Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Really hope I get picked for the beta. I just can't see myself loving Washington as much as I did snowy NY but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

You could pre-order to guarantee beta access and then cancel afterwards. I am not sure if that works on PS4? I do it on the Xbox for all the pre-order beta stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You could pre-order to guarantee beta access and then cancel afterwards. I am not sure if that works on PS4? I do it on the Xbox for all the pre-order beta stuff.

Lately any pre-orders have to be paid in full and can only be refunded before you download the game. Wouldn't be so bad (very likely I'll be going digital anyway unless the beta is awful) except you. Only get beta access with the good and ultimate editions (100 & 110 euro). Feck that. It says they come with the year 1 pass but I thought they said dlc would be free in division 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Lately any pre-orders have to be paid in full and can only be refunded before you download the game. Wouldn't be so bad (very likely I'll be going digital anyway unless the beta is awful) except you. Only get beta access with the good and ultimate editions (100 & 110 euro). Feck that. It says they come with the year 1 pass but I thought they said dlc would be free in division 2?
    Perhaps an Amazon pre-order, get the code, redeem and cancel.

Pre-ordering the standard edition on Amazon comes with a beta code according to the description.

Perhaps an Amazon pre-order, get the code, redeem and cancel.

Pre-ordering the standard edition on Amazon comes with a beta code according to the description.

On other country stores, it mentions access to private beta with standard edition. I'm sure you get it on Irish store as well. Just saw smyths are selling it for 55 (including 5 euro discount) and get a beta code as well. Very tempting.

Just saw this, some positive responses about the Alpha. Also, big preview coming out on 15th January in a 'magazine', whatever that is.

https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2018/12/20/fans-react-positively-to-the-division-2-alpha

• Advertisement

A strange update, after OPM UK went to print, UBI contacted them and told them the embargo is the 17th, not 15th so the magazine sale date is changing to the 17th. I thought changing a mag sale date would be an awful hassle. Why not just let it happen 2 days earlier?

https://twitter.com/OPM_UK/status/1081686996794392581?s=19

Prequel comic releases tomorrow, definitely gonna keep an eye out for this.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1082689522264170496?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They've dropped Steam for TD2, and are selling on the Epic Store instead:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-09-ubisoft-forgoes-steam-in-favour-of-the-epic-games-store-for-the-division-2

The Steam listing is gone entirely. I really don't like this trend by Epic to make stuff exclusive to their store.

You can read/download the comic from this link. Never heard of this site before, must check what else they have.

https://getcomics.info/other-comics/tom-clancys-the-division-extremis-malis-1-2019/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Spear wrote: »
    They've dropped Steam for TD2, and are selling on the Epic Store instead:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-09-ubisoft-forgoes-steam-in-favour-of-the-epic-games-store-for-the-division-2

The Steam listing is gone entirely. I really don't like this trend by Epic to make stuff exclusive to their store.

It isn't. Whoever they gave it to, it would just bring you to Uplay anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rob2D wrote: »
    It isn't. Whoever they gave it to, it would just bring you to Uplay anyway.

In the case of TD2, no, it's not completely exclusive, with UPlay being the wrench in the works. It's not the same as the other games Epic are making exclusive.

I've pre-ordered on GMG. Why bother with yet another launcher like the Epic one, when I can just go straight to UPlay.

Spear wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered on GMG. Why bother with yet another launcher like the Epic one, when I can just go straight to UPlay.

Agreed. Got my RE2 key pre-ordered from GMG this week.

I've never had a moments trouble with UPlay either; don't know why people bash it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cant say I use Uplay all that much but I have never really had any issues with it when I have used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Agreed. Got my RE2 key pre-ordered from GMG this week.

I've never had a moments trouble with UPlay either; don't know why people bash it so much.

From what I can tell, people bash it because it's not Steam. The same with the EA store. I've Epic / EA / UPlay / Steam / Blizzard launchers all installed, never had an issue with any of them.

Long gone are the days of no stores / launchers and all you had was a shortcut on your desktop... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

UPlay gets bashed because is was an absolute cluster**** for a long time.

It's fine now, but there's no real reason to use it over Steam or Origin (bar Ubisoft games obviously). It's no cheaper, and has less titles available.

Book coming out to accompany the game if anyone's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506711049/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bPwpCbWDTE9YC

Story trailer releasing tomorrow, hopefully with a beta date at the end.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1085220129342930944?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

The second game is coming out and i still cant fond paul Rhodes at his desk:)
    I had to go whole game without tech tree.
    I played as far as level 25ish if i remember correctly before repetitivity set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Told myself I wouldn't get this because I have a thesis to write from March but I'm very tempted after watching that.

• Advertisement

Really really looking forward to it. The graphics look worse than the first game but maybe the YouTube compression doesn't do it justice? Miss Snowy New York but will be nice to see some change in the environment.

Private Beta 7-10 of Feb

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming they are aware of the backlash over the original Division trailer looking absolutely nothing like release, so they went for a more "realistic" representation of the game.

If it's as good as the Division 1 eventually got, it should be great.

I suppose I can break my silence a little bit on the Alpha now.

The above video is pretty much the reason why I'm just not feeling this one :(

The setting is really bad. It's just so boring and plain. Overgrown vegetation and some flooding is about as exciting as it got. They replaced a nice comfy New York at Christmas time with essentially a swampy bog.
    They sort of try at times to make it interesting by pointing out DC landmarks as you go by, but it's like, I really don't care about your American history monuments you know? So you end up just walking down a generic city street in summer time and it looks just like every other game. A real shame.
    Now I know it's super hard to top New York. Everyone loves NY because it just has so much character and flavour built in. But D.C.? Really? The place has about as much character as a rice cracker.

The good news is that it still plays 100% like Division. With a pinch of Wildlands thrown in too. Everything responds just as you expect, so they seem to have hit the ground running there gameplay wise.

So I'm somewhat disappointed that I probably won't be putting the same hours into 2 because the world just doesn't feel good to be in. Especially when they could have taken it anywhere. Imagine if every country had a Division program?! And we could have gone to Tokyo or somewhere neat like that. Oh well.

There's more fun activity stuff and returning characters I want to tell ye about but I probably shouldn't :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

There's more fun activity stuff and returning characters I want to tell ye about but I probably shouldn't :pac:

Aaron Keener did nothing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like a reskin in a less interesting setting.
    The horrible ui hasnt changed much either.

Im not a fan of trailers at all, real gameplay though i am.

LOL @ the console aiming though :P

Oh yeah that's another stupid thing that really annoyed me. All the DZ's are separate now. WTF??? That means if I want to do a DZ run I'll have to do one, leave travel across the city, do that, leave and travel again. Stupid.

Also, they didn't show it in the trailer but now before you can enter the DZ you have to like "activate" it for lack of a better word. You go in, scout it and then switch on the power/turrets before it can be populated with people. I guess it's designed to give noobs a chance to explore and familiarise themselves before jumping in.

From Reddit:

====OPM TD2 article notes via "The Division Elites" Facebook (closed) group ====

-3 DZ’s confirmed with ‘Normalisation’

-There’s an Occupied DZ - where the “gloves are off”

-You can loot a downed player asking to be revived

-New Grey Rogue state - won’t be broadcast but flags you as untrustworthy

-Friendly fire is turned on in one of the DZ’s

-There are ‘Monuments’ in the DZ, as opposed to ‘Landmarks’

-PvP - Conflict Mode, which includes Skirmish, Team Deathmatch and Domination game types.

-In Skirmish mode each team has a set number of respawns.

-Conflict Mode has a separate progression system for gear unlocks, skill levelling and class upgrades.

There are more than one way to go Rogue, one of which you don't have to fire a single bullet. The GREY option is pretty interesting.

There are also scanned in photos in The Division Elite's FB page of the UK PlayStation mag with Dark Zone details. Also something about a "Conflict" mode (Not sure if that's DZ or not).

-LikeButter9's testionial of the Dark Zone via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LiKeBuTTeR9/status/1085862099329310725

The Dark Zone in #TheDivision2 is straight up out of a horror movie. It's quiet, lonely, and sad. It'll make you feel as uneasy as possible and make you want to keep to your squad mates close at all times. The Atmosphere is actually unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Advertisement

I actually like the sound of the new dark zones. The story will take you to one of them as an introduction to them and then you have 3 types, one of which is like a noob friendly one where there will be turrets at checkpoints which target rogue and AI agents to stop camping. One of the other DZ's is the opposite, no rules, no rogue status, deadly AI, highest rewards. Seems like DZ is catering for everyone now.

I like the lore behind them as well how they are contaminated with a toxin that was dispersed to kill the virus but instead killed everything.

Advertisement