Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Astral Projection or Lucid Dreams?

• 29-04-2004 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Anyone believe in astral projection - the ability of someone to leave their body on the edge of sleep and waking, and fly about? or are reports of these people having the common lucid dream of being able to fly and whatnot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Astral projection and lucid dreams can be experienced by anyone who is motivated enough to do so.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    Astral projection and lucid dreams can be experienced by anyone who is motivated enough to do so.

Nick

Maybe, but where lucid dreams are imaginary. astral projection is said to be 'real'. as in people flying out and seeing a neighbour walking their dog 2 blocks away, then later being able to confirm this with the neighbour later. has anyone any solid eveidence that they have left their body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aenen

I haven't come across any personally... but I have had a friend that used to be into that stuff... infact her whole imediate family did it. She discribed how she would just sit... and clear her mind, and she would float out of her body... but she always got frightened by it and would jump back before anything could happen.

As for the lucid dreams, I've done so many a time... specifically flying and moving thigs with sheer will. However, that is only dreams though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

From my understanding lucid dreaming, is just being very conscious when your dreaming, so you have the ability to change circumstances or outcomes in dreams. Astral travelling and lucid dreaming can be one and the same experience.

About two years ago while drifting off to sleep I half woke to this really loud pulsing humming sound, it was so loud it felt like pressure waves... was a tad freaky.
    I tried to move because it was scaring the krap out of me but I couldn't I was totally paralysed, which just freaked me even more. The noise was so loud, that I thought my eardrums were going to burst,(like g-forces) kind of a painful experience and it took about five minutes before I could actually move a muscle. I explained this to a group of people who told me it was an OBE (or at least a partial one, caught myself leaving my body apparantly) and tried to encourage me to allow it to happen next time.

Following that episode, it happened a lot more frequently, and when I would wake my dreams were always relevant to goings on in the world. Example..one night I dreamt I was flying (typical astral travel indicator) and I found myself at prince williams birthday party, he was up on a stage and there was a huge security operation, long story..but when I woke the next morning, the first thing I did was turn on the radio and the first words I heard were "an intruder who gatecrashed prince williams birthday party last night has been reprimanded by police follwing..."
    I had no idea it was williams birthday at the time, let alone know he was having a big outooor party to celebrate. the only thing I don't understand is if I was astral travelling, what the hell was I doing at prince williams bday party, when I could have gone somewhere interesting...(I even had a chat with the queen?)

I've been (apparantly) to an internet chatfriends house(s) (in US), I described the house, the design, the colour of respective rooms, significant elements that could only be attributed to her home.

more recently I was in Iraq and people were being taken hostage, this was the week before they very publically started taking hostages.

I think if your trying to prove these things, you can really only do that by having the experience yourself, the more confirmation you get, the more evidence you have to support it.
    btw..once you start becomming lucid in dreams, that consciousness passes over into waking state and you can begin to achieve the same results in an awake state.
    as far as I am aware the ability to do this consciously is known as remote viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

years and years ago ... *in a Galaxy far far away* ... :D I'm just kiddin ....

but seriously ... years ago I used to practice .. and one evening I was to lie down on my bed and pass a colour to someone else who was doing the same ... there are alot more details to this ... but anyway ... after a while I could feel like I was moving about ... but like floating ... but didn't think about it ... just focused on passing the colour ... got to the other person's house who was supposed to be lying focused and waiting for the colour ... but she wasn't there ... so I searched her house and found her in another room ...

the next day I said to her .. why weren't you where you were supposed to be last night at that time .. I could even tell that she had changed her clothes from what she was wearing during the day ... I didn't think it was real untill she confirmed everything... cause it was kinda like a dream sequence.

But yes I'd believe in both astral projection and lucid dreams ... I think both take alot of practice ... and sometimes it can happen just by chance like with me.... if thats what it was!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

was it the colour red?

heh

Advertisement