Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recent post re. a free download book

• 28-12-2018 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I remember someone recently posted about a free download book from Amazon(?) either on family history or Irish history, I can't remember which. Can the poster or anyone else direct me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I remember someone recently posted about a free download book from Amazon(?) either on family history or Irish history, I can't remember which. Can the poster or anyone else direct me please?

I don't recall that post , but one of the best places to locate free books/histories/etc on Irish genealogy is this blog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was it this book, linked to by pedroeibar1 in the Surname Maps thread?
    https://archive.org/stream/cu31924029805540#page/n1/mode/2up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks spurious and pedro but I don't think it was either of those. I just remember that it was a" free download", a "short book", and "a great read". Though I will check out your links anyway. Funny feeling it may have been American history but can't say for sure. I remember thinking I must check that out, and then I promptly forgot! Thank you folks.

Advertisement