Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I sent email to Xtravision HQ asking about a price for the Ultimate Loot Chest edition and got the below response:

Thank you for your email.

I have looked into your query with our Gaming Department, I am glad to inform
    you the estimated price will be between €109.99-€129.99, it will not rise above
    €129.99. If you drop into your local store you can make a pre order on the
    Ulitmate Loot Chest edition.

Sounds really good. I'm checking how much the Vault Hunter edition is as well.

New trailer out, looks class out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

*throws money at screen*

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

I actually haven't watched any of the trailers or anything past the very first one :P I'm trying to remain as unspoiled as possible, like I was when I stumbled across the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I love claptrap:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks great. Hoping the 1st one (GOTY edition) is in the sale later, as i never did finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

take-my-money.jpg

I cannot WAIT for this to drop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

sheehy83 wrote: »

Good, but needs more WUBS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

sheehy83 wrote: »

http://youtu.be/nicvyhrmTDs

Absolutely ****ing class. Played the first one to death (over 1000 hours), and this just might top that.

It's like an FPS Diablo, but without any stupid Auction House to spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

B2 has a "badass" leveling system, which essentially means infinite leveling.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Gearbox Software has unveiled Borderlands 2's Badass system, its character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels.

As you play Borderlands 2 you level up your Badass rank, which is linked to your profile but provides statistical bonuses to all your characters - new and old.

Each time you use a token gained through Badass, the game randomly picks a set of statistics. Then, you decide which statistic to increase. It's all powered by a secret algorithm the developer is keeping close to its chest.

Gearbox chief Randy Pitchford, who expects to see long-term players with Badass levels in the thousands, told Eurogamer he believes the system is the first of its kind.

Could be good or could be pointless. :)
    A lot depends on how the enemies scale with your level.
    If you become too powerful, the game will be too easy.
    If the enemies level up as you do, then the badass system is totally pointless.

More here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-13-borderlands-2-badass-system-has-infinite-levels-of-progression

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

@1:22 of the video, Lilith with angel wings :confused: or maybe Phoenix Lilith :D

calex71 wrote: »
    @1:22 of the video, Lilith with angel wings :confused: or maybe Phoenix Lilith :D

Could be she has evolved her Siren powers, or something to do with the angel that guides you in Borderlands 1.

Badass system sounds great, means your never starting purely from scratch with a new character. That can be the killer for dungeon delving, loot fixated games like this and Diablo: the sense of weakness when you re-roll.

Also, Gametrailers have a good vid of the new info, plus more ingame clips is always good :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g2wlcr/borderlands-2-hit-points---tea-party-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just seen this now,
    http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/906/33/
    Today, we have some exciting new to share about Borderlands 2 -- the game is headed to certification!

This means that the game’s on-disc content has been locked down and will be thoroughly tested to ensure it is ready for release -– in other words, the game is finished and we cannot make any further changes to the game.

12 small touches that improves Borderlands 2 over the original

http://mashable.com/2012/07/20/borderlands-2-improvements/#765971-The-Stash-Is-Persistent

I'm loving the original at the moment. Currently level 20, and having a blast. Really looking forward to the 2nd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Likewise. Bought the 4 DLC packs last week and blasting my way through that. Finished the zombie DLC, that braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains mission was a bit of a drag but it was fun! Leveled up quite a bit during it (up to 48) and the zombies are now 2xp each so it's a good time to have finished it.

Really wishing I had time to go back and play through it with all the characters. Kicking myself for choosing Roland at the start, he's the only character I played. Mordecai and lilith look a lot more interesting.

Ah well, will make sure to try all four of the characters in 2. Even if it takes me forever!

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Really wishing I had time to go back and play through it with all the characters. Kicking myself for choosing Roland at the start, he's the only character I played. Mordecai and lilith look a lot more interesting.

There was a series of achievements in the original game for reaching level 5 with a character (and using their ability for the first time). If there is similar in B2, I might do that to start off with and see which character I like the best before continuing.

I played Mordecai last time, but went with Roland this time. Loving the turret, and it's saved my life a few times. Think i'll go with Zer0 or Maya for Borderlands 2 though.

What level should you do the DLC's at, or do they scale?

Kiith wrote: »
    I played Mordecai last time, but went with Roland this time. Loving the turret, and it's saved my life a few times. Think i'll go with Zer0 or Maya for Borderlands 2 though.

What level should you do the DLC's at, or do they scale?

Though one, Zombie island can be done early , Knoxx 30+ found it tough going on my second play even at level 60. Claptrap is somewhere in the middle if I recall. As for Moxi's Underdome not easy solo, best way to approach that is if you host as a low level and have other players with higher levels join. Still haven't finished that one. The main arenas are 25 levels and each needs to be done in one sitting which takes a few hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn wish I'd gotten goty in the sale :(

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Likewise. Bought the 4 DLC packs last week and blasting my way through that. Finished the zombie DLC, that braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains mission was a bit of a drag but it was fun! Leveled up quite a bit during it (up to 48) and the zombies are now 2xp each so it's a good time to have finished it.

Ah well, will make sure to try all four of the characters in 2. Even if it takes me forever!

Ah, nothing stopping you from going back and playing with the others. Roland's my main as well but I've a level 32 Lilith atm and I'm starting Mordecai and it's fun just to see the different ways I approach the game with different characters. Never could get into playing Brick though.

Brick ability is just too annoying....

"RRRRAGH RRRARRRRR RRRRRR RRRRAGHHHH"

If you go Roland, put some points in the "Turret heals health to players" as its saved my bacon oh so many times. Probably going Axton in B2, and give Zero a spin after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

calex71 wrote: »
    Though one, Zombie island can be done early , Knoxx 30+ found it tough going on my second play even at level 60. Claptrap is somewhere in the middle if I recall. As for Moxi's Underdome not easy solo, best way to approach that is if you host as a low level and have other players with higher levels join. Still haven't finished that one. The main arenas are 25 levels and each needs to be done in one sitting which takes a few hours.

I started them on playthrough 2, Zombies fore me were in the 42-44 level region when I started at level 40. I wonder if they level up the enemies to your level when you start.

I'll let ye know when I start the next one if they've scaled.

Achievement List:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/borderlands-2/achievements/

Half are story related and secret, so the list is safe to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭centa

Damn wish I'd gotten goty in the sale :(

On sale in greenmangaming €4.98 if you have a 20% discount code even cheaper, game is steam activated.

You also get a code for 10% off borderlands 2 (Time limited).
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=borderlands

Mr E wrote: »
    Achievement List:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/borderlands-2/achievements/

Half are story related and secret, so the list is safe to look at.

Nice they look like I won't have to pay too much attention in working towards them , one jumped out at me though "Tribute To A Vault Hunter - Got an item from Michael Mamaril" People will probably remember him from this....

Wow, didn't know about that guy. What a cool move out of Gearbox!

http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-to-honor-late-fan-as-an-npc-in-borderlands-2-215160.phtml

If you go to page 20 of the xtravision magazine below, it shows you get some preorder goodies like Slaughter Dome DLC, Access to the Premiere Club and Gorillaz Demon Days CD

http://www.xtravision.ie/XtraMagazineROI

How awful is it that I'm seeing the upshot of having to defer next year of college as being that I can sit and play Borderlands 2 as much as I want the minute it comes out?

I was just listening to Major Nelson's podcast and they had a piece about Borderlands 2 and how long it takes to finish. Someone did a regular playthrough (with one character) and it took 58 hours.

This game is going to be serious value for money. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

cool, i might get a week out of single player so :)

Advertisement