Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Getting close to being done with this game after playing it nearly exclusively since Velvet Shell.

Haven't played a ranked game since the Dokters Curse came out.... Loving this game mode but making me realize that I'm over the main game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Getting close to being done with this game after playing it nearly exclusively since Velvet Shell.

Haven't played a ranked game since the Dokters Curse came out.... Loving this game mode but making me realize that I'm over the main game

You will never be done with Siege.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Same, I'll never trade r6 or OW, everything else comes and goes, they're always worth dipping back into

I've solo queued the whole time.

I always place in high gold's at ranking time (when you may well be queing with good players) but once everyone is ranked it's just a slow drop to low silvers or worse!!!! Playing in low silvers or bronze is soul destroying.

I'm not a Fragger, I'm a support player(termite, Thatcher, hibana, capitao) I'll breach the wall, I'll clear the electronics, I'll cover the plant........

Without a decent team, with a few good fraggers, I'm foooked!!!

Just takes the fun out of it

Pretty much same experience fo rme, i get ranked and then its a battle to hold onto it. I don't particularly care about my rank though so not too bothered. The amount of operators now, you would need to be giving it a lot of time to climb. I'm the guy still picking rook and mute refusing to learn beyond season 1 tactics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The game is still brilliant.

Also still using original operators 90% of the time.

DEF: Mute, Lesion, Valkyrie, Rook, Castle, Kapkan. I sometimes use Alibi though.

ATT: Twitch was main for ages, but am a big fan of Gridlock. Also use Sledge, Montagne and Thermite on occasion.

New operators are often a bit too gimmicky for me.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Pretty much same experience fo rme, i get ranked and then its a battle to hold onto it. I don't particularly care about my rank though so not too bothered. The amount of operators now, you would need to be giving it a lot of time to climb. I'm the guy still picking rook and mute refusing to learn beyond season 1 tactics

The rank itself means nothing to me, it's the level/ability of the players you tend to find at the lower ranks that I don't like.
    Ive no interest in going for diamond every season.....I just want to play with 4 other like minded people.
    The amount of times I've queued with a 4 stack who were intent in taking the piss, or every round one of them kills me!!!! Pain in the hole....

I'd be lying if I said I don't care about the rank. I'm still trying to get Platinum in solo queue. Reaching it solo would be a pat on the back moment. Silver II at the moment, having started season on Gold II and yo-yo'd.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I don't care about the rank. I'm still trying to get Platinum in solo queue. Reaching it solo would be a pat on the back moment. Silver II at the moment, having started season on Gold II and yo-yo'd.

I got platIII on White Noise by some miracle. Was a good feeling in fairness!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Started playing over Xmas and I'm hooked. Only dumped about 17 hours in so far, all in quick play.

As much as I'm enjoyinh it I feel utterly useless at it. Map knowledge is my biggest downfall and unfortunately I don't have the time to sit and study maps in custom TH games like I've been seeing people say online. Makes me think there is no point in even trying ranked. I'm slowly improving my aim and positional play and am ok on attack where i have more of an idea of the general direction I'm meant to be going. But as soon as I'm on defence, lack of map knowledge is nearly always my biggest downfall to the point where I pretty much always play Rook or Wamai and play an anchor.

• Advertisement

Practice makes perfect. You are doing the right thing anchoring until you learn the maps a little better. I never bothered going through on custom, you will learn as you play. God speed.

100% play the anchor until you know the maps ops on other team < this is more important than the map (i say that with 1000 hours) knowing who you are are up against is the most important info in siege and do whatever it takes to get that info.

For your attacking strategy follow another player from a reasonable distance 2 v1 is better than 1 v1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

goon_magee wrote:
    Started playing over Xmas and I'm hooked. Only dumped about 17 hours in so far, all in quick play.

great to see new players coming in, just be aware of the toxic fookers that will berate you for not knowing stuff

Cheers for the pointers lads, much appreciated. I think i will stick to anchoring when defending as suggested. It's slowly starting to all piece together, I feel like every time I defend a site I learn something else about an adjacent room or potential angle that I wasnt previously aware of so I'm sure it'll all come together. As I mentioned also I'm only 17 hours in which is absolutely nothing at this stage when compared to the massive amounts of time a lot of others have invested.

I've noticed a fair bit of toxicity and griefing right enough. Most recently last night in a 1 on 4 situation I found myself in whilst attacking. Second round in and I was the last player remaining, droned the objective site, got intel on 3 players and managed to open up a line of sight with Ash and take the three of them out. Droned again and got the drop on the last player roaming and all of a sudden got booted as I was about to make my play with 30 seconds left. Assuming i was playing with a 4 stack who got tired of waiting for me to make my move.

Seems needless but to be expected, if you give players the tools to grief its inevitable that you will come across knuckle draggers from time ti time; not going to let it deter me though.

It's a lot less toxic than it was, you can get kicked pretty easily now for teamkilling, it used to be a free for all.

I can't actual handle Casual for all the toxicity, but Ranked is generally ok. Once you build confidence, get over to Ranked ASAP. Sounds like you are pretty much there based on your report.

I can't actual handle Casual for all the toxicity, but Ranked is generally ok. Once you build confidence, get over to Ranked ASAP. Sounds like you are pretty much there based on your report.

Nice to know ranked is a bit better. I actually just hit 30 last night so can jump into ranked now. Will probably play a bit more quickplay now over the weekend then tackle my placement games next week at some point.

Any Xbox players still kicking around on here? Tried a couple of ranked games last night and solo queuing doesn't seem the way to go. I was mic'd up but didn't encounter one other player with a mic. Sent out some party invites as well to see maybe were the rest of the team in pre mades in the hopes that they might see my party inv and invite me to theirs but no joy :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

goon_magee wrote:
    Any Xbox players still kicking around on here? Tried a couple of ranked games last night and solo queuing doesn't seem the way to go. I was mic'd up but didn't encounter one other player with a mic. Sent out some party invites as well to see maybe were the rest of the team in pre mades in the hopes that they might see my party inv and invite me to theirs but no joy :/

yes A bit a puddin is my username

fergus1001 wrote: »
    yes A bit a puddin is my username

Cool, I'll ping you a friend request when I'm on next. goonmagee is the user

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

goon_magee wrote: »

Drugz4Bandit is my GT. Shoot me an invite sometime

Drugz4Bandit is my GT. Shoot me an invite sometime

Cheers! Will pop an invite tonight when in from work!

Played a couple games of quickplay last night before bed; I swear some maps will never make sense to me. Some maps like Outback and Coastal have started to come together and I now have a grasp of how to flank and where important stairs/entry points are. But then I come up against something like Tower and I have the navigational awareness of a plane entering the Bermuda Triangle! Doesn't matter how many times I study a video or map of the layout of Tower, I always end up completely confused by it.

Other maps I'm not keen on are Oregon and Border, but apart from that I've found the majority very enjoyable. I think my fave map so far is Favela due to how unique it feels. I'm sure it will play very differently on ranked, but at the moment the most fun I've had in the game is using Hibana and Ash to breach the walls of the packaging room on the top floor from the rooftops spawn and taking potshots at the enemy as they try and scramble for the door.

No Favela on ranked I'm afraid :(

I find it the same with some maps , I've been playing on off for years and still get lost

No Favela on ranked I'm afraid :(

Ah that's a bummer. Is that a result of balance issues? As I see it most games on Favela heavily favour attackers, but I could be misreading the situation completely.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Ah that's a bummer. Is that a result of balance issues? As I see it most games on Favela heavily favour attackers, but I could be misreading the situation completely.

Play Hostage in the Terrorist hunt missions, kill the AI but do not touch the hostage (Triggers the next wave)

Freely walk around the map learning then

Or host a private game but I find having something to kill makes it a bit less boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Bought the delux version of this for 8.99 on psn on a whim. Anyone here playing that would like to learn a noob?

I've been thinking I'm done with this game for a while now.
    I was 18 points off plat 3 last night and dropped 2 doughnuts in a row. It ruined my night.

I'm selling the PlayStation. I'm done.

Great game but I have other things going on in my life......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I've been thinking I'm done with this game for a while now.
    I was 18 points off plat 3 last night and dropped 2 doughnuts in a row. It ruined my night.

I'm selling the PlayStation. I'm done.

Great game but I have other things going on in my life......

I don't blame you. I haven't bothered with ranked in a while. Too many M&K and scuff players.

Advertisement