driving range in Fore Golf (driver and 3 wood), driving range in Birr (hybrid and wedges) and just recently: driving range in Andrew Morris golf (irons and driver).

I wouldn't put FG close to the best fitting experience but have no doubt many have had a good experience there. FWIW, had the best experience at the last place.

Interestingly, the irons fitted indoors at a random shop stayed in my bag for 10 years and could not be improved on when tested...

Would just suggest the expectations are tempered with the outcome of being fit.
    No fitters offer a tour-level fitting experience - the lads on tour aren't being fit with range balls or limited to one 30 minute fitting session...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

davegilly wrote: »
    How does that work then? Are all the different shafts and heads lying around or what's the deal?

Yes you pick out a few in the shop and then can try them at the range they will adjust the shafts and lofts for you , great to be able to try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Unless the existing driver is ancient, the gains will be small.
    I'd suggest getting a lesson with Trackman before being fit. This will identify any driver swing issues (like not hitting up or an out-to-in path) that ideally should be addressed before spending big on a new driver. This may also show that your existing driver is close to optimum for your swing speed.

I've been fit many times over the years, including in order: Indoors at a random golf shop (irons), driving range in Lepordstown (driver), driving range in Fore Golf (driver and 3 wood), driving range in Birr (hybrid and wedges) and just recently: driving range in Andrew Morris golf (irons and driver).

I wouldn't put FG close to the best fitting experience but have no doubt many have had a good experience there. FWIW, had the best experience at the last place.

Interestingly, the irons fitted indoors at a random shop stayed in my bag for 10 years and could not be improved on when tested...

Would just suggest the expectations are tempered with the outcome of being fit.
    No fitters offer a tour-level fitting experience - the lads on tour aren't being fit with range balls or limited to one 30 minute fitting session...

What did you find best with Andrew Morris golf? and how they were better than the rest?

Just interested as never heard of them. A google search shows there a golf shop just like Mcgurk's, Halpenny etc. I would of taught the likes of FG or a fitting with a Pro be better personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Padraig Dooley in glanmire in cork is excellent (drive golf performance)

I did a fitting there and he spent nearly 2 hours with me. No rush and seemed really like he genuinely wanted to find the best set up for me

This was about 4 years ago and it was Pro v1s off grass so gave a very realistic idea of distance etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

benny79 wrote: »
    What did you find best with Andrew Morris golf? and how they were better than the rest?

Just interested as never heard of them. A google search shows there a golf shop just like Mcgurk's, Halpenny etc. I would of taught the likes of FG or a fitting with a Pro be better personally.

There is a range beside the shop and fitting was done with Trackman.
    What made them better in my view was that there was no time limit on the fitting and no extra cost other than balls i had to buy. The fitting cost was 20quid.
    I also went back another day to test again without a further charge. I wanted to see any differences when swinging on another day (there was).
    I was also able to take away a demo driver and test on the course but can't say this is possible for every driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Russman wrote: »
    I tend to agree with this ^^

I've no particular axe to grind with FG whatsoever, I've been twice (for a driver and for the full bag check) and the experience has been fine both times. Yes, the price was a little higher than a McGuirks etc., but not exorbitantly so.

That said, I got rid of the driver after about 6 months (to be fair I've never liked Callaway drivers and should have known better than to agree to one !), and subsequently changed the irons that I got reshafted, so make of that what you will. Indian or arrow ? Who knows.
    To their credit some of my clubs didn't need changing and they were decent enough to say there was no need to change my fairway woods, hybrid & wedges.

On the flip side however, I'm not at all convinced the build specs & tolerances come out any different to what a good club pro would do tbh.

What I don't like, as mentioned above, is the subtle knocking of everyone else's build quality. Of course they have to market themselves and promote themselves as every business does, but to me, its just a bit, I dunno, condescending or something.

I also don't like them not giving the specs out (or indeed the Op's referring to people who might want their specs as idiots). If you're paying for the fitting then that's the info you should get IMO, otherwise advertise yourself as "providing fittings to be used only in conjunction with purchasing clubs we build for you".

100% agree with this. Got custom fit for a putter there - not entirely convinced it was worthwhile.

Hopefully will get custom fit irons next year - not convinced I'd return to FG. Nothing against the guys there, I just wasn't massively impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Ah lads don't wreck my head.... Im going this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

played with a lad last week who absolutely raved about the experience he had up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Treat it like a spa day, its the one time some one professional wants to actually know about your game outside of a lesson.

Take the fit for what it is and have a think about it so if any questions you didnt think of on the day you can email, response's are quick and well thought out. I found no pressure to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Treat it like a spa day, its the one time some one professional wants to actually know about your game outside of a lesson.

Take the fit for what it is and have a think about it so if any questions you didnt think of on the day you can email, response's are quick and well thought out. I found no pressure to buy

Also found no pressure to buy. I liked the experience overall. I still have my irons and my 3 wood 6 years on. handicap did reduce from 13 to 10 in the following season. not sure if that was because of the clubs or that I was playing a lot. Maybe a combination of both.

I changed the driver, hit the new one no worse or no better. I wouldn't go to them again, only for the reason that I would like my swing assessed for flaws during the fitting also.

Like Dan said, enjoy the fitting, its a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

etxp wrote: »
    I changed the driver, hit the new one no worse or no better.
    Why did you change so?
    Just for change itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why did you change so?
    Just for change itself?

Pretty much got it in my head and wanted to change, and there was a good deal on at the time. I hit it better and further now, but that's down to losing weight and better fitness than the club being the difference.

I change from the Cobra BioCell Pro to the F7+, One of the weights fell out and I'm hitting it straighter now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Has anyone been quoted for the Taylormade M6 3-wood recently by FG?

Was quoted €335 for M6 3-wood and €285 for Cobra Z9 3-wood.

Not quite sure why the M6 is €50 more then the Z9 when they are both retailing around the same price in Mcguirks.

Dont mind paying a few quid extra over retail for the service they provide, but dont understand the mark-up on the M6 over the Z9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Has anyone been quoted for the Taylormade M6 3-wood recently by FG?

Was quoted €335 for M6 3-wood and €285 for Cobra Z9 3-wood.

Not quite sure why the M6 is €50 more then the Z9 when they are both retailing around the same price in Mcguirks.

Dont mind paying a few quid extra over retail for the service they provide, but dont understand the mark-up on the M6 over the Z9

Ask them, could be the shaft you got fitted for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Hoboo wrote: »
    Ask them, could be the shaft you got fitted for?

Did ask, but didnt really get an answer.

No same shaft, actually got fitted by them a few years back, but didnt buy a 3-wood at the time. They are using my data from back then

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭moycullen14

big_drive wrote: »
    Padraig Dooley in glanmire in cork is excellent (drive golf performance)

I did a fitting there and he spent nearly 2 hours with me. No rush and seemed really like he genuinely wanted to find the best set up for me

This was about 4 years ago and it was Pro v1s off grass so gave a very realistic idea of distance etc

+1 on this

Well had my spa day today and loved it.... Bar the drive, damn you Google maps.
    Great welcome from Christine, Don and David.
    Told David what I wanted and he spent well over the hour with me.
    Changing Driver from titleist 913d2 to a callaway rogue. DAMN I was nailing it.
    Dropping both 3 (titleist 913)and 5(ping rapture) for a king cobra 4 wood. Loved it and the strike was causing all kinds of gasps out of me. 2 new hybrids. Taylor made m6 to replace my others.
    The irons took quite a while to find but am going with the mizuno 919 hot metals.
    The wedges I probably will stick with for now as they are really good to me but will change possibly after Xmas.

All in all a very enjoyable 70 plus mins and am already like a kid at Christmas waiting for the UPS to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

Well had my spa day today and loved it.... Bar the drive, damn you Google maps.
    Great welcome from Christine, Don and David.
    Told David what I wanted and he spent well over the hour with me.
    Changing Driver from titleist 913d2 to a callaway rogue. DAMN I was nailing it.
    Dropping both 3 (titleist 913)and 5(ping rapture) for a king cobra 4 wood. Loved it and the strike was causing all kinds of gasps out of me. 2 new hybrids. Taylor made m6 to replace my others.
    The irons took quite a while to find but am going with the mizuno 919 hot metals.
    The wedges I probably will stick with for now as they are really good to me but will change possibly after Xmas.

All in all a very enjoyable 70 plus mins and am already like a kid at Christmas waiting for the UPS to arrive.

How are you getting on with the new clubs? I’m thinking of going there in the new year.

Was it worthwhile, I’d like to get custom fit for irons.

How are you getting on with the new clubs? I’m thinking of going there in the new year.

Was it worthwhile, I’d like to get custom fit for irons.

Unreal difference.
    Driver is soooo good. Callaway rogue that's long and forgiving.
    Cobra 3/4 wood that's gonna be my newest bestest friend.
    Taylor made m6 4 and 5 rescues... Not quite beeming with confidence on the the course just yet but on the range are very good.
    Mizuno jpx 919 irons are butter. Especially love the fact the lie was adjusted so hitting more from centre as apossed to high off the toe.
    Didnt get wedges yet but will in new year.
    All in 2300 euro but because I had a windfall this year it wasnt a burden of savings.
    If you read the thread on scoring you'd see I had a round of 74 gross off 15 within 8 weeks of receiving clubs.
    I couldn't recommend ForeGolf enough.
    Now don't be fooled that a bad shot won't be still a bad shot but if you're anyway consistent getting fitted will surprise you how much of difference it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Has any one gone to Foregolf and just been recommended to be fitted for upgraded shafts,lofts and lie adjustments on current equipment rather than a full bag of new clubs being suggested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

kod12 wrote: »
    Has any one gone to Foregolf and just been recommended to be fitted for upgraded shafts,lofts and lie adjustments on current equipment rather than a full bag of new clubs being suggested?

I gone and been told my clubs are fine and for the little different and price a upgrade wouldnt be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimjim12

kod12 wrote: »

I've been twice. In 2012, I got a new 3 wood from them. They told me my existing irons (jpx-800 from 2011) were perfect for me. I went back in 2017. Again they told me my irons did not need to be replaced even though they were 6 years old. Same for my driver (2016 M2) which I'd bought in GolfStyle in Galway, Forefolf told me there was no need to replace it. I ended up getting two hybrids and new wedges.
    If you're unsure, spend the €100 on a fitting. Enjoy the experience and the coffee, they will not pressurise you into a purchase.

Advertisement